Reviews for Team 8
Allos chapter 9 . 11/1/2006
Wow, just wow. Where to start? This story just blows my mind. It is amazingly well written, especially for a fan fiction. After every story I read, I think back at how well it was or wasn't written. In this case it was the former, but I keep coming across places that are so well written, I stop right there and have to work very hard to avoid squealling in joy. Everyone is kept in character, and when it comes to people who we don't know that well, like Kurenai, your substitutions are very appropriate and believable. Last, I can't thank you enough for using proper grammar and spelling. I can give people a break when they make a few spelling mistakes, but it gets to a point where trying to decipher what the author was trying to say isn't worth the effort. Your story, on the other hand, is a smooth read with little difficulty understanding, except maybe when Shino gets going.

Thank you so much for writing this story.
getaiyou chapter 9 . 11/1/2006
Oh yeah, Shino totally rocks.

Update soon.
UzumakiHarry chapter 9 . 11/1/2006
dude hurry the hell up ive been waiting like a mounth
protogenxl chapter 9 . 11/1/2006
the Aburame are so Vulcan like, I love it.
EDK chapter 9 . 11/1/2006
YOUR STORY IS THE BEST NARUTO A/U I'VE EVER SEEN!

The way the characters seem to come to life on the page is really good, and your insight with how they would react in given situations seems true to their characters and the changes you are making are small and subtle enough that they're gradually changing the story step by step, not all at once like some writers do...

So I'm looking forward to your next couple of chapters and the Chuunin Exams, will Naruto and the rest of the Rookie 9 be taking part? Make sure not to do a carbon copy of the orginal ones, after all you're much better than that and to do that would be cheating yourself!

So Hinata is coming out of her shell, that's good news, but will she be powerful enough to beat Neji this time around, that is if they even face off( you could be doing something else for all I know)?

Shino must be ticked about his opinions being affected by his family, even if they didn't do it intentionally, the clan elders are going to get an ear-full from him...

Poor Naruto, he wants to help Hinata so badly, but what can he do in this situation? He definitly will need to talk to Kurenai about this...

Boy, Team 7 is going to be in a world of hurt for the exams if this keeps up, Sasuke's lone wolf act will not work at all, Sakura's head over heels in love with Sasuke and will do whatever he wants without question and Kiba's stuck with his dog and no backup from his two team-mates! Naruto's greatest power comes not from the Kyuubi, but his ability to get people to co-operate with each other...

Your updates may take a while, but I don't mind because I savour every new chapter like a wine taster would a fine quality wine! With Naruto and Hinata going to Rock Lee's party next time and Rock Lee discovering drunken fist mode( not to mention Hinata training with Naruto, Lee and Gai-sensei ), I wonder will Hinata unlock some hidden potential in any area or something like that in the future?
sadia Fiore forgot password chapter 9 . 11/1/2006
this is the best alternate "story" line I've read in the naruto fanfic section.

although I'd love to see an update soon,

but Quality over quantity is my motto

keep this up, I REALLY like the way you write.

Jacob VanValkenburg chapter 9 . 10/31/2006
Hi. I have read your fanfic and was very impressed. I am not an expert on the subject, but yours was the best fanfic I have ever read, written more like a short story that you took your time on than something tossed together out of boredom. Most significantly, your story has the strength to stand on its own instead of just toying with an idea and letting the anime deal with characterization and creativity. I particularly liked how Shino was developed, original yet not separate from the anime, and while Naruto is a lot different from how he was on tv, that difference is justified by the different setting and well written, and anyway, why should he be exactly the same? And while it might seem slow, I don't have to wait a week to read the next chapter like I do with tv, so it's allowed to be slow. Though I noticed a problem that I have when I write that you refer to characters like the blonde shinobi to vary from the monotonous repetition of names and pronouns. However, this is only strongly pronounced when you're writing; people read faster so chances are they'll breeze right through it and the forced variation is rather distracting. I liked the way you took your time in this and successfully avoided the temptation to pursue cheap thrills in your writing like ridiculously irrational, satirical jokes or erotic fantasies that both defy the nature of the characters and defile the quality of writing. Some hard core fans might want a more dogmatic loyalty to the style and language of the anime, which I have not really seen turn out positively in writing, but you did more than that. You wrote something worth reading.
pangie-06 chapter 9 . 10/31/2006
Hi, I just found this story, and I have to say that this is probably the best story I've read in a long long time. (on at least) Thank you so much for writing this story! I love the way you portray all the Naruto characters, and I can't believe how in depth this story is when covering each character's background and how fluid it is. This story definitely deserves the amount of reviews it has received so far. haha...it's kind of surprising to me just how many fans there are of Naruto out there, really...over 2700 reviews for one story? Wow...I can't believe it took me so long to find this story. But, I'm glad I did. Heh, it made my day...(sad to say, I know...lol)

Well, anyways, thanks for the 9 chapters so far, and I can't wait to read more. Good luck with the next installment! Arigato! Ja ne!
Aaron chapter 9 . 10/31/2006
I've really enjoyed your Naruto fan fic. I've read several so far, and your's is one of my favorites and I look foreward to reading chapter 10. Are you planing to have Team 8 start the Chuunin Exams? Because in the origional Naruto time line they exam would be comming up soon. Are you planing to have the fights be different or will Naruto fight Kiba again? What ever you decide I'm sure it will be great.

-Aaron
Confucius Lied chapter 9 . 10/31/2006
Wow! Awesome story! I'm really curious to learn how Shino's family will react to his situation, especially since it seems like they'd be a clan who in the very least wouldn't make hasty decisions concerning Naruto, no matter how little real data they were given.

Will they get angry? (Or, as close to angry as an Aburame gets?) Or feel guilty? What'll happen to Shino if they do?

;) I can't wait to find out! Thanks for the great read so far!
Vicarious Pleasure chapter 9 . 10/30/2006
i dont mean to seem rude but about how long does it usually take to update? Cuz i really want to see what happens next...oh well...im sure that having a little pateince will contribute to its arrival...but please do post soon...

-Santa-Demonica
Ed-chan13 chapter 9 . 10/30/2006
this is a wonderfull story and I am looking forward to seeing the relationship between Naruto and Hinata develop even further.
Blob62 chapter 9 . 10/30/2006
awesome fic man, up there in my top 5 :D
Vampwriter chapter 9 . 10/29/2006
It took me a few days, but I've gotten through this. I like it, a lot. Excelent Naruto story all around. It's very cool that the poor boy has found himself new friends, and Kurenai makes for a very good suragate mother. In the past couple months she's nearly undone everything the council has tried to do to Naruto. And having Hinata and Shino in his corner and now Gai and Lee will really help him begin to build his list of friends and allies.

I hope to see the next chapter soon. I'll keep an eye out.

Ja ne,

Vampwriter
Maquillaje chapter 9 . 10/29/2006
Nika (alter ego/side kick): this story is simply too awesome for me to put into words...

Kitty: yuppers! I'm usually a lazy person when it comes to reviews... but I believe Matthew-sama deserves all those 2700 and more reviews...

Nika: I like this story for its sense of realism and indepth descriptions of just about everything. there are way too many quotes that I like... the most recent one that sent me to a fit of laughter was the closing line Shino quoted on Naruto.

Kitty: I have a bit of questions and comments though... I'm not sure if other reviewers have mentioned this but I'll say it anyway... Konohamaru usually calls Naruto "oyabun" (I think... or was that word what Naruto called Gamabunta?... must ponder on that) or Naruto-nii-san. Konohamaru calls Sandaime "ji-ji"... I guess the kid is affection with his grandpa in a real disrespectful way lol...

Nika: how will you add Jiraiya (and Tsunade-hime) if Naruto already perfected the walking-on-water technique? (if you are going to add them that is... but knowing how their encouter is crucial to the basis of the story line...) and if he doesnt train with Jiraiya (which is unlikely), how will the chuunin exams go when Naruto is battling Gaara-sama (cuz hes a cool bastard) if Naruto never summoned Gamabunta.

Kitty: Also more importantly (at least I think so) how will the "Sasuke Retrieval Arc" happen if Naruto isnt connected emotionally to Sasuke?... I seriously doubt Kiba can inflict much chagrin to Sasuke as Naruto ever could... (then again this is my opinion talking) (Besides that fight between Naruto and Sasuke was simply awesome-ness)

Nika: I understand I might be getting a bit ahead of myself with this barage of questions... but they popped into my head when I read the summary of this story.

Kitty: Nevertheless I simply adore this story... there is something about a story that is simply a well written (maybe I'm exaggerating...) piece of art (...I probably am) that is simply highly appealing to me. I especially like the fact that you never fail at updating your stories... most authors I've encoutered never finish their stories or get mysteriously put on hiatus (not that I blame them since people dont have enough time as much as they want to have it. But its very discouraging that a good story might never reach its conclusion)

Nika: At least (predicting this story's updating pattern) that I can expect another exiting chapter of "Team 8" sometime in the next month. I think one month wait in between chapters isnt half bad... others write not even 1/2 of what you write and I have to wait a minimum of 3 months (again I dont blame them)

Kitty: this is one of the best stories I have read (actually number 2 to "Out of the Darkness" for some odd reason I like that story better... maybe is because of Hikaru and Asuka) and before I forget, I know I'm supposed to post any questions on your yahoo group... but to tell you the truth I dont know how (yes, yes pity me why-dontcha...) I wanted to... but I'm simply too lazy to figure it out... I wouldnt mind if you answered my review... but if you dont then its okay... I'll see the story reveal itself as time moves on anyway... but I'm still very very curious though... you're the greatest Matthew-sama... go you!
14,240 | « Prev Page 1 .. 759 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 779 .. Last Next »