Reviews for Team 8
Megaolix chapter 10 . 12/20/2006
Interesting... I wonder how the exams will turn out... Especially since Naruto still doesn't have a spying technique for the first exam.

By the way, what will happen with Haku? I'm sure you didn't make Team 7 capture him for nothing. But I suppose I,ll know in 1 or 2 chapters...

Keep up the good work.
MoonShadow396 chapter 10 . 12/20/2006
i love your story please update soon
RagingDragon04 chapter 6 . 12/19/2006
Awesome story dude keep it up and update soon
Prodigy Keyblade Wielder chapter 10 . 12/19/2006
Very Interesting. I hope there is more NaruHina in the future!

Update soon.
Megii of Mysteri OusStranger chapter 10 . 12/19/2006
This story is incredible! I absolutely adore it! Update when you get the chance, it's magnificent!
ooxshinobixoo chapter 10 . 12/19/2006
o i love it!
Ironwolf chapter 10 . 12/19/2006
Greetings S’TarKan, a long time reader first time reviewer here, but I gush. This is a great story, a few errors concerning some details of the world that not many would notice, but that’s not the point. The point is that while this is an AU that so closely mirrors the canon, there are still quite a few questions that are in the air that have a barring for the story.

Like, what is Kurenai’s and Asuma’s relationship in this story? Has it started? Or does it start after the Chuunin exams? Will there even be one? This, while a very minor plot thread in the canon will have to be addressed here because Kurenai is a principle character this time.

Did Hiashi really commit the act that Kurenai blames on him? Or was it one of those unfortunate coincidences? Because why would the heir of a clan like the Hyuuga need to stoop to the level of lowly assassins when he can simply prove his strength through a ‘training accident?’ Moreover, the seal.

What effects will the training of this Team 8 have on them during the exams? Will Hinata still fall to Neji? That would not seem likely given that this time around Hinata has invested a lot of herself into improving her Taijutsu a lot earlier then the canon, if for nothing else then to spend time with Naruto. Will Naruto still bite it on the first test and have to use the same blind determination to continue no matter what that saved him in the canon? That too does not seem to be the case; the team would have likely come to the solution that the only member on the team without surveillance abilities would be to find a way to relay information to him, unless he has already noticed that special trait of the Kage Bunshins, which it does not appear at the moment.

During the one month training period between the second and third exams will Naruto still be trained by Jiraiya? Likely so since it is an important point in the canon, but will the changes that this team has made to Naruto change the substance of the training so it is more than the summoning jutsu as a means to allow Naruto usage of his inner demon? This also seems likely since a great portion of Naruto’s control issues have been solved by a teacher who actually teaches. So then what will Jiraiya teach Naruto afterwards? Will it be something that would get the boy off his back so he can do his research? Probably, but what about his training sessions with Gai? While I am not certain where will take Lee’s fight in the prelims, given that he had to improve a lot just to keep a head of Naruto, so he might not end up like he did in the canon, but if he fights Gaara then there is almost nothing to be done about it. Keeping in mind Gai and his personal training style, and depending on how fast Naruto learns his main lesion from Jiraiya, will Naruto go through Gate training as a means to avoid using the demon’s chakra?

During the invasion, would Naruto and his team be included in the casing down of Gaara and Sasuke? Which is likely seeing how only Naruto out of the Gennin can even fight Gaara on equal terms, but would Shikamaru still try to be the rear guard? Probably not since that is exactly the mission Naruto has been training for, and besides those Sound-nins were low rank cannon fodder anyway, at best.

Sasuke, there is no way to avoid his desertion of Konoha, not with the easy power that Orochimaru has promised. However, given the changes to the teams would Naruto even be the one to fight him, at least initially? Since Kiba is his team mate and likely the one that Sakura implored to for Sasuke’s return. That may be true, who knows, and it is still going to be a fact that Naruto would still be included since the exams will prove that he now has skills that would make him vital to the mission, so who would he fight?
Kukuracha Jack chapter 4 . 12/19/2006
Concentrate the chakra like a shaped explosive to give it a specific direction, so as not to hit allied genjutsu users.

Chakra pulse as a seal-less combat jutsu: Consider work - force times distance. Decrease the distance, and the amount of force per unit distance increases. The chakra pulse has physical effects. With a limiter on the range, it could be a deadly technique. Also, focusing the entire pulse in a single direction would be like light as a laser - more power, range, and control than normal.

With his abnormal amount of chakra, it may well be that only Naruto would be capable of using the chakra pulse like this - a unique jutsu that can't be copied.

Good story, by the way.
Jedi645 chapter 10 . 12/19/2006
Great story so far. Good luck on the next chapter and update soon.

-Static
Morgan Daratrazanoff chapter 6 . 12/19/2006
Great story, but what is the ano that you are using mean? Ano in a japanese to english dictionary means that over there, but you seem to mean 'but' which is datte. Please tell me what you mean when using ano?
Insane Jounin chapter 10 . 12/18/2006
Wow. This is the best Naruto story I've seen so far; you manage to take the cast, switch them into completely altered position and still keep them with characteristics and development that would make sense in canon, while still straying far enough to make them your own versions. That's pretty amazing. *golf clap* I'll be eagerly waiting for the next chapter.
Mikazuchi chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
Hello S'TarKan, Mikazuchi here. I had heard a lot about your story (and I was seriously shocked when I saw the number of reviews) but now I finally got into reading it.

I've enjoyed reading this first chapter. This is solid, good quality writing, and the characters all seem in-character so far (I know some people are nitpicky about OOC, but I'm usually not... different circumstances can bring out different responses in individuals, but you already know that, don't you). I can't really see any way to criticize.

That was actually a good idea on Kurenai's part to have the team less specialized. Throwing Naruto into the mix would definitely make them more well rounded, and give them the ability to escape... but I have a gut feeling that 'escape' isn't always gonna be the option. Whenever that situation arises, I hope Naruto'll be ready to show everyone what he's made of!

I'm looking forward to reading more of your story, to watch Naruto's growth in a totally different Team, challenges and struggles he may face, and the fostering friendship between him and Hinata.

It's been a pleasure, and looking forward to reading more~

-Mikazuchi
battousai222 chapter 10 . 12/17/2006
Well good chapter I loke this story and you are doing a great job. Keep up the great work.
Marz1 chapter 5 . 12/17/2006
"Do not seek the path of false glory, Lee!" This story has great balance. You do a great job of breaking up the dramatic scenes with some comedy so the story doesn't get all bogged down and depressing. I've only read the manga up to compelation 12, but are Neji and Hiashi so mean to Hinata because they blame her for her uncle's death? Does she get put in the cadet branch if Hanabi is made the Heir instead of her? (I wanted to ask this in my review of chapter 10 but I forgot.) Are they (team 8) going to run into Haku before the chuunin (I probably spelled that wrong) exams? So many questions left unanswered! Please update soon!
MobMentality chapter 10 . 12/16/2006
Just writing to congratulate you on the excellent story. Your fic is easily one of the best I've ever read, and the quality of writing is superb. I especially liked the comparison Shino made between the Aburame clan and naruto. I assume from all the talk of explosions that you intend to have Naruto learn Bakuretsu Kage Bunshin, but if you aren't already then I suggest you do. I never understood why he still hasn't learnt the technique in cannon, since it obviously compliments his fighing style.
14,669 | « Prev Page 1 .. 760 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 780 .. Last Next »