Reviews for Team 8
The Shepherd's Staff chapter 9 . 10/13/2006
this story kicks ass

*insert obvious fight/fluff scene reference here*

thank you for not making cliff hangers that make people want to stangle you with your intestines
Cyberwing chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
SHINO IS SO COOL!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE CONFRONTATION!
KyleTheFanficReader chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
This story is really good. Very well written. The character interaction and internal dialog is superb. I like how the characters are developing and I want to see how the issues that have been brought up develop further, such as Shino's and Hinata's clan lives. Also, the developing relationship between Hinata and Naruto is done wonderfully, none of the childish out of the blue- Naruto: (deep voice) "Hinata, I've always loved you." Hinata: "Oh, Naruto kun" - immediate satisfaction without any filling (resolution without climax or conflict) stuff that seems to pop up in a lot of Naruto fanfiction. What would be really interesting is if there is even another event that draws team 8 closer together, another conflict that forces them to rely on each other even further to reinforce the growing bonds.

To say that I'm looking forward to the next chapter is a gross understatement.

Kyle has given you his blessing for what it's worth, and it's worth something.
Drac-frst chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
Hey! Great story. I was going to encourage you to get the updates out faster (as it would help my remembering to read and check for updates, since I have a full schedule as well), but I guess I won't, considering your last bit there. While I'm not going to give you ideas for the future (as I'd rather read your ideas than my own and its kind of presumptuous to assume you'd take them anyway, especially when you're not asking for them.) .. anyway, yeah, so while I'm not going to do that, I will say I really like what you've done with team 8. You've made them all very nicely three-dimensional and made the story overall spectacular. I also love the slowly blooming relationship between Hinata and Naruto, the.. interesting tack taken with the Kyuubi and it's power (and that you didn't make him talk. .. it always gets so much more confusing and complicated when Naruto has to make deals with the Kyuubi or communicate with it.), and the idea of multiple colonies for the Aburame clan. The last one in particular, while not central to the story, actually creates a way for someone who is almost totally dependent on insects for fighting to be able to grow stronger. .. one last appraisal, I like how you've given additional facts to things to make them interesting and the story more life-like, like the name of Shino's mother's style (mantis), and the pseudo-titles of the missing-nin. (the anvil and.. the flame, was it?) .. anyway, great story, loving the details, and keep up the good work!

_ - Drac
tifa172004 chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
I like the way this story is going, i especially like naruto-hinata parings! You develope the characters well and dont assume the readers know about them already, you also explain the battles and techniques well, good job!
asfdwervr chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
Great story cant wait for an update!
Xeno-Freak chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
I have read up to chap nine on this… and I have to say. I am deeply, deeply impressed. This has to be one of the finest Naruto AU’s I have ever had the joy of reading. The detail and subplots are believable and intriguing. The attention to detail inspiring (the little explanations and side histories of said details only drawing readers in further I might add). I know I am new to the writing game, but I humbly offer whatever services I can in the making of this excellent peace of literary artwork. (Although requesting my skills as a beta is ill advised, my own fics are constantly being hounded on for my pore skills in the typed word) The single complaint I could ever bestow on this fic is that Shino seems a tiny bit out of character… then again that is largely because the bug users character is barely explored, and as such is sorely a matter of opinion. I will not request you to speed up your time table as your other fanfics’ deserve equal praise and you of corse have a life outside of the computer.

Once more thank you for your submitting of this peace of fanfiction, I believe I speak many aside from myself when I say that it’s one of the better Naruto fics out there. I know I will not be the only one with it in my favorites file.

Until next time, Xeno-Freak.
Shinobi no Ryu chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
I've been a loyal fan of your story for a while now, and I have to ask, are you a professinal writer or a pshyicatriac doctor? I ask this because of the indepth of which you take the characters to, the way you have developed the characters, and keeping them in the "boundry" of thier actual characters. (In other words thier not outright OOC.) And I have to say, I love your command of the English language. Especially when the Aburame clan talks amongst themselves, it makes me feel smart just being able to fully understand everyword they say! I'm not here to complain about your updating speed either. Stories like this are pieces of art, and should be treated as such. And I have to say, yours is a one of a kind. In fact there is only one thing I can think about when I think of your story...

YOSH! THE FIRE OF YOUTH BURNS DEEPLY WITHIN IT!
goliathm chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
OMG! This might be the best chapter to ANY story I've read in a long time!

I think Rock Lee might be in shock. With the way he thinks, I'm willing to bet he might relate the Kyuubi to a sort of bloodline trait, which would probably make Lee think of Naruto as some sort of "natural" genius. Will you be making thier rivalry a little more intense, maybe?

Shino...screaming himself hoarse and burning the house down... wow... scary imagery. I wonder what's going to go down with him and the Aburame elders? What would he get involved in that would make Kurenai want him to be "circumspect"? Very subtle, I like.

Kurenai's little mental attack on the Sandaime was pretty mean; and funny.;)

Naruto smoothing Hinata's hair...cute, but not even a hint of her P.O.V. is just a wasted opportunity.

PLEASE study some psychology textbooks before writing an Ibiki scene (trust me, it's gonna help).

PLEASE don't make this an "everybody excepts Naruto" story. There has got to be a few main characters who are freaked out by the idea of THE demon fox in one of thier former class-mates. Speaking of the "rookie nine", where are they? They don't need to have a major role in the story, but a cameo appearance here and there would be cool.

I loved the team-bonding seen, is this a precursor to the revealing of Kurenai's past?

I WANNA SEE ANKO-CHAN, PLEASEPLEASEPRETTYPLEASE!

Well; thats all, please update soon!

PEACE!
lunarflames chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
very nicely done. You've been in my favorites for a while now and I enjoy watching the stories i like as they grow. It's a good story to pass the time with, and good stories motivate lazy authors to continue with their stories too :)
Ben chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
You, are great. Just when I think I'm improving with my writing, people like YOU come out of nowhere and hit me with a metaphorical bat. I hope you're happy.

Because you really should be.

Honestly, this isn't the first fic I've read about good 'ol 'Ruto getting stuck on another team. However, you've written a series of events that were just as entertaining, if not more so, then the anime itself. You've also stayed true to Naruto's character, while not making him appear three steps away from retarded as some do. And I'm happy you haven't tried to use that thing where he's really a super genius who's trying to hide it. That, is not Naruto. And then Hinata's personality fits very well with somebody who's had the psychological crap kicked out of them. I'm enjoying watching her slowly being built up, and I'm looking forward to seeing when she's fortified enough to stand the abuse she recieves from her family. I am especially impressed with Shino's character, most of all. It may be fasination with a character that isn't develved into to such an extent. However, I still like most of all how he's warmed to his teammates. He isn't getting all touchy-feely out of nowhere, now that he knows Naruto and Hinata on a personal level, but at the same time he's not turning into a cold bastard who doesn't aknowledge attachment unless faced with an extreme situation (Sasuke anyone?). He expresses himself in every possible way in a manner that can only be 'Shino'. Keep up the good work, please, because I notice a hellish gap in update, and when I've posted this. I enjoy being inspired, really I do.

Drop me a line if you feel like talking about it more.
Malific chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
A very well created story. Professional level material.

As you stated your Naruto is not the one we all know. but then given the differing circumstances, and your excellent development I feel this doesn't create an OOC situation.

I'll defintely be waiting for new chapters with much anticipation.
Lady Onuk chapter 2 . 10/12/2006
I have finished reading chapter 2 and, against my habit, will have to stop here and review. I just can't really contain this necessity to express how utterly amazed I am at this fic.

I approached it expecting to pass a couple of hours and then move to something else, but once I got to the end of the first chaper I can asure you I was hooked. Badly hooked.

The premise is fairly easy. Naruto being given other kind of interaction in a team that might respect him more than the one he currently is (or was). But the way you have managed to make the characters interact, while keeping them in-character in a divergence fic (something hard on itself), makes me wonder why Kishimoto didn't take this option in the begining.

Also something I applaud is the research you have done for it. It is not only enjoyable but also shows dedication and, utterly, care for your work (and respect for your readers). Kudos there!

Lastly, the psicological features going around are deep enough to make you beleive in them and light enough to be understandable to the average reader.

I suppose what I am trying to tell is that what you have written is so well balanced and enjoyable that I have to kick myself for never noticing this before.

Let me bow deeply at your writting abilities and congratulate you in a work excelent done.

Ok, now I will shut up, I still have more 7 chapters that demand to be read (oh! the HAPINESS! XD)

Good luck and congratulations for such a great work!
Gundum M chapter 9 . 10/12/2006
i'm still likeing it. I'm hopeing you update soon. You haven't mention team 7 since the restaunt incident have you? What happen to them?
In reply to Masau chapter 5 . 10/12/2006
Actually, the fact that Kurenai knows who Ibiki is should be a hint as to the AU divergence point. (Remember in an earlier chapter where she thinks about an investigation that should have happened? {Perhaps Ibiki might have been peripherally involved...)
14,239 | « Prev Page 1 .. 764 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 784 .. Last Next »