Reviews for Team 8
bgtea chapter 9 . 11/25/2006
I'm always impressed with the quality of each chapter in this fic. Personally, I'm glad you are taking your time to write each chapter rather than mindlessly churning out parts like a lot of authors do. Quality is better than quantity as they say.

Thanks for the good read!
Adran06 chapter 9 . 11/24/2006
I just wanted to say this is an AWESOME story. One of the better Naruto stories out there. I can hardly wait to see more awesome NaruHina fluff _ They are my favorite couple!

One comment I would like to make though. In one of the earlier chapters you had Naruto having trouble performing Water Walking because of the Kyuubi's chakra/youki(i would rather refer to it as youki as that is what it is, but they call it chakra on tv, so i dont know what to call it most of the time), but the reason he had that problem originally was because the Seal had been disrupted by the odd numbered seal placed on top of his even numbered seal that keeps the Kyuubi locked up. Granted, he DOES have horrible control at first, and as I think about it, that could possibly have been happening to a lesser extend when he first started the Tree Climbing exercise in the show, I still dont think it would have been too bad, he did manage to get it going right on his own. I'm not saying that it couldnt have happened the way you did, which seems more for the sake of plot, but it is still different than how it happened on the show. just wanted to point that out.

besides that, i think Naruto training with weights and learning proper taijutsu from Gai and Lee will make him able to kick Sasuke's BUTT, and hard too! Unless Sasuke is getting speed training already, he wont stand a chance against Naruto in the Chuunin Exam in a fight, which I definately hope to see, cause on the same team or not, those two are destined to try and kick eachother's butts every time they see eachother, unless they are working together for something.

Also, I wanted to know if you plan to update this story soon. I can hardly wait to see what happens next. Will Hinata learn some super-cool butt-kicking move soon and finally show Neji, Hiashi-teme, and Hanabi-gaki that she is strong enough to kick their butts? Will Naruto learn to communicate with the Kyuubi and forge their "contract" they had in the show of "Chakra/youki for rent"? I can hardly wait to find out!
g-b610 chapter 9 . 11/23/2006
This is such a wonderful story. The growth naruto is showing is both realistic and great to see.
Miss Apollo chapter 9 . 11/22/2006
this story is amazing. i just found it and couldnt leave the computer while reading it. i really hope u update soon, and according to u starting this in january and having the 9th chapter by october, the next update should follow ur about monthly updating rate! meaning that i shouldnt have to wait long for ur update hopefully! that doesnt mean im mad at u for not updating sooner at all btw, as ur a/n pointed out refering to other reviewers! on the contrary, im so glad u wrote so long chapters in only a month each. each chapter is like a story itself! thats so great! this is defenitely goin on my favorites and story alert list. i cant wait to see ur profile either to see what other great stories u wrote! sorry this review is so long, but this is just one of the best naruto stories ive ever read. im sure uve heard this before, but uve totally changed my view on naruto now! anyways, update when ya can and keep this fantastic fic goin!
Jetsmillion chapter 9 . 11/21/2006
I finally found your update! Keep up the good work.
Tobmaster chapter 9 . 11/21/2006
I can see you have a huge following with this story after it being up for lees than a year... Your story was well written, with plenty of characterization (I love the use of 'exuberant' words by Shino) My only negative I have is that for nearly a year of writing, the story really hasn't progressed very much... I am not a writer, nor can I even think of writing to that level(and I know you have other projects and a life to worry about as well), so that really isn't a problem. I will definately look forward to the next Chapter you put out... Later
ace-grafiker chapter 9 . 11/21/2006
cool! That's the best fiction in naruto i have ever read! (Pleaze update)You're better in writing like that. It made me impressed with it about acceptance and how they did good works and also friendship and some more u know! So, don't abandon it. Keep working! (gives u thumbs up)
Rubel chapter 9 . 11/20/2006
Awesome! This is a great story. I can't wait to see what happens next. Will Team 7 ever come back from Wave? I notice they haven't been mentioned in a while though that might just be me not realizing how much time is passing in the story. I like Shino's inadvertant dig at Sasuke and Sakura's observational skills. Is Naruto the 4th Hokage's son? If so how will the village react when they find out. Or do the elders already know? Anyways keep up the great work.
LordSJP chapter 9 . 11/20/2006
great story! keep it up
Jho chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
i like this concept :]
30CK chapter 9 . 11/19/2006
This story has the longest chapters I have ever seen.

And it's the best fricking story on that I have been able to find thus far.

I haven't read your Potter fic yet, but I look forward to it.

A friend coughNGDOMEGAcough reccomened this to me, and I couldn't be happier. 11 out of 10. Beautiful story, excellent work with the characters. Keeping with the flow of the series. Great idea for a story. Good romance between Hinata and Naruto (who I think are both kick-ass), and Hinata's sister is a bitch.

YOU ROCK!
rfknives chapter 9 . 11/18/2006
Found your fic in a Favorite Stories list. Well placed. :)

Its F-ing awesome! best Naruto fic I have ever read! Definitely a favorite for me as well!

I hope to read a lot more of it! Every line of the story begs for more

Again, excellent work
Yuen chapter 9 . 11/18/2006
This fic is a masterpiece. It is the best fic I've ever read, and one of the best stories I've ever read including published novels. I was just re-reading the first few chapters, figuring out how to put my absolute adoration for this fic into words, when it hit me that one of the reasons that this fic is so successful is because of your beautiful, fluid control of the story. You have direction and you know exactly what you are doing. Perfect, watertight control.

I love this story to bits. Logically (as Shino is fond of saying XD) I shouldn't, because a) I love Kakashi b) I love Team 7 c) I love yaoi/shonen and I have no interest whatsoever in het pairings, especially Naruto/Hinata. It was a major stroke of luck that you didn't put the pairing in your summary or I would have been discouraged to try it. Nevertheless, I was impressed and curious at the number of reviews you got (congrats btw) and resolved to try it. Midway into the first chapter I was thinking : Kurenai? Is that NARUHINA? Oh god maybe I should leave and find something else... But something, maybe the way the story just flowed, made me stick, and by Chapter 2, I was totally hooked.

Kurenai, Shino, Hinata. I thought they were boring characters. I never paid much attention to any of them. But you... It's almost like magic, the way you take flat, cardboard sketches and transfigure them into living, breathing humans. You colour them in while keeping strictly to the original lines. You are doing the exact opposite of OOC, you are making them even more IN CHARACTER than the original canon! What I mean is, you take their personality traits as shown in the manga, and then give them so much depth it's breathtaking! Yes, depth is exactly the word to describe your characterizations. It's like the original Shino or Hinata was a pond, and you came along, waved a wand, and turned that pond into a deep blue ocean! Heck, I think I could fall in love with your Hinata or Shino!

And, btw, awesome job with Naruto. It's always hard to write about popular characters because so many people have already written about them and it's damn hard to give a fresh angle to an already well-worn character. But here... Your Naruto is very canon, extremely in-character, but you never make his characterisation seem old, or boring. You give him new life, you know? I think this is a perfect example of how character development should be. In the very beginning, he was just plain old Naruto but as the story progressed with Kurenai-sensei as a catalyst he became kinda, different. More thoughtful, 'less defensive' as you put it, and all. I think this is a new side of Naruto that could have come out in the manga only the mangaka didn't choose to explore it. I love your Naruto. He's the same Naruto we all love, just slightly more vibrant and vivid in terms of character.

Here, I would like to mention something in your story that is lacking in many other fics: Maturity. Logic. Rationality. Mature, most of all. Your fic is very mature, but I can't pinpoint why exactly is this so. I suppose because the entire fic is spilling maturity. It's so polished. I think maybe it's because of the methodical and detailed way you go into your character's thoughts and feelings. Very logical, very rational, very mature. Have I mentioned how I love the way you do your characters? Their thoughts, their feelings, their actions, progressing slowly but surely, developing in a very... natural and fluid way. By this I mean that you make your characters feel real. Yep. For example, Shino at first thought Naruto was an idiot but slowly his evaluation of him changed due to various events and circumstances. This process is gradual, which I like,

and you make it very natural, congruent with his personality, inevitable that Shino should change that way because he is Shino. 'And we did not run screaming.' Beautiful. That sentence was amazingly beautiful. Makes me love Shino-chan even more. Heh~ XD Yeah. Natural. Real. Authentic. This is the way your characters feel. There are countless other examples, all separate threads woven into one magnificent tapestry. Really very tightly woven, your story. Perfect.

Romance. Your way of developing the Naruto/Hinata relationship fits exactly my ideal of how romance stories should be treated! Not one flaw in your treatment of NaruHina! Not a single one! My god, it's like the romance story of my dreams come true, only it's het! All my writing life I have been yearning to do a romance story like that and POOF suddenly here you are with exactly the kind of thing I've been aspiring to write forever. 'Slowly, gently, night unfolds its splendour' describes aptly this ideal. You don't rush them suddenly into romance like Naruto waking up some fine morning and saying Hey Hinata's kinda cute I wanna be her boyfriend kind of thing. Instead, you guide them gently through various events, carefully developing their feelings, making it all as natural as a forest and then... oh my god, Hinata! Hinata's feelings toward Naruto! And the development of them! OH MY GOD is the only way to describe my feelings. I love the way at first you make Hinata like the outer appearance of Naruto (namely his enthusiasm and exuberance) a sort of idol worship, very natural, very common for girls her age, then you put them together, make them experience some challenges and hardships together, make her start to understand Naruto truly, and then when Naruto reveals his secrets (both Kyuubi and the side of him that is vulnerable), she doesn't respond the way a perfect Hinata would respond but she still feels fear and other negative emotions (liek: It's all a mask? KYUUBI! AH) but in the end she still loves him anyway, despite seeing his flaws. Damn it you're too good with this! This reaction is more real and sincere than it would be if she didn't feel anything at all! You have converted me into a NaruHina fan! Only for your story though. Now I truly believe that pairings, characters, and background are only trappings to a story, much like the body is only like a piece of clothing to the soul. What makes a story a STORY is not those cosmetic things, but the writer's skill. *pause for a sec logical reviewing and let me get some of my feelings out* YOU ARE A GOD IN FFNET I LOVE YOU AND WORSHIP YOU FOR THIS DIVINE STORY!

There was one scene in this fic where I couldn't stop screaming in the back of my mind: 'This is the best fic I've ever read! This is the best fic I've ever read! This is the best fic I've ever read!' Well, there were quite a few scenes where I did that but this particular scene I'm referring too is the scene where Kurenai had Team 8 come up with strategies to various situations. I totally LOVED how you described Team 8 working together, like Naruto putting strategies together from scratch, Shino fine-tuning things with his logic, and Hinata providing details and facts and things like that. By that scene I was totally convinced that this Team 8 was much better then *blasphemous thoughts!* Team 7 of canon. I really like how you describe how they work together and how they compliment each other and how they use their strong points together. Which means I really enjoyed their missions and the part where they felled the jounin by themselves. It just gives me a thrill to see them working together, and I hope in future missions you focus on that aspect of their relationship, team work. And although currently you are focusing on the Naru/Hina relationship, I would like to see you developing more the Shino/Naruto, Shino/Hinata, and Naruto/Lee friendships. If you think it wouldn't make the story less focused. Heh. But I see promising signs of that happening already! Heh~ Shino's become more protective of Naruto (see how angry he was!) and Naruto doesn't think Lee's that weird anymore. Good. Mention here again that I really LOVE the way you slowly develop characters. The gradual pace makes it really believable, and when you develop multiple characters at the same time AND develop the relationships between them through subtle interaction... well, need I mentions the tapestry thing again? XDD

Anyway,I want to say I savoured every single word of your lovingly crafted fic. Normally I skip the fight scenes and the longer descriptions in a story but not for your fic. Your fic gives me a feeling that every sentence is carefully construced, every thought, look, and action planned out, every word used economically... I love it. I love the fight scenes. I love the missions. I love how you can change from humour, to angst, to action, to contemplative thoughts so fluidly, and btw... your humour. It's really good humour. XD I laughed out loud at the Gai and Lee scenes! Gai's so KAWAII~!

Well, I have an really important exam tommorow and my dad's chewing me out for being on the computer! I really, really love your fic! Make a new chapter soon! *Just encouraging, not pushing, really!* Ganbatte! I LOVE YOU!
N8 chapter 9 . 11/18/2006
awesome story!

great unique character development.

Cant wait till the next one!
Serpentia chapter 9 . 11/18/2006
I love this story. Your writing style is detailed but never tedious. I Get all the information I need and am never left asking "Wait, what?" Good show.
14,453 | « Prev Page 1 .. 769 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 789 .. Last Next »