Reviews for Team 8
mdizzle chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
I'm sorry about bugging you about the whole Chunin Exams things. I must have been quite the pest. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned you can take your time with this because anything you crank out will certainly be worth the wait. I couldn't help but smile when you wrote that Shino was humbled about how Naruto keeps carrying on despite everything. That was a very nice touch.
Fluffy chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
I LOVE THAT SAYING...beautiful, and so Naruto. "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it." Absolutely wonderful.

Good chapter, i can hardly wait for the next one. Kudos to you and keep 'em comin' strong!
Justagirlcalledbob chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
yay! plz update
Ikabi chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
Coming home and finding that this story was updated made the whole week's worth of stress, drama, work and other crap seem insignificant. *loves*
Gai-sensei chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
Yosh!

To see even Shino can bring forth the fires of youth is a truly joyfull occasion. I eargely await the further adventures of my comrade Kurenai and her young team.
KCKitsune chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
Matthew, thank you for updating this story. Now what I would like to see is Hinata taking on Hanabi and thinking: "I'm losing and if I lose again father will be angry." At this point she remembers that she is wearing her weights... and drops them! Hanabi grease smear... ah what a great picture!
hidingdusk chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
I love your story, I never mind waiting for a new chapter 'cause taking your time and writing it well is better them pouring out lots of crappy ones lol. Just wanted to tell you how much I look foward to seeing new chapters and seeing the progress of your story. I think you really get the characters across well. Anyway, keep up the awesome work!
Jarnan chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
Yet again, you have come out with another amazing chapter in a great Naruto fanfiction. Personally, I love the 'new team' idea with Naruto, because although Naruto turns out alright in the anime, his team hinders his progress, while new teams, like that of Hinata and Shino, are much better for his personality. Thank you again!
telosphilos chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
I'm sorry you have been receiving the more annoying variety of reviews on this server. I'm afraid they are a plague on and several other story databases.

I like the thought you put into each chapter. I, and I'm sure many other of your readers, know that takes a good bit of time to add in. Garbage in garbage out. If the amount of thought the writer puts in is nothing but garbage, the story will be too. I've noticed that this story crops up again and again on people's favorites lists. I think you should be proud of the influence you have generated within the fandom. (However; if you get a big head about it, I'll find a nice sized pin to prick the extra air out. ;) )

I look forward to reading the next chapter.
Anerwyn chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
I can safely say that this chapter was worth the wait. I found it well thought out and highly entertaining. Congratulations on another chapter well done. I do look forward to the next update, greatly. I also hope youdo finda publisher for your books in the very near future, as your writing is one of the few I have found that should be published. I can see this as the actual canon over the current canon. Again thank you for a good and well thought out chapter.
Silenius chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
Excellent chapter. I especially loved reading Shino's conversation with his father. So absolutely...well, logical. I can tell that an author is certainly talented (as well as educated) when they can accurately create such a calculated and in-character situation. Shino tends to be a character that people sometimes have trouble portraying accurately, but you do a very good job at it. Kudos.

The relationship between Naruto and Hinata seems to be developing well. I especially like the slow pace you are keeping when it comes to that. Stories that haphazardly jump into an swift relationship between the two are often difficult to read. I do have my fears, however, that Hinata's development will continue to be one step forward and two steps back, mainly due to the actions of Hanabi and Hiashi. Like I said in my last review: "...feed both of them big pieces of humble pie."

I enjoyed it that Lee did not see Naruto in a negative light after the jinchuuriki's re-telling of his story. Further development of a friendship between the two, rather than just a sparring-partnership, would be one thing I would like to see in later chapters. Along with this, I am once more curious as to how the Chuunin Exams will be handled. With Naruto, Hinata, Shino, and Lee all benefitting from the alternative team assignment, it leaves me wondering whether or not you will manipulate some factors in the testing. Perhaps a discussion at Viridian Dreams, is in order...

One more thing. Your back-story for Kurenai is worthy of merit. I can't stress it enough, but you seem to have a knack for creating and developing ideas that others would otherwise have enormous trouble with.

Well, I suppose that's all I have to type about, for now. Looking forward to your next update. Keep up the good work!

~Silenius~
Zephyrus-Prime chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
Yay! YOu finally updated! It was nice to be able to sit down and read a bit of your fic again. Of course, I don't know why everybody gets so bent out of shape when authos don't update as often as they would like. It's plain common sense- the more you irritate the autthor, the less likely he/she is going to update. Myself, I prefer the tried and true method of praising the author for his hard work. It makes for a more timely update, I find.

You won't find me bitching everytime you take more than a month to update. A little grumble every now and then will suffice.

Anyways, excellent chapter and I eagerly await the next installment.
Sigfried27 chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
I understand how you feel about people demanding updates. Do they really think that demanding an update is going to make you update faster? You update when you can, and that's all that we can ask for. Anyways, I have been reading this story for a while, and it's detail and depth make it an interesting story, and the only Naru/Hina story that I am willing to read at the moment. Anyways, I don't really notice any problems that I feel a need to critique on, so I'll wrap this up. Best of luck to you and update when you are able and willing.
S.Stryker chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
I like the way you capture Shino's character.
Alex chapter 9 . 10/7/2006
This is presently my favorite Naruto fanfic, and in the top 10 of all fanfics. I enjoy the concept, and how the characters are portrayed and grow. While I often check up on it to see if you have added a new chapter, I would rather you continue to write with the quality and thoughtfulness you have done so far. As for those who are unable to understand that this is not your job or duty, I have only one thing to remind you...People are stupid (especially in large groups or when allowed to remain annonymous). Please continue to write as you have. I look forward to reading further into your world as you feel it is ready to be read.

Alex