Reviews for Team 8
The Violent Tomboy chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Alright! Kinda surprising how Shino stood up for Naruto, and I like how Team 7 came bacvk, admn, you made Tazuna die! No! More importantly, YAY! HAKU LIVES!
Nibbles the Chicken chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Yatta! An Update! Wahoo!

Great Chapter!
Justagirlcalledbob chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
YAY! omg go naruto! shino did the right thing! PELASE UPDATE!
albert87 chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
very good story keep it up!
Lachwen chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Oh! Haku! Is he gonna be allright? I hope they aren't gonna torture him or anything - maybe Naruto can help him? T_T I've always liked Haku.

I really like how you show what differences personalities make to each mission. XD Great job! SO happy about the new chappie! XD
Quantum Cat chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Great chapter, but there is a small thing that I would like to know. What is going on with Team 10? There has been some interaction with Team 7 but I can't seem to recall Team 10 conversing or doing anything with Team 8.

Tazuna died eh? Interesting way to make their mission end.
peppymint chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Go Naruto! And won't Neiji be suprised when he fights Hinita. She is not a weakling and it is time he learned that
Scrabble and Dice chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Every chpater continues to amzae and I am always more than giddy with excitement when I find that there is an update of this.

I understand how much a support and a sensei who DOES pay attention and has the TIME to pay attention and TEACH can change Uzumaki Naruto from how we orginally know of him.

Iruka and Kurenai's joint effort for Naruto's sake is admirable and very pleasing. Having this mentioned again at length, means it is a constant occurrence unlike others who mention such things in pasing. We are all then made aware of efforts done behind (if you could consider it that) Naruto's back for his welfare. This is one of the reasons why this fic stands out. You are actually being given a front seat of how it is managed and how justice is beginning to play its part. And we are thankful to Kurenai for that.

Hinata's confidence in her self and her decisions are beginning to show, even if it can be minimal to us but considering ti IS Hinata, it would be like a big leap. She can now make decisions outside of the Hyuuga's interests and stand by it. Such show of independence is good. After all, expectations can be stressful that it can put you down, sometimes some of the best way to deal with it is to either ignore or remove the cause or divert one's attention to other things. Also it could prove and would would very useful in the end and may bring about approval of the clan parties in the long run. Would it not?

Kurenai's constant attention to her team is commendable. Her checking her genins' pack over is the right thing to do. It shows how much she cares for their wellbeing as well as at the same time continues to teach them of causes and effects of certain actions. This approach is very effective especially for one such as Naruto.

Shino is indeed a very logical person. It is good to have one such as him for an ally. Though I'd say his let say his attitude is improving. His deduction of such deception and the participation of his clan to such injustice shows much of how well balanced his knowledge of what is right and what is wrong. It is good to know such independent thought exist in a clan. His actiosn towards the matter will greatly help Kurenai's "personal" mission that I am more than glad that she took.

I have always had much respect for Iruka. Very few people are like that. Their optimistic attitude is their strength as well as their fault. However, those who had been blessed with such a person in their life will do much to keep them safe. It is very very nice to read abotu his contnues support for Naruto.

Kurenai and Shino's deductions regarding the Council will soon come to light. I do love how well you could give us that view into society even ones that most normal perople are not privy to. It is also one of the best place to find deceptions, fraud, corruptions and the like. Power does that. And power always conflict.

With Tazuna's death there is always a question of, did the Wave people learn a lesson, inspired even? I guess they will be but not to the same extent as what we know if Naruto had there.

Haku's existence in Konohagakure will be quite another turning point. I look forward to his and Naruto's meeting. Haku is an ally waiting to happen (?). All that is needed is the right time and right person.

I appreciated reading about Kakashi's feathers getting ruffled. It amuses me.

I like how Naruto has changed or rather how Naruto acts now and thinks as well. Proper is what we can call it. Kurenai's doing.

I am giving Hiashi the benefit of the doubt since I think he's not all that evil just a bit sad, lonely, biased, prideful... and a few other adjectives that I am findign hard to recall at this early time of day.

This side of Gai si good. It is understandable that he knows abotu jyuuken, having one jyuuken user in his team. ( I must say that I am not very fond of Tenten as a fan girl or having any interest with the opposite as of yet. She, along with Temari are what I would like to see as true Kunoichis in the making, although I must admit that thye already that.) His instructions to Hinata will prove very valuable in the near future.

I do wonder when Ibiki will come into the circle. His words of wisdom are words of wisdom indeed.

I look forward to reading more of your work.
Skelethin chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
First off, I want to say good job with actually thinking about how the village deals with Naruto. Most fics have the village just hate, and attack Naruto regularly, and yell things like demon all the time. Most don't bother adding something like a conspiracy setup against him that is that indepth.

Good call on Naruto not bragging up his dangerous mission. The persona that Naruto has in this story flows with him not bragging to Sasuke, especially when he is in the state he would be in from returning from wave. Makes sense the results of the Wave mission. one question on it though, did they bring back Zabuza's sword, or not?

Overall, I would like to congratulate you on actually thinking through the background of the characters, and how everyone would react/change based on some of the things you set up differently. Few authors on this site bother to make sure that the background information matches well. I guess I have noticed this more since I, myself, have started a story that is highly reliant on timelines given, and use basic logic and such to fill in obvious holes. I have recently been pondering this, with disappointment. Glad to see I am not the only one who cares.

good luck with you story, and till next time.

~Z
Gryphon Turboclaw chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
You know, I kind of expected the "Great Aburame Clan Showdown" to go a lot like this, and I'm admittedly glad to be right. It sounds like Naruto's about to gain some new friends in high places, thanks to Shino.

Note to Neji(and everyone else within a 10-mile radius of Konoha): Beware of drunken Rock Lee, as he is capable of inflicting near-Kyuubi-level devastation without nearly as much sheer power(or sheer malevolence, for that matter).

I also have to admit to being intensely curious as to how you're going handle the Forest of Death and the matches immediately afterward. Will it be Team 7 or 8 that runs into the Sand Team(in the original, it was Akamaru that led Team 8 to Gaara & co.)? Will Naruto have that unpleasent run-in with Orochimaru that left the boy's chakra control crippled until Jiraiya undid the Snake Sannin's Five-Pronged Seal, and how would his teammates fare in it? How much of an effect will Team 8's training have on their matches? If this weren't interesting enough *before*, it certainly is now. (grins)
Lady Light chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Go Team 8!
Shun One chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
A nice chapter this one is.

The conspiracies against Naruto give this story an air of mystery that keeps me reading to find the truth behind it. It's executed in such a way that one would mistake it for being in the actual canon story line. An impressive touch it is.

Naruto and Hinata's visit to Iruka was unexpected, but only because I had almost disregarded Iruka entirely. A welcome change to see how the two of the reacted to seeing him in good health.

Hinata standing up to her father (in advertly at least) shows interesting development in her character. It makes her seem stronger than she was in the actual canon at this point, pleasantly so in fact.

Shino is awesome. Yes, I will say more than that, but the way Shino is portrayed in this fic is absolutely awesome. The manner in which he dealt with the Aburame's was an interesting segment to read. Shino was so in character and thing's flowed so naturally that the secen oozed excellebnce.

The scenes involving Team's Gai and 7 are interesting sub-plots in them-selves. They give an air that the other character's are still acting on their own despite that the focus is on Team 8. The way Team 7's mission turned out is definetly interesting. Haku being captured by the Leaf is a most intersting scenario.

Lee's first drunken excursion was well appreciated. It was portrayed in quite a show, and the action within flowed smoothly. Gai's training method's to help his students give him a bit more character as opposed to what's shown in the series; it makes him a more pleasant character to have around.

This is an all around excellent chapter. I'm looking forward to the next chapter greatly.
The Gemini Project chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Yet another excellent chapter. I am really looking forward to how you handle the chuunin exams. With the additional training regimen that both Hinata and Naruto are undergoing and Shino's natural ability, I believe that there might be some differences as for how well each person on team eight will do.

I also really like how you have been attacking political matters in your chapters. Your description of Shino's behavior towards the elders of his clan was excellently written and portrayed.

Also, for how you handled the incident in Wave Country, I find myself very satisfied with the events that apparently unfolded. Though Tazuna's death struck a chord, I guess it was to be expected that something wrong was going to occur without the influence of Kyuubified Naruto. So in summary, this was a very satisfying chapter, for you attacked all of the matters that seemed to have been left up in the air from the last chapter. And now, I look forward to your next chapter. And since it appears as though taking your time with your chapters unveils a great deal of impressive material, I will await the next chapter, for however long it might take. Until then. Ja ne!

~ The Gemini Project
Silver Warrior chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
now that...was cool. Shino threatening to leave the Aburame clan over Naruto's treament, wow. It sucks that Tazuna died. And that was awesome, the introduction of Lee's abilities in the Suiken. Dude's a behemoth in that state. It's frankly a miracle Kimimaro was able to best him. and the conspiracy against Naruto is slowly but surely being rooted out. Though I have a feeling it'll be the old hag and not the old man who'll destroy it. I feel though that the conspiracy is originating from Hiashi, the old bastard. And I LOVE the slight teasing naruto gave Iruka over Kurenai. It cracked me up.
Hitomi No Ryu chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
...AWESOME! Your fics are SO worth the wait!

Can't wait for the next chapter!
14,621 | « Prev Page 1 .. 775 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 795 .. Last Next »