Reviews for Harry Potter and the Joining of Destinies
nljfs chapter 16 . 4/30
Just wanted to say that I enjoyed this story very much. Thanks for writing it. I'm sorry that there's no sequel, though.
Astronauts chapter 3 . 12/10/2016
The only problem I have with this is the names. Names in the Second age were apparently a massive deal. You're born with two names, and then you earn your third. Harry, by being a time traveler, was born with three names then given a fourth when he was adopted. They wouldn't have done this. He'd probably be Harry Telamon, or even Har'ri Telamon if you wanted to make it sound foreign. Harry James Potter Telamon just sounds ridiculous and could be considered offensive to the people of the Age of Legends, as you apparently have to do something pretty important for humankind to be awarded a third name.
BumpsInTheNight chapter 16 . 11/3/2016
Prior to this story, the only knowledge I had of the WoT series was from my failure to finish a different crossover. I almost didn't read it, not because the other story was bad or any reason to do with yours, I just wasn't sure I could be into the series at all. I'm so glad that I read this though. I do wish it hadn't ended with the sequel setup and disappointment, but I still loved it. The characters, the fights, the story, as a general whole I just loved it all. Thank you for sharing your work. You really did a wonderful job. I can only think of one thing that gave me pause while reading (and it's not a big deal at all, had probably been mentioned, and it's been a long time since you finished so... but anyway) didn't the Potter will say to put Harry with the Greengrass family and then they joined Voldemort? I just couldn't imagine that those two could happen together. But anything is possible with enough time or strain, I guess. Sorry to throw in a silly nitpick. It didn't ruin the story or anything, I just had to stop for a second to wonder. (And I didn't go back to check so it's totally possible that I'm dumb)
thonez chapter 14 . 7/8/2016
This story was made much worse by using naive logic of just use lethal spells/muggle it breaks premise of first half story. Why should Harry bother with one power when he could simply use guns?

Thats bad for action stories due to doylist perspective as it creates pretty short stories. Then wizards shouldn't bother with wands/spells except invisibility one and get weapons by confounding nearest army base. You should replace each figthting scene by just two sentences:

And Harry hidden under his invisibility cloak pulled trigger of his trusty M134 minigun. Ten seconds and 600 bullets later all death eaters were dead.

That would kill all death eaters within week unless Voldemort would be more capable than your iq 60 cartoon villian. He would answer by placing army base under imperius and fight for him. Bonus points for using 500lb bombs in moleskin pouch like hand granades.
Exivus chapter 7 . 3/15/2016
How do Harry and his friends come and go from Grimauld place without knowing the secret of the fidelius?
davidhale1302 chapter 10 . 9/27/2015
Was that an armed response unit? British police don't carry guns. Only specialist teams do. Great chapter though. The pacing of the action was good.
davidhale1302 chapter 5 . 9/26/2015
Love the battle of the portal stone. Particularly the image of Callandor lying in the shattered ruins.
davidhale1302 chapter 2 . 9/25/2015
Love this story. I think I've read it before but its fun.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 15 . 2/12/2015
YOU ABANDON THIS HERE?!
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 13 . 2/12/2015
Why the heck is Snape still a teacher if he's been outed as a Death Eater?
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 12 . 2/11/2015
Why don't they just use the stone they used the first two times? It strikes me as odd that they aren't even considering it.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 11 . 2/11/2015
FINALLY!

Someone else realizes that sniper rifles are the best way to take down wizards! I swear, the number of people who never think of that or any other potential use for technology always make me depressed. It's just... it's so OBVIOUS!
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 5 . 2/10/2015
I have a major issue with Harry's parents being bound to the wheel as heroes of the horn. It's made a big deal out of in the books... but their sacrifice isn't really something too out of the ordinary. There are any number of parents who would sacrifice themselves in a heartbeat if it meant that their children got to live, or even just to protect their children. Most parents would do that. So, do most parents in that situation get bound to the wheel?
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 4 . 2/10/2015
I think you mixed up Be'lal and Demandred. Be'lal was the one jealous of Ishamiel and Lanfear. Demandred was the one jealous of Lews Therin.

I'm enjoying the story, though. Nice work.
Gamer chapter 16 . 4/8/2014
THis story was good. But I felt that one thing that you never tied to the story was the immortality of Voldemort. He virtually returned from dead at the end of TWT. here was no mention of how Voldemort was completely destroyed even if we don't use the concept of the Horcruxes.