Reviews for Sins of the Father
Sandie chapter 19 . 2/5/2007
Hey "Pancho" TOOK ME THREE DAYS TO FINISH THIS STORY AND IT WAS GREAT. I HAD TOLD SOMEONE (MAYBYE KRISTIN I DON'T KNOW) THAT NICK AND GRISSOM ARE A LOT A LIKE AND THE STORY PROVES IT TONITE! I ALMOST COULDN'T STAND THE SUSPENSE SO I DID SOMETHING I USUALLY DO NOT DO, I READ PART OF THE LAST CHAPTER. I COULDN'T TAKE IT IF NICK DIED. WANTED TO KNOW IF U STILL WATCHED THE SHOW AND IF U WANT TO E-MAIL ME BACK, THAT'S FINE, BUT IF NOT THAT'S OK TOO. U WROTE ANOTHER STORY THAT I LIKED A LOT BUT CAN'T THINK OF THE NAME. ANYWAY, REAL CREATIVE STORY. THANKS!
weimfriend chapter 19 . 3/28/2006
I really enjoyed this story, so well written and a easy read. Love anything to do with Grissom and Nick

Nancy
tiarich chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
WOW - WOW - I just can't describe how good this story was. WOW - It was so well written and I couldn't stop reading. You did a FANTASTICLY AWESOME job. I could actually see the whole thing in my head.
abharding chapter 19 . 2/4/2006
Overall, I enjoyed this story. I thought you did a good job of showing us the early Nick - Grissom relationship and some of the tensions that continue to some extent even now. I also really liked the last section - and Mr. Rogers, and Warrick's comment about being his neighbor...

That said, I did have a few problems with the conversation beteween Nick and Grissom. I just can't see Grissom talking that much. Grissom may think all those things, but he just doesn't talk about them. He may talk a great about bugs, about the case, about intellectual things, but he dosen't talk about his feelings. I am only pointing it out, because the rest of the story you really have the characters down and this does seem out of character - even if it is what many would like to see.

I am looking forward to your next story.
wraiths-angel chapter 19 . 2/4/2006
really good ending to an amazing story and i hope you will make more stories just as good!
Mma63 chapter 19 . 2/3/2006
What words can I use to make you understand how much I loved to follow this story. Since the begining when you refered to the Nick/Kristyn ep, you got my fully atention because I felt there remanined some unfinished issues between Nick and Gil and even for Nick himself that still pointed their relation along the years.

Then chapter after chapter the increase of emotions, disturbing actions and situations, the tension between N/G and suspense had captured me deep inside.

Couldn't keep the whole thing out of my mind.

That's what good author do! That's what you did here!

Thanks for sharing an amazing piece and be sure I'm very anxyous to find a new fic from you pretty soon.
Mystical G Panther chapter 19 . 2/2/2006
wow this was a really good story! i loved it!

keep it up!

-mystical panther
sally88 chapter 19 . 2/2/2006
what a great story. absolutely loved it. all the charachters are portrayed in such a great way. you wrote the charachters so well it's just as if they came from the show.

i loved the last chapter. my favourtie, even more than the action ones. i loved the interactions between grissom and nick. the way that both of them were trying to apologise for the others mistakes even though they were both partially wrong. they were both trying to take on the whole blame. the last scene was absolutely darling, the way grissom asked for nick's advice. it was just a sweet, inconspicous way of telling him that he really appreciated and valued his input and help.

a fantastic story. so when are you starting your next project? very soon i hope. hoping to be reviewing something new very soon.
wlk68 chapter 19 . 2/2/2006
A lovely ending to a truly wonderful story. I am so pleased that Nick and Grissom both hashed things out. Excellent work! I very much look forward to reading more of your stories in the future. Keep them coming!
rozzy07 chapter 19 . 2/2/2006
Thanks for a great story that has helped expose the better qualities of Grissom in the end. Magic stuff, and of coures I await eagerly your next story.
Haleykim chapter 19 . 2/2/2006
Wow. What a beautiful chapter! This story was an amazing piece of writing, Poncholives! I felt so sorry for Nick the entire time and I was constantly on the edge of my seat.

So your next story is going to be just as happy as this one, right? LOL, I can't wait!
chrissie0707 chapter 19 . 2/1/2006
Hey, well, I have to say that I have the Mister Rogers song stuck in my head now. :)

Was it in Harry Potter that someone said that he had a "saving people thing"? I think it was. It's not important where it came from, but that was something that popped into my head while I was reading this chapter. Maybe that's what Nick has - a "saving people thing".

I like how you included Catherine as the mediator between the two, like she seems to so often be playing. She makes the pointed look at Grissom like "go in there and talk to him you doob."

A really nice scene between the two of them. I can only imagine how emotional Grissom would have to be to ramble like that. He feels a lot more than he thinks he does, I think.

So, I loved this story, thank you so much for it - it was truly amazing. Good luck on your next piece! I will be waiting ever-so-patientlt for it. Except for the patiently part.

Chrissie
everybetty chapter 19 . 2/1/2006
Ah, the Grissom Groveling was everything I hoped for and more. Can't help but wish that the lesson Grissom learned here had been remembered in DLG but we've all ranted enough about that!

The first chapter hooked me in, and the great writing within kept my interest, but the sweet interaction between the two guys is always the bell ringer.

Nicely done, Ann. Brava!
thatTaylorgirl chapter 19 . 2/1/2006
seriously enjoyed this piece! this last chapter wrapped everything up so well...even the uncharacteristic openness of Grissom. It was unbelievably well written...and totally in character for both of them!

“I know that your gift of empathy is just that - a gift. No one else on our team has the strong capacity for concern for others that you do, and I think it’s a quality that makes our team stronger.”

I loved this realization on Grissom's part! I think the only thing I loved more than this line was...

“However, I won’t lie to you when I say that it concerns me at the same time. You care so much, Nick, and sometimes, I’m worried that you care too much. It can lead you into danger. It has before and it could happen again..."

totally into the character here...I mean wow! you seriously hit him square on!

i can't give you enough praise for that! Grissom is such a hard character to get...and here i'm speaking from experience...trying to capture the seemingly invisible emotions of this man..and trying to flush them out so it's believable...it's incredibly hard to do!

Kudos for this!

I look forward to your next piece!

thanks so much for this one!

Sarah
Faith Hope and Love chapter 19 . 2/1/2006
Well, it is always sad to see a great story like this come to an end, but I am looking forward to what you are going to do next. This was a well written story and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks you!