Reviews for Mako
Sailor Pandabear chapter 6 . 1/3/2014
cool
LovesToRead chapter 6 . 12/20/2011
Awesome. Played the game, but this story just makes it so much better since all the lolly-gagging and useless filler paths are taken out. Saw that this one, sadly, was not on you Story Status list in your profile. Is this dropped, or on a long-term hold? I don't have an FF acount, so please e-mail me at and let me know.

Thanks again for writting. Keep at it!
Jay Simpson chapter 6 . 1/13/2010
Very nice story so far ... great adaptation from the video game. I'm glad you cut out the cross-dressing piece - would not have fit with your version of a "slice 'em up first, then ask questions" Cloud. Also glad to see the humor retained during the interrogation of the Don.
Luke chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Excellent work so far! and ive only read a tiny bit of it (im at work and plan to read more when i get home) I hope you finish this
Tega Drake chapter 2 . 8/3/2008
I... admire you, for starters. I think I shall actually die of the happiness, really.

Of course, Final Fantasy VII makes me happy all the time.

So... thanks for actually doing this!
Bloodredalchemist chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Wow...

Count me ignorant, but I didn't think adults wrote fanfiction...

Much less good fanfiction, and certainly not for FF7, FF8, Zelda, or much less anything else.

I really love your writing style, how you're sticking really close to the script, and the characterizations of Cloud.

Just as a question though: You are aware of the occurrences in Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core.

Call me a die-hard fan-girl, but if you screw up the entire Zack death scene memory, I. Will. Hunt. You. Down.

The Desert Scene in both Last Order and FF7 was crap.

If you haven't seen that, then go straight to Youtube and search Crisis Core cutscenes.

Sorry if I sound really aggressive, but hey, I'm young, my brain mainly works with the amgydla. I may be a pretty crappy writer, and a half-baked artist, but I at least know what I'm looking for in the fandoms...
Ranger24 chapter 2 . 9/17/2007
Interesting...

I've seen halo novelizations but never final fantasy 7 keep up the good work.
Chrosis chapter 6 . 8/25/2007
Nice!

I've always wanted to know what actually happened in the game, but my PS2 broke, so I never went out to get a copy.

You're saving my life, here.
Firelord Lionheart chapter 6 . 2/22/2007
Did you give up on this?
IronCross chapter 6 . 12/18/2006
Wow, once again you amaze me with the details. Yeah, the Don's taste was shitty in the game, but I thought he had a mow hawk or some type of weird hairdoo, not a crown. All well. Make us proud.

P.S. Finally out of Basic Training, now station in Alaska. And man, life really sucks when you only see 3 hours of day light, and not to mention the -30 weather. Can't wait till summer, then again, you'll probably hear me bitch about 18 hour daylight too.
SnowAngel chapter 6 . 12/14/2006
After reading your novelization of FFVI, I got curious about your novelization of FFVII - as those two FF RPGs are among my favorites. I can understand why you find it daunting. While playing the game, I found parts of the storyline a bit confusing with holes and unfinished explanations. I really look forward to read your take on the rest of the story. I like what you have done so far, and I enjoyed the extra scenes that you included (particularly the one where Tifa proved to Cloud that she's a good fighter). You manage to make the story more realistic yet at the same time preserve the core elements that make FFVII so great. Good job! Keep on writing and I'll keep on reading!
Rikke Leonhart chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
"Oh shit son. Peptuck's doing it again."

My thoughts exactly. I've been ptactically dead to fanfiction for a while, and when I get back; what does my eye see?

Peptuck is back. With a huge problem.

I can imagine, that with FFVII being so popular, won't it be hard to novelize, and to make people in general satisfied? Yes, opinion doesn't matter if you enjoy what you do, but, I could just imagine a large amount of people getting their knickers in a twist, just because you're 'meddling' with their precious story-line.

Well, I can honestly say, that I admire your drive. I think that I would have given up long ago, even if I love to write.

"He wore a somewhat tattered dark blue uniform, pants and a loose shirt, over which was a thick belt."

*groans* Seriously, you just started the never-ending argument between my friend and I; Is it blue or is it purple? xD

“Hope he don’t die before we get inside. We may need ‘im!”

OHH! I was in love with this! I read a fic, not going to mention any names XD, but Barret had one the most perfect and understandable English lines ever. And it wasn't a joke. I like when the language and the personality go along; like when you write "don't" instead of "doesn't". It really fits him well.

Oh, I thing I'm going to be late! Whenever I get the time during the nexy few days, I'll read the rest and see if I'm still bursting with curiosity for this project.

Until next time;

Cheers!

Rikke Leonhart
Maradona chapter 6 . 8/14/2006
Alright...I like what you've done so far.

Your style is very action-orientated, and it does seem to match the pace of the game. The only way I think you can improve on things (and this is being seriously nitpicky!) is to use an even larger amount of creative language to describe the characters and locations of FF7. I know we're all FF fans here and know our stuff, but think of it from the point of view of someone who has never played the game.

However, I'm only saying this because I honestly can't think of anything noticeably wrong.

Personally I think you're nuts for attempting this, but fair play, I wish you all the best. You managed FF8, and it would be fantastic to see this one finished as well. Keep going!

Maradona
Chamira chapter 6 . 8/12/2006
Yay! Great Chapter! Hee hee I loved Don Corneo's door obsession :D. I can't wait for the next chapter, I'm interested to see what you do to the rest of the story!
Trotline chapter 6 . 7/24/2006
so far all i have to complain about is the occational grammer/punctuation/word usage error.

one thing that slightly let me down was in chapter 5

aries-"Are you trying to sweep me off my feet?" that had such potential for such a metal gear solid moment...i wanted to cry.

you could throw in lucky strikes in a future cid/cloud interaction, just a sugestion

honestly i believe this fic could use an M Rating, fuck has been used like 6 times and i know some movies have been upgraded to R for any more than one and it would allow you more liberties with Cids character.

i muchly agree with the cutting of the air buster and crossdressing, while fun in the game would just get tedious reading

trouser titan...oh my god