Reviews for The Truth: Part 1
GlassyTheRosePen chapter 4 . 6/2/2013
I think...it was plain beautiful. I especially love the fact that you wrote this from Akane's point of view. She is such an interesting character...but since she also is such a hothead we never get to see her inner thoughts or feelings. So I loved that you made it so. I also loved the sisterly relationship between Nabiki and Akane. That is certainly something we don't get to see everyday.
As for the plot...well. It was a casual romantic Ranma/Akane story. That ended with a good ol' smooth at the end. :P I actually consider it as a long one-shot. Still though it was very good. I enjoyed it nevertheless so great work.
tuatara chapter 4 . 9/3/2012
"I remember a time when you were pleasant, trusting, saw the best in people and would have given the shirt off your back to make someone happy." - Yeah, that time is called almost all of canon. 3/4 of the time, that's exactly who she is. It's not some long-lost part of herself that had been subsumed under the "selfish psychob*tch" persona. That persona is like 90% pure fanon.

It's so disappointing that this story takes that false image and uses it as the basis for a character study. It's not examining the real character as she's actually presented, but rather fanfic writers' impressions of her…which are fundamentally different. The saddest part is that the writing is quite strong. I just wish it had been in the service of a story I could take at all seriously.
tuatara chapter 3 . 9/3/2012
Really, such profoundly distorted notions of right and wrog at play here. For instance:

"You had no obligation to tell me something that was so obvious. […] I'm proud of you for _not_ telling me. I know it must've been hard for you to, well, risk getting the crap beat out of you."

…What? It's *everyone's* obligation to do what's right! And why is she proud of him avoiding doing something hard because he didn't want to deal with the consequences?

And how is it Akane's fault that Ukyo is hurt by *Ranma* not telling her he wasn't interested in her like that? Hell, it's barely even *Ranma's* fault! He never asked for Ukyo to pursue him obsessively. Neither he nor Akane ever asked for her to take part in schemes to split up the two of them.

That's hardly to say either Akane or Ranma are faultless. Of course they aren't. But I find the approach to their "crimes" depicted here deeply disturbing.
tuatara chapter 2 . 9/3/2012
"The Truth"…sure, sure. This story, well written though it may be, is little more than Akane-bashing masquerading as character development. Come on now.
deletedforpersonalreasons chapter 4 . 10/12/2008
Wow, simply wow. A really good, beautiful, emotional story- I can't believe how good this is.

:) I wish you'd continue, but somehow I doubt that...

Hope you will :)
Concetta chapter 4 . 9/14/2007
So . . . cute!

This is going under favorites!
Concetta chapter 2 . 9/14/2007
Wow. I like how you kind of psychoanalysed Akane. That's awesome to be able to that and make it believable as the inner workings of her mind.

Ciao!
Concetta chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Beautiful.
Kitten Kisses chapter 4 . 1/7/2007
Well, honestly, I really have no idea if that's the end or not. I mean, the last chapter, yeah, but the end of the story? I don't think it is, and yet... If it was, it wouldn't really be a bad ending.

Sorry to see this won't be continued, but it really was a pretty good story. Great job.

-Manna (KK)
Kitten Kisses chapter 3 . 1/7/2007
You have the same author notes posted here that you did in the last chapter, haha.

Nice enough chapter. The whole story is starting to get choppy, though.
Kitten Kisses chapter 2 . 1/7/2007
Nice job with Akane's thoughts here. The only problem with them, is that each sentence is pretty much spaced into paragraphs. You probably should have put together a few sentences, so that you didn't have so many lines of text that were so very seperated.

Good work, though.
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
A nice start. I'm pretty sure this story isn't finished, but I'm going to read it anyway. You never know when inspiration may strike, you know. And I can never pass up a good story.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to find out that your pet was really a guy who know/knew. I mean, if I found out my cat (who is female, but let's pretend that she isn't) was really a guy I worked with or something, I'd be a little weirded out!

Okay...a lot weirded out. Very, very creeped out. How many times had they seen me change, take a shower, or squish them against my chest? Ugh.

Even knowing that Ryouga is sory probably isn't nearly enough to make Akane feel any better about the whole situation. I think you did a pretty good job in this chapter, though your writing is a little bit loose. Of course, this story is so old, that you probably know this, and have probably long-since fixed it. Great work so far!

-Manna (KK)
mysterychild chapter 4 . 4/2/2006
I find your story to be very interesting and would love to read more chapters. . I like the development of the plot line, and I like how you place Nabikis character. (And Ranma and Akanes relationship.) Good stuff.. Cant wait for more.
Angela Jewell chapter 4 . 3/10/2005
Wow. That was an amazing story. Beautifully written. _
Guest chapter 4 . 6/15/2004
Quite well written

I like Nabiki's talk with Akane...A very good sister...

Their speeches suits them perfectly...