Reviews for As Dreams Do
Misti Wolan chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
Interesting.

There's nothing wrong with having an opening line inspired by "Firebird"s—it's a technique that you're copying, really; you're not plaigerizing.

I can tell it was probably meant to be chilling; that it wasn't is likely a side effect of my being sleep-deprived and reading this on a break from studying for the final exam I'm having today.

I've also been writing, reading, and considering far too many dark scenes lately, which probably contribute to my… lack of reaction.

I liked the beginning in particular. Quite… satisfactory. You reveal things gradually, which is nice.

Keep writing!
mar-isu chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Hi! It's me from the list.

I liked your story. Phoena feeling regret and guilt for what she did to Tel is appropriate and I don't think she was really all that OOC. After all, in dreams many things we hide in/from ourselves come foreward.

Your review request was cute. Pleases do not send fish, I can't stand it.

Mar'isu
Jaina Kenobi chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
Ooh, very well done! It does have kind of a dreamlike quality... nifty.

Yeah, that opener is classic. But it fits so well with this ficlet! It's been a while since I read any of the Firebird trilogy - too long, really - but this sure brought some of it back!

Sadly, you're not likely to get terribly many reivews in here, cause there aren't many of us that hang out here. *sigh* Someday maybe I'll get around to adding to this poor neglected fandom. For what it's worth, I thought this was a great read!
MidenianScholar chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
Oh, very good! Nice Phoena angst.

I liked especially how the end paragraph was much like the beginning. It just sort of seemed to... wrap it up, I suppose. :)