Reviews for Caught on Film
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 19 . 8/21/2014
I. Love. This. I love the characters, I love the writing style, I love the plot and head canons. All of it, wonderful. Oh, and you're dead hilarious sweetie. It's midnight and I'm waking up my family with my cackling. This is an honorable and valuable extension of the Toy Story universe. Rock on!
magdilen chapter 19 . 4/15/2014
Good job, that was so cute.
StrangePointOfView chapter 19 . 1/10/2014
This is such a touching tale! Well done!
aburameclanhead chapter 19 . 9/10/2013
This is one of the best stories I've ever read!
Artificial Life Creator chapter 18 . 6/30/2013
Hmm, earlier, when Jessie- er, better yet, when Jake was reflecting that in the coming weeks he'd find not many avenues couldn't be twisted by Jessie back to boxes, you had Jessie say that Dana bought her herself. Miiight wanna fix that :)
Artificial Life Creator chapter 8 . 6/30/2013
Wow. Just... wow.
Artificial Life Creator chapter 6 . 6/30/2013
Mandatory hour of thumb twiddling- LOL! One time, my boyfriend arrived forty minutes before our international flight (after running around for half an hour in search of the check in desk) and we still made it on the plane... by cutting basically every line but the people were surprisingly friendly about it (this was the States and we're from Canada) Never doing that again mind you, the stress, OH GAWD THE STRESS!

And yes JHP, you are soooo in trouble.
Artificial Life Creator chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
I read this chapter, then read a few more, and then doubled back 'cause I reviewed Chapter 7. I glanced at the "the NYPD would have shortly been paying a visit to the Riley residence" line, and then Jessie's cheer caught my eye, except it wasn't a cheer, it was the "YEAAAAHHHH!" from that Who song but more pertinent, CSI Miami Horatio and his sunglasses and I had a laugh.

Would Jessie be more likely to say 'Ma' in regards to moms?
Artificial Life Creator chapter 7 . 6/30/2013
As Marvin the Martian once said, "Oh damn."
Artificial Life Creator chapter 4 . 6/30/2013
I'm gonna try that line on my teddybear now (except he's at home and the teddydog's here- the "One living toy, ready-made to order").

The crack about philisophical discussions over pizza was great. O, and also how the "dispassionate calculating machine of a cousin" immediately hopes/assumes the /liberal/ wing was done in.

The "items" were pretty cute too.

Btw, last chapter, I really like how you stuck with the "tell me about the good ol' days". I guess in this one the 'it' are the pictures and Beth&Jake are trying to figure out if the pictures actually say the toys are alive?
Artificial Life Creator chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
Lol, the... merrr... The "I interrupted hastily, realizing that a large nostalgia vortex was forming here, from which Beth and I, if we weren't careful, might not escape with our lives" was great, as was the backing-and-forthing... Maybe the 'melodrama', what with the "primitive" and the bursting into song (sorta) and the quoting. Real nice, real funny, and now I'm-a thinking I sound a mite bit out of Firefly.
Artificial Life Creator chapter 2 . 6/30/2013
Ottawa, whoohoo!

As for the the title, maybe try "Last Thing I Thought I'd Find Was You" (37) or "You're the Last Thing I Thought I'd Find" (whoops, that's 42).

'Dana' hadn't had coffee yet?

And, my favorite line of the chapter was "So did mine," I said, "and when either of them comes in, you'll probably want to remove it. I, however, don't mind it a bit." Her description was pretty great too- the one where she comes in the door, versus 'Jake's' expectation.
Artificial Life Creator chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
I'm quitely rather intrigued, and I'm loving it :D
yamiishot chapter 19 . 2/25/2013
Aww gosh, this story was just perfect X3
Cinnamon Ninja chapter 19 . 12/27/2012
Oh my god. I'd love this story even if it was just an unrelated story about toys who come to life, but the way you've woven it in with the Toy Story canon is just superb. And you brought the Prospector back! And you explained the Rules behind the toys-coming-to-life thing! And did it with such flair!
And your writing style - are you a published writer? Because quite honestly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you were. Everyone is characterized so beautifully and their voices are fantastic.
I love this story and I love you for writing it. Thank you so much!