Reviews for An Invitation to the Ball
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
That was utterly hilarious! I love your interpretation of the Commodore. I had to keep stopping myself from bursting out laughing.
souh chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This definitely deserves more than 8 reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I found it to be rather hilarious and hope that one day, inspiration strikes, and either the dress is reciprocated or repeated.
Alhen Lawliet chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
do not know why, but I smell yaoi fic. hehe, but it was funny and I liked reading it. thanks for sharing.
Cheorl d'Arion chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Hey, I've finally finished reading this (I was reading it during stolen moments at school). I think it is wonderful but...

The first couple lines of dialogue between James and Wincott and James and Elizabeth seem oddly open. Especially for a character like James. He seems like he's revealing an awful lot of information in his speech, much more than people would in life. It's almost as though you were trying to get as much of James' intentions across to the reader, providin a backstory (of sorts) through dialogue.

Also, throughout the story, you continually hint at 'what an amusing evening it shall be' and at Jack's habit of 'causing chaos', yet you fail to deliver beyond the (albeit EXTREMELY amusing) dressing of Jack as woman (and the ending, I loved the ending with James setting Elizabeth off for a spin). The dinner seemed to proceed entirely normally. It was very well-written but you seem to have preferred writing a gentlemanly (or gentlewomanly as the case may be) portrait. I kept expecting some shenanigan of Jack's, or something to make the dinner quite entertaining.

It was a lovely fic, definitely going on my fav's list, but I figured you could use the feedback. XD

-Cheorl
sudoku chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
I absolutely love this story. It is very funny, I was reading it in a lab and it was hard for me not to fall from the chair laughing, not to mention surpressing my smiles. I love how James tricked both of them easily, how Jack can carry himself well and the governor can recognize him nonetheless. Keep up the good works! Looking forward to read more of your stories. I am adding this to my favourite story.
Snickerer chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
*amused* The bit about the paperwork kind of reminds me of Colonel Mustang...

"The man obviously adored being the eye of the storm while all else swirled around him like flotsam caught up in a water spout." *cackles* So very true!

"One would never think you were capable of such guile if one only looked at you when you are busy being so Commodore-ish.” *grins widely* Yep!

“Sparrow could run rings around the pair of you with little difficulty." *snrk* Sad, but too, too true!

“You are quite possibly the most devious, underhanded, scheming man I have ever met, and that includes Jack Sparrow. " XD XD XD Now /that's/ saying something! Oh, dear lords, devious Norrington is far, far too entertaining to watch!

And poor, poor Jack...*completely loses the battle with the giggles*

And when Elizabeth gets devious herself...*cackles* Oh, I feel faintly sorry for Port Royal!

"wondering if this escapade would be a success or an unmitigated disaster." My money's on both, depending on whose perspective you look at it from...*grins*

Jack and corsets. Bwahahahaha!

"he had had no idea the Commodore could actually smile without breaking his face asunder." XD I can see that, too!

"his clear green eyes showed a sudden horrified comprehension; he knew Jack’s vagaries well enough to suspect the worst" XD XD XD Poor man probably just contemplated the idea of Sparrow /flirting/ with him and is suddenly regretting his terms to Elizabeth...

"It had been fun and the evening had proven quite amusing all told but it was definitely time to make his escape." Oh, yes! *chuckles*
ndm chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
This was so much fun - no one wants to get in Elizabeth's way when she's on a roll - and look at the consequences!

Nice characterizations. Thank you.

ndm
LunarianPrincess chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
That was hilarious! i loved it, great use of misdirection on Norrington's part! _- LP
madmaz chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
wow that was by far one of the most funniest potc fanfictions i have ever read - absolutely hilarious! Great work! The visions i had of Jack in that dress! Reminded me of those parts in Ed Wood or Before Night Falls where Johnny Depp dresses as a woman, lol! I could just imagine it if he got chatted up by a naval officer and ended up slapping them, or even fainting like Liz in the corset! great story, loved it!
caffinebunny chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
Is there going to be a sequel? Surely Jack and/or Elizabeth have to get revenge on the Commodore! This really brightened up my morning! :-)