Reviews for Shadowed Mountain
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 1/22/2006
I liked this although it caught me by surprise. I found it very different, all about the quiet pace of their relationship. I expect more of a showdown or revelation but I actually enjoyed the understated nature of the story very much. For instance, I liked how Kenshin reacts to Kaoru getting the ingredients for dinner. I really enjoyed the way they were both portrayed, particularly Kenshin so I would love to see a sequel. Kenshin is a nice mix of Rurouni and strength here. He may have guilt but he seems to have made more peace with his past.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
I really enjoyed this portrayal of Kenshin. He is not acting the part of the sometimes silly Rurouni but he is much more Rurouni than Battousai here. I think if this as different for you since you usually portray more of the dark side of Kenshin's personality. This is a nice change because I happen to love seeing that gentler nature with the subdued strength underneath. The whole room of time thing was a complete surprise but I like the idea of Kenshin being bound to the earth and communicating with the mountain. I also like how Kaoru is trying to figure out how to lose her virginity to Kenshin. So much is always made of her innocence that it is nice to see her plotting. If Kenshin only knew her thoughts, he might not be so hesitant.
dernhelm chapter 2 . 1/14/2006
please update. we love your story. )
Tsuki-kiba chapter 2 . 1/11/2006
"The earth..." mumbled Kaoru as she nuzzeled Kenshin in fear "she talks!" Kenshin sighed "Yes she does... iv told you twenty times now..." "THE EARTH SPEAKS!" Wailed Kaoru...

Lol! Sry i just had to write that! Great story hope theres a contiue to it... :P

Can't wait to read more!
nightshade belle chapter 2 . 1/11/2006
I love your work, you never disappoint me. It's always orginal and not smutty, I'd call it romantic. Sigh. Any way keep the chapters coming. Love it, Love it!
Bradybunch4529 chapter 2 . 1/9/2006
Fantastic as always. I read your blog about Little One. So wetted my appetite for more. And I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us. Publish again soon.
animeLCgrl chapter 2 . 1/9/2006
Wow that was such sweet ending for the story! I absoutely loved it and I hope you do continue and write a sequel. I would hope that perhaps they meet up with the others of the Kenshingumi. I also think that Enshi and Gohei should meet up with a horrible death. I laughed when you wrote that Enshi had to eat his own cooking now and it was even worse than Kaoru's. I think that it is a fitting punishment for now. Anyway I hope that either Little One, Dark One or Amber Linings gets updated soon!
Shadow Girl chapter 2 . 1/9/2006
This story was so good. I can't wait for the next one! Update as soon as you can!
Indygodusk chapter 2 . 1/9/2006
I had fun going and reading the smutty version at Guilty Pleasures, yay! Sexy and sensual, just the way I like it. *grin* I really enjoyed the cooking tips, which were fun to read and see. Kaoru biting him, and the teasing about it, totally made me grin.

I thought the bracelet was going to allow the mountain to talk to Kaoru more directly, so its actual practical purpose surprised me. That was cool! I actually had a rant today on my lj about how guys need to take more responsibility for protection, so this fit in great.

I found Kaoru's line about how she'd learned a lot about Kenshin over the last few weeks, and how not every discovery was pleasant, very realistic. It made me happy that you included it. You included a lot of realistic details in this story, good job!

Kenshin's question at the end, and his worry, was so cute!

This was a lot of fun to read, as all your works are. Thank you!
Triste1 chapter 2 . 1/9/2006
Wow, that was wonderful! I read the full story on Guilty Pleasures, and boy, was it LONG! Compliments to your beta-reader for the job well done. There were but one or two mistakes that she missed, but considering the length of everything, that was some amazing work she did; as did you.

Great story! I liked the fact that you ended it peacefully. I would like to know what happens at the end of the one year and am hoping for a sudden burst in inspiration from you, but I suppose this is relatively satisfying if ever a sequel doesn't appear. Rather like one of those "happily ever after" fairytales that don't actually detail the happily ever after.

I liked...well...everything! I loved the way you portrayed Kaoru and I loved the horse. As for the mountain, very amusing sense of humour.

Keep writing!
whoknoez chapter 2 . 1/8/2006
YAY! I like this story a lot. And you updated VERY fast. I love it. Keep it up! D
venus goddess chapter 2 . 1/8/2006
I forgot that this was going to be a short story and was wondering what ch. 3 was going to be like when I read the author's notes. Well it's good that you're at least thinking about a sequel because this has too much potential where it was left off. Oh, and can't wait for those other two stories as well.
ixchen chapter 2 . 1/8/2006
that was awesome.. would love to see what happens next.
VyxenSkye chapter 2 . 1/8/2006
Cute... I liked it tonz, and I really do hope to see that sequel from you, as well as updates on your other stories. Nice seeing this chapter!

Ja ne!
en route chapter 2 . 1/8/2006
i love your writing more and more. with each story i can feel it improving, not that it wasn't awesome before, but now, i can feel the emotions more clearly and the story flows so smoothly. and even with stories with magic like these, it feels realistic. i just want to say great job. can't wait for the next update in any story. looking forward to all of them. :]
104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »