Reviews for The Band
Thucydides chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Not your best work. Somehow the characterization seems off, if anythign Brill comes across stronger and more distinct then Arvin or Jack. The story seems to spend too much time telling us about the characters, rather than showing them. The discussion about ends and means could also be much stronger.
Sloane Ranger chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
This is a really fascinating story with some interesting foreshadowing of future events, especially since, and I'm not sure I should be saying this, I'm also writing a story about Jack and Sloane's actions in Chile but from a completely different perspective.

I like your take on Sloane's motivations. I've never seen him as being evil for evil's sake but as a man who has committed to what he considers a higher cause and the bit about Jack killing a double agent because of a personal betrayal rather than a political one also raises the question why he has never killed Sloane himself who has also personally betrayed him. It would be fascinating to find out why.

I found this story well written and very enjoyable. The only downside I can think of is that it looks like a one parter and I can never have enough Jack/Sloane backstory.