Reviews for Echoes of the Past, Alternate Ending
phantom girl chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
oh thank you sooooo much for this real ending I about died from the last ending I am SOOO SOO soooo soooo grateful!
DianaCennar chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Okay now this! I sooooo prefer this ending. Nevertheless the other one is still going to haunt me.
celeste98 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This is a fantastic alternative to your masterpiece's ending. I personally like this one better mostly because Erik and Christine are together in the end. Thank you again for writing this.

-celeste98
seablue4u chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
I love this ending. Just as it should be.
Llandaf chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
I just finished reading this amazing story! It is one of the best I've ever read in or out of fandom. I loved the way you posted your fantasy ending. It's just what all of us would have wanted to see, but the way you set up the story, it couldn't have possibly happened.

I'm going to read your other fics and will be looking for your new works as well.

Job well done!

Llandaf
Kmalfoy89 chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
Damnit...you did it again. I need to learn to shut off my music when i read your stories. I was listening to a song called The Soft Goodbye and the mixture of that and the alternate ending had me bawling my eyes out. great job!
Luckii.jinx chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Ohh! This ending made me happier. *weak smile* but wow..amazingly..I think I like the other one better..it touches the soul more.. but still wonderful.
phantom-jedi1 chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
As touching as it is to have Erik and Christine back together, the original ending is oddly more compelling to me. Though I'll bet your other readers didn't feel the same. All the same, it was a good alternate ending.

phantom_jedi
MissJadeMask chapter 34 . 2/1/2006
i love the new ending but in my heart i know that isnt how the story be kicked when your bleeding!Here’s to an eternal horizon! * half hearted smile* Poor erik.
Mominator chapter 34 . 1/9/2006
I love *both* endings! The original made me cry, but was very logical. This one satisfies the EC shipper in me. (happy sigh)

This was a great story - both times! - and I am quite pleased to have been able to read them.

Thank you!

Barb
AufdemOper chapter 34 . 1/8/2006
aw,that beautiful!
UndermyAngelofMusic'swing chapter 34 . 1/8/2006
Beautiful. I love this ending... I loved the original ending too, I don't think I can really compare the two: they're so different. Where I thought the original was totally and utterly heart-wrenching seeing that Erik had to live out his days alone, knowing Christine and his son were with another man; it would have been less heart-wrenching if he had died. But this... this is just the icing on a rather large and fruitful cake, is it not? Congrats on the alternative ending, it was excellent. Cheers!
UndermyAngelofMusic'swing chapter 4 . 1/8/2006
I always did love this chapter, especially the beautiful ending where you talk about dreams, fantasies and reality. I love it.
UndermyAngelofMusic'swing chapter 3 . 1/8/2006
I really like this story, I can note a lot of the changes, especially in format. Although I really did like how you used Christine's diary in the other version, this one is shaping up beautifully, and it's nice to see you're not following the *exact* story line of its predecessor. Nice work, very saddening, onto chapter 4. Cheers.
UndermyAngelofMusic'swing chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
G'day, as a habitual reviewer of the original "Echoes of the Past" story, I'm delighted to see you post an Alternative version. Therefore I shall set about reading this, it's geat how you've posted it all in on go; no more annoying anxious waits for chapter updates :P. Well, here I go, cheers!