Reviews for Becoming Neville
MuggleCreator chapter 34 . 9/18/2012
Awwwwww! Nice stuff!
Blueowl chapter 34 . 9/8/2012
Wonderfully written. Neville is awesome.
breathe-the-ocean-calls chapter 34 . 8/10/2012
I use 'perfect' very liberally to describe things that sit well with me. Things that seem right and special. This whole fic was just so completely filled with things that were just so right, that I don't think I've ever been able to describe something as 'perfect' so literally before. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. You made me cry. But it was the good kind of tears.
This was perfect.
numberwang chapter 34 . 8/9/2012
Absolutely, absolutely love this fic. So well written and a great idea! Don't usually read Neville fics but have really enjoyed reading this :) thank you!
Midnight Mahogany chapter 34 . 7/28/2012
Fantastic story! It was such a refreshingly unique plot.
I love Neville but your harry grated on my nerves at parts. The Snape you portrayed was different, but I liked him.
congratulations on finishing the story

Regards,
Midnight Mahogany
BirdsLoveToRead chapter 34 . 7/24/2012
Loved it! The plot was great & original. And I cried tears of laughter at your perfectly written sarcastic Snape. You really captured his character well.
MaxRide05 chapter 34 . 7/4/2012
...aaaahhhh! Oh my goodness. I thought you'd do something like this. Dangling the prospect just out of reach. It's what I would have done too.

I simply love this story. Honestly the amount of emotion you were able to invoke in me was... quite something. At times I wanted to laugh - and sometimes did outright - and at other times I wanted to cry, and yet even other times I actually went 'awww'... And I don't do that. Much.

So well done. Very, very well done. I also love Harry and Neville's bond, and their relationship with Tonks, Remus and especially snape. Those interactions were some of the most humorous. As well as the previous chap with Snape and his array of sighs. That was funny.
Lollypops101 chapter 34 . 7/2/2012
Amazing story! I really enjoyed reading it.
ladylaughalot chapter 34 . 6/14/2012
A truly excellent Neville centric fic, the best I've ever read and (surprisingly) I very much enjoyed your characterization of Snape too! :)
DumbYetBrilliant chapter 34 . 6/13/2012
YOU UTTER BASTARD

YOU MADE ME CRY

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH

DON'T EVER WRITE EVER AGAIN

(Just kidding, stop and I'll reach through the internet and punch you in the face)
Web of Obsidian chapter 34 . 6/3/2012
I don't care if this was written nearly six years ago. You've probably moved off of to other things, no doubt more important than listening to a random person who you don't even know. But in all seriousness, it would be amazing if there was a sequel to this. Or perhaps a following one-shot, like Neville celebrating his birthday with his parents or something.

Now, off the topic of my pitiful begging, I'll actually do what I'm supposed to in a review.

I will admit that it took me a while to finally read this story. I've seen it in tons of FF communities, recommended by so many authors, and placed on so many favorites lists. I looked at it and I was like 'Meh, it doesn't look very interesting.' I wasn't very smart in judging this book by it's cover.

I love Neville's character, and he never really gets enough credit. Kind of like Luna Lovegood. You took his character and turned it into something amazing and completely unique, something I haven't seen before on this site. You've taken Harry's grief and want for a family, a mother, and put it side by side with Neville's pain of seeing his parents and knowing they won't ever recognize him. Their arguing, shared grief, it all fits so perfectly.

I will admit that the first time you had them sleeping together, I nearly left the story. I figured it would probably turn into slash, and the few T-rated slash fics I've stumbled upon should probably be rated M. Not that I have any problem with that sort of thing, I just don't care to read about it in great detail. Leave that to other people. Still judging the book by its cover, I know. Not smart. But then I figured 'Hey, if you actually read something that is blatant slash, THEN make the decision whether or not to leave.' I'm really happy I stayed.

I could go on and on and on about how amazing this was, pointing out bits and pieces here and there, but I'm a bit short on time at the moment. I'll finish up really quick.

The spirits you had in the laboratory? ...Ack, the only word I can think of to describe that scene is haunting, and I'm NOT going to make such a bad unintentional pun. Chilling. That's the word I'm looking for. Regulus playing around with their emotions like that... Wonderfully written, if not rather painful to read. The hidden messages on the candy wrappers were a genius idea. Dumping Snape, Remus, Neville, and Harry into Grimmauld Place and forcing them to interact was also well-done, as was your amazing ability to keep everyone in character.

Okay, really need to go now. Congragulations on a job well done, Jedi Rita. Keep up the good work.
The-little-67-impala chapter 34 . 5/24/2012
omg. amazing!
showstopper92 chapter 34 . 5/22/2012
i found this yesterday and i can't believe how quick it took me to finish it. your writing is nothing short of amazing and I'm sitting in my room wishing that there was a sequel to read. you are an wonderful writer and i can't wait to read more of your works! :)
Y.K.Willstone chapter 34 . 5/12/2012
Please say that there is a sequel to this as it is absolutely awesome.
whistle.the.silver chapter 34 . 5/5/2012
Wow. Wow! This is a wonderful story. It has humour, heart and plot! Splendid. I read it all in one sitting and am delighted that I did. It's an enthralling story well told, superbly so. How poignant! How irreverant! How heart warming!

The pacing was spot on. It trotted along, never lagging or dulling down. You had fascinating new characters and provided a sympathetic view of some good old Potter favourites. But there was great restraint here too, you never went for the cheap gag or easy way out. I wanted nothing more than to hug the orphan boys and make sure the world stopped hurting them!

Thank you for this wonderful tale. The time, effort and care expended are very obvious. This was a pleasure to read.
1,324 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »