Reviews for Becoming Neville
Prackspoor chapter 4 . 8/23
Augusta Longbottom owns this chapter from the first time she makes an appearance. When you ignore that like almost everyone else she is underestimating Neville and putting him down in a way, she's awesome.
On the other hand, from a healer's perspective she is probably the worst patient you could have what with smoking in a hospital et cetera.

The scenes with Neville's parents are at the same time heart-warming and heart-breaking. It's sad that Neville is always worried about what Harry is thinking or that he'll be made fun of for something he does. But at least he allows his mother to groom him despite everything, because it matters more to him than other people's opinions. Good job on the scene where he is envious of Harry. The sentiment is very relatable. On the other hand, I think no one would say that Harry didn't deserve a bit of motherly affection as well which makes it all the more difficult.

I enjoy the little details you mention which make the whole story more realistic because those are things everyone subconsciously picks up on and can relate to, e.g. old women reading cheap paperbacks which are stacked on their nightstand, patients complaining about their food and so on and so on.
Prackspoor chapter 3 . 8/23
And Harry's back to being a grouch - at least, it's consisent with the moodiness he displayed all through the Order of the Phoenix. That being said, for someone who is regularly getting worked up about how people aren't taking him seriously enough, he's amazingly insensitive when it comes to taking Neville seriously.

Tonks making an appearance is awesome.
"Tonks, it's a glass house." - "Of course!" - "That means it's made of glass." Those are my favourite lines in this chapter.
Prackspoor chapter 2 . 8/23
Neat expansion of canon regarding the greenhouse, I must say. This is definitely going to make Neville's stay at Grimmauld Place more pleasant.
His dreams speak volumes about what's going on inside of him and what's nagging and tearing at him, Bellatrix especially. It's strange to read Neville even considering using the Killing Curse, but in this case I'm buying it.
Good to see Harry's getting over his grumpiness. Neville's not to blame for anything after all and each keeping to themselves won't make summer holidays any less boring.
Prackspoor chapter 1 . 8/23
An interesting start to an interesting story. Your Neville is the most authentic and true to the original I've seen around here and your clear style of writing makes it easy to get into his head. You capture the gloomy atmosphere of Grimmauld place really well. I also like how you portray Harry and Remus and how hard Sirius' death is on them. Harry moved on very quickly in the original and while I can understand that the plot needs to move forward, he's a bit non-chalant about losing his godfather and does not think much of him at all during the sixth volume.
1sunfun chapter 34 . 7/11
Nice Story.
OnyxBear22 chapter 34 . 7/5
Aww... I cried a little at the end. it was too beautiful!
JuceBi chapter 34 . 6/20
oh what a beautiful beautiful story!
of course I kind of expected a medical wonder but your solution is so much better. the ending is open and Neville is happy. it's great how you made it round and good. is there a sequel? it's really one of favorotes and I'm immensly satisfied with it but I awohld loc a to learn more about it. until now it fits right into cannon but the rest could be a bit more AU? oh I'm really excited .
it was one of my best reads.
NoMrDarcy chapter 1 . 6/4
Hi! I don't know if you read these any more, but man, I just want to thank you so much for this story. Heart-wrenching and well-written and nuanced. It really meant a lot.

So - Thanks :)
MadHatter.Roar chapter 34 . 5/17
I truly do not understand why this story doesn't have more favs. Truly the best fic I've read in a very long time.
Ella The Puff chapter 34 . 5/13
Sequel? Or epilogue? Or something so I can stop crying? This story is the best thing ever!
Acutagava chapter 1 . 4/29
Your story was amazing!
thepajamaqueen85 chapter 34 . 4/10
This was wonderful to read!
dark-wolf-howl chapter 34 . 3/6
the ending was perfect. im in tears right now, i love the focus on Neville and his family. AND the discreet friendship between Lupin and Snape

sniff sniff the story was beautiful

fitting ending for Bellatrix
this is my favorite fanfic that I have ever read. thank you so much for this experience. I've read so many stories for over 5 years and this is definitely my favorite.
Mattymo153 chapter 8 . 1/22
I'm curios about this different take on the long bottoms fate with being kidnapped an all but in brittion its 17 and wizarding brittion which is almost 2 centuries behind the age of majority is 17 not 18 like america so it's always been the same and also Harry and Neville lost there parents around October and November even adding a week for York take they have birthdays in July so the would still be 1 for both of them...
1,331 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »