Reviews for Becoming Neville
the.omnipresent.quaffle chapter 4 . 7/2/2015
Poor Alice. Poor Frank. Poor, poor Neville.
When she kept calling him James, I could just see Remus's face.
Elfin69 chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
Hopefully Neville will help bring Harry out of his gloom. Molly needs to not contradict herself when she says that Ron was helping the twins and then says he was having a hard time as the reason for Harry not visiting.
Mysticantrix Luscinia chapter 34 . 6/29/2015
Overall, a well written story, with a realistic plot. You have successfully portrayed Neville's feelings as the 'other kid in the dorm', a rare feat. The interactions between characters were immensely enjoyable. However, I was disappointed by the lack of consistency. The summary led me to expect a story about Harry, Neville and Remus deciphering a message in the candy wrappers, finding a way to improve Frank and Alice's condition, and Neville gaining confidence. The candy wrappers seemed to be the main point of the story, as it was the only part mentioned in the summary, but were not covered enough. The plot jumped around, from Dr. Driftwood to purification rituals to resisting the Cruciatus Curse to Alice locking her memories in Neville's head.

An enjoyable read, though I wish other important parts of the plot were mentioned in the summary so readers can know what to expect.
Guest chapter 34 . 6/28/2015
This story is awesome! :D
Winchester Squishy chapter 16 . 6/19/2015
I'm loving your story! Although I would really like to hit your Harry upside the head repeatedly! Sorry,just had to get that off my chest!
vickyloka chapter 1 . 6/18/2015
Hi there! So, just to be clear I've read the entire thing already, so I'm just leaving a general comment about the whole fic. Where should I start? There aren't enough good fanfics about Neville out there (believe me, I've looked, so if you know of any others, please let me know) and I just think you portraited him so well and everybody else for that matter, I actually felt like I was reading a missing part from the books and your plot? That's something J.K would be proud of, I'm sure.
The way you handled the mistery and still had a million other things going on in the story was amazing and I really loved how you finished. There was a part of me that expected everything solved by the end, but I think your way was better and even more realistic. So I really just wanted to thank you for the lovely weeks of reading, it was a great part of my day when I could stop and read this, you are most talented! Congrats!
Padmus-Orion-Black chapter 34 . 6/3/2015
OH COME ON! I mean Amazing Story, absolutely Brilliant, but TO END IT THERE?! Thats not fair Jedi Rita!
Milinette chapter 14 . 4/30/2015
It's incredible how you managed to write a Harry who is so canon. JKRowling wouldn't have done better. Congrats
purpleMurex chapter 34 . 4/20/2015
This is an amazing story :D
Xiaou Nem chapter 34 . 4/17/2015
Awww!
This story really touched my heart.
Xiaou Nem chapter 33 . 4/17/2015
I adore your portrayal of Snape! He times his compassion and has categorized his sighs! Wow! This is so funny and sarcastic - and amazingly logical!
My favourite: Snape absolutely hated to be around crying people. He inevitably wanted to shake them, which of course only made things worse. He managed to restrain himself and let Lupin have what Poppy liked to call a 'good cry'. Four and a half seconds seemed like a reasonable time. A grown man ought to have gotten it out of his system and be able to pull himself together.

The concept of the vegetarian werewolf pales in comparison to how amusingly you describe Snape and his inner thought processes.
Xiaou Nem chapter 28 . 4/17/2015
Haha!
All hour characters are great! I love the Snape-Lupin interaction! And Neville feels so spot on!
And this, this was hilarious!:
And I do advise you to stick close to me, lest some unscrupulous wizard abduct you, chop you up, and sell your liver to me as a potion ingredient. I would be greatly distressed to buy a product of such inferior quality."
Sooo many funny things in that sentence!
You make Snape so human and so likeable!
nanaeleanor chapter 6 . 4/6/2015
I like the story so far especially because I always thought there might be something interesting about those candy wrappers. Its a great starting point for a mystery. The narrative moves along nicely, but I can't help making a comment about your characterization of Harry and Neville. Most fanfics depict Harry as behaving and speaking like a much older person. A bit too much maturity even for one who has had such experiences as Harry. In this story Harry and Neville are sixteen or nearly so, but they act like twelve year olds. Nevilles lack of confidence might still invade his thoughts occasionally, but his time in the DA and his performance at the Ministry had gone a long way in dispelling his self doubt. Harry also seems a bit too childish for a sixteen year old. And the crawling into each other's bed? I don't think any boys over twelve would do that. Unrealistic.
dancesontrains chapter 34 . 3/26/2015
Oh, that was bloody brilliant!
sarablack chapter 34 . 3/25/2015