Reviews for Becoming Neville
katiek121 chapter 34 . 6/13
This is a unique and good story! I hope you wrote a sequel.
sumlip chapter 34 . 6/9
Oh God that ending... I'm sitting in class with tears in my eyes...
teedub chapter 34 . 5/30
I can't believe I have never stumbled upon this story before now. I've been reading HP fanfiction for like seven years now and judging by the favorite and review count, I should have read this long ago.

I really enjoyed this story. Not everything was fixed or resolved with a pretty bow at the end. It was a great slice of life for all the characters but they still have things to do, accomplish, learn, etc.

We sort of knew while watching neville's memories that his parents wouldn't be healed. Alice's words "i'm doomed" when contemplating not fighting to save neville or her husband told us all we needed to know.

Neville was a star in this. He usually get's short shrift in stories, relegated to a side kick or supporting role only when someone is needed to observe something. He was fleshed out in this story and I love his character even more now.

In particular, I loved neville's observations of Snape and witnessing the banter between snape and Tonks and Snape and Remus. Neville is one of the few people that can see beneath his cantankerous surface to find the real person beneath.

Overall, a very enjoyable story that didn't drag, get bogged down in angst and kept a good flow.
cimmer chapter 34 . 5/15
What a wonderful, wonderful story. I loved your Neville and his Gran and his quiet strength and his relationship with Harry and Ron and everyone else. I also very much enjoyed your lively Tonks and this mystery and your Snape and Remus. It wasn't just Neville that grew up over the summer, it was all of them, well maybe not Tonks lol. Your OC's were well rounded and interesting and I very much liked Lorien. I also enjoyed the bits about Neville's magic being interfered with possibly by his mother's memories? And definitely by not using a wand of his own. It was a lovely story with a bittersweet ending that seemed just right. Thank you.
mattmurduck chapter 34 . 5/13
Ending this with the lullaby was absolutely heart wrenching. In the good way.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 10 . 4/18
I'd think Harry would be more understanding of people trying to keep him cooped up since he was trying to keep Sirius cooped up, and look what happened when HE went awol!
That last sentence is somehow both heartwarming and sad.
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 34 . 4/16
You should have made this so much longer. I don't want it to end. I both love and hate the ending. I love it, because it was very good writting, it fit well, and gave my heart a good squeeze. But I hate it because you should have made a sequel where they do get better :( I want them to be fixed... Ah well, it does make the story awesome in so many ways. Thankyou for writting this.
uberwald chapter 34 . 4/12
I read this story years ago, and just stumbled upon it to read again. I'm a little sad that you never wrote any more to this story, with the bittersweet ending, but I'm very happy that you wrote what you did. Thanks!
jadethetroll chapter 34 . 3/19
oh wow. while i as a reader don't like that the story ended as all stories can't go on forever, the end is rather abrupt. but i though it over and i think that this ending made me feel better, as any continued story could. because there is hope. i certainly unterestimated the feeling of hope before
fanficti0naddict chapter 34 . 3/3
I LOVED THIS! everybody was so true to character and I ADORE your Neville. I want more. I want to immerse myself into the little world you created here.
Corwyn chapter 34 . 2/17
What a lovely story. Thank you ever so much for sharing it with us.
quin3218 chapter 34 . 12/1/2016
LOVE LOVE LOVE
psychopixi chapter 34 . 11/24/2016
This is the best story I have read that focuses on fleshing-out one of the secondary characters from HP. I love Neville's development through the course of this story; his confidence and self-esteem increasing as he learns more about himself, his past, and his family. I enjoyed Remus and Severus's awkward friendship, and Neville's own growing relationship with his previously terrifying professor. I thought the plot line surrounding the Cruciatus Curse was original and interesting, and I liked all of the OC's you introduced - even if I didn't exactly like them all as people! I found the ending very poignant, and thought it worked very well. I like the open-ended finish, which I found tear-jerking but on balance a hopeful and positive close to the story. Neville didn't get the miracle cure he fantasised about (and which we probably all recognised as unrealistic) but he did get to see the beginnings of improvement from Dr Chatterjee's treatment. Excellent fic, thank you!
norwich36 chapter 34 . 11/22/2016
This is one of my favorite Neville stories of all time. I also really love your Snape and Lupin, as well as your OCs (especially Dr. Chatterjee, who is completely delightful).
coolshava chapter 20 . 10/7/2016
dang. this is getting darker and darker, but I can't bring myself to stop!
1,357 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »