Reviews for Becoming Neville
kat callan chapter 34 . 6/30/2014
This has to be the best story ending I've ever read!
Thank you!
Anon chapter 23 . 6/11/2014
I love Dr. Chatterjee!
missgsmith51 chapter 34 . 6/8/2014
Very nice story - somewhat bittersweet but with a promise of better things to come in many ways. Is there a sequel? I guess I'll have to check. Thanks for a good read.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 6/8/2014
Snape rolled his eyes and gave his 'here we go again' sigh. "A vegetarian werewolf," he scoffed. "Now I've seen everything." ROTFLOL! That was a good one!

If I didn't know better, I'd think that Snape cared for Remus in a deeper way. I even think he's starting to like Neville. I'm not sure there's much hope for him to like Harry, unfortunately.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 6/8/2014
So, is Bella really dead? What will happen to Lupin as a result? Will he be executed? Or will they clean up the mess once Lupin is back to normal, hide the cause of death, and move on?
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 6/8/2014
Sorry, Snape ... your secret's out! Expect strawberry phosphates everywhere you go now! (I expect the Hogwarts elves will start serving them, too!)
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 6/8/2014
What do they expect, after eating themselves into oblivion, then drinking fire whiskey doing the daydream charm? They're lucky headaches and nausea are the worst of it. F&G were kind of irresponsible, although they at least stopped Neville's daydream and hot him to bed.

I wonder what Gran will say about the memory charm.
missgsmith51 chapter 23 . 6/8/2014
Finally, Neville! I'm glad you stood up to Harry. I love Harry, and I think he has gotten a raw deal on nearly everything in his young life. I understood his anger in book 5 and supported it. I even understand his grief and anger here, even against Snape. However, I do not support his anger toward Neville and Remus, and I do not support his shooting down Neville's hopes with his personal hatred of Snape. Even Remus is moving past that.

I also hate Harry making Neville feel like a nobody when they are in their Gryffindor crowd. Harry should recognize by now that Neville has been one friend who has always been supportive of him through all of the nonsense at Hogwarts over the years. He deserves better from Harry than "fair weather friendship." The next time Harry ignores him, I hope Neville speaks up for himself.
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 6/8/2014
At least Gran took seriously what Dr. "Chatterbug" had to say. I hope they t are a Frank and Alice out of Mungo's. I also think Neville needs to tell Gran about what they learned from Hackenbush's brain. It sounds to me like Neville's parents may have been used as Test subjects."
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 6/8/2014
Remus's foray into Ron's Hackenbush memories were certainly enlightening. I hope Remus or Neville tell Snape.

Neville's feelings at the end are troubling. I hope he says something to Harry rather than just stewing about it. I'd hate to see him do something foolish. There is enough of that going on already.
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 6/8/2014
I just hope Neville isn't being set up for a big crash-and-burn fall. I would hate to see something bad happen to him. I'm betting, though, that it will be Snape who recovers those memories ... through Legilimancy.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 6/8/2014
Nettlethorne reminds me of Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

It looks like there's something still going on in Alice's brain. I hope Snape's friend is able to help.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 6/8/2014
Sometimes Harry needs to give it a rest with his Snape-bashing. (I don't like him, either, but he might want to help.) Snape said exactly what Hermione said about Driftwood, and not with any prompting. I think he's genuinely suspicious of Driftwood, too.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 6/8/2014
Oh, this is beginning to get gripping. Perhaps Gran ought to pull Frank and Alice out of St. Mungo's and move them to 12GP and have Snape take a look at them. Poppy, too.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 6/8/2014
Actually, talking to that disgusting, sneering portrait might be a good way to build up tolerance to Bella's intimidation tactics. That is what usually freaks out Neville, and if he's used to it, he might be able to ignore her cr*p in a battle situation. He might even learn a few things to use against her.

Is it just me, or did Nurse Nettlethorne seem a little "twitchy" about letting Neville see his parents' files - "twitchy" as in having something to hide? As for "driftwood," I would simply ask Snape straight up if any potions ever use it - either good ones or poisons - and what its effects are. My first thought when Hermione said "driftwood" was "Rookwood," the Death Eater. But then I began to think of ways the Longbottoms could have been KEPT in their current condition deliberately instead of being allowed to heal.
1,299 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »