Reviews for Looking for Magic
mamahd chapter 83 . 10/4/2016
I dont know where you learnt the worm song or if its known out of the UK but my mum sung it when i was little and to see it in a fanfic just blew my mind! I thought it was something my mum made up or something because its so weird and ive never read/heard it anywhere else.
Voldemort II is just ...*shudder*. I cant describe the revulsion. My skin is crawling at the idea! Euck. I can not wait to read more!
mamahd chapter 71 . 10/3/2016
So many things happened i this chapter im sure im going to miss lots i want to comment on. 1. Minerva and the mice- Super Funny 2. Harry's power of deduction was incredibly sweet 3. Bill's power of deduction was also hilarious 4. I do hope they can remove the dark mark and im soooo looking forward to reading about the Marked Man and the Maiden this sounds like an interesting subplot.

I love how all the little plots play out and i have never been left to wonder about anything for too long. There is nothing i can think of that has been forgotten, shoved under the rug or unanswered. You regularly peak my interest on a topic, get me really thinking about it and then in a few chapter something happens and its wrapped up neatly or it keeps cropping up, like the exploding potion incident or the seduction of Minerva. Great job. I love this story.
mamahd chapter 63 . 10/2/2016
Oooh i could just throttle Albus! He needs to leave Hermione and Severus be!
mamahd chapter 61 . 10/2/2016
I can not even begin to describe how much i cried during this chapter. The scene with Hermiones parents just broke my heart! You write so beautifully that i cant help but feel every emotion deeply. Wonderful job!
mamahd chapter 56 . 10/1/2016
There are so many feels in this chapter!
mamahd chapter 54 . 10/1/2016
I am absolutely loving the "little extra's" Albus is putting in Serverus' paypacket, please please let there be more because they are freaking hilarious. Goodness i wonder if he does similar for the other professors? Maybe he give Minerva toy mice and catnip? I just love the Weasley twins, 60 minute fantasy sounds wonderful but i think id need atleast another hour to recuperate afterwards haha
mamahd chapter 53 . 10/1/2016
Sneaky sneaky Remus throwing poor Harry & Ginny under a bus! That made me laugh so hard. Lets hope Albus doesnt say anything to Molly haha.
Im a little concerned about Daniel Schuler and his plotting though, at first i thought he was harmless but now im wondering if he has malicious intentions. Why does he want to know Hermione's Geneology, she isnt a pedigree puppy!
mamahd chapter 45 . 10/1/2016
OH MY GOD! SHE KISSED HIM! *Dances* this makes me so incredibly happy! I can just see the look on his face now. I can also see lots and lots of thought being spent worrying over what that means for poor Severus! He is going to drive himself crazy
mamahd chapter 36 . 9/28/2016
Wow! I was really starting to like Adam until this chapter. What a douche to pressure Hermione for "intermacy"! I thought he was better than that but he is clearly an idiot.
mamahd chapter 28 . 9/27/2016
Oh I do love Minerva. She seems like the only friend Severus has at Hogwarts so far in this story.
mamahd chapter 23 . 9/26/2016
Why did no one suggest Neville? Pomona is out of the country but surely Neville could help identify the leaf?
I also love McGonagall's dedication to the order, such sacrifices she has to make haha
mamahd chapter 10 . 9/26/2016
I honestly think you've done the impossible with this story and made me like Ron, Lavendar and Pavarti. I didn't even know that was possible. I've always disliked Ron and all the fics i've read (even the non- Ron-bashing fics) have supported that feeling, but as he picked up little Mary Ellen i kinda fell in love with him a bit. Same for Lavendar and Pavarti, I always hated them but with how they are genuinely caring for Hermione is so heart warming and I just cant hate them now. Well done on the superb writting and all the feels. Im going to try to stop sobbing now and read on because this is awesome! I just had to let you know my new love for R, L & P is because of you.
Zedoc chapter 115 . 9/2/2016
Im completly in love with this story, thanks for sharing and please write the next chapters sooooooooon! Thanks
carmine.vesper chapter 84 . 8/31/2016
I giggled so much during this chapter!
Nini the Electrocuted Sheep chapter 115 . 8/2/2016
Hi! I stumbled across a recommendation for this fic on the FB group "HP More Than an Outsider" and boy was the rec right. I absolutely *loved* this. Of course I loved most the fact that it was 115 chapters already written – but really, the first few chapters were really good and I got hooked real fast.
I can't say that I'm much of a SSHG fan, but I've read enough fanfiction to be able to appreciate a well-written piece even if it's not my favorite pairing. In fact it says a lot that I managed to enjoy the story even though it doesn't feature a pairing I'm usually into. Also, you paired them VERY well. Most of the canon traits we know of Snape and Hermione were in there, and whatever artistic license you took fleshing their characters went very well and they appeared highly compatible.
I also loved what you did with other canon characters – Draco Malfoy especially, as well as all the Order. Having lots of the favorites (like Remus and Tonks) just LIVE is a nice plus, and I can totally get onboard with the casualties you chose for the confrontation of June 21st (like Ron, who I'm only slightly fond of and who makes total sense in the grand scheme of things within this fic).
Your original characters were all great, and all the depth you put into Avalon College and the American Wizarding world – not to mention integrating the computer boom of the 90s! – is so impressive. It's no small feat to try and represent the American world in a fandom that's entirely UK-based, and you managed it SO WELL. (I'm not an American so maybe I should reserve judgment – but then again, neither am I British, so whatever is portrayed of either these cultures in fiction is all I have to go on)
I love how Daniel Schuler was practically a squib but a genius in one particular brand of magic and basically lived as a muggle – it's one of the ways you showed how different American wizarding society is different from British/European.
I had a little bit of a love-hate relationship with all the science. I'm not a very learned individual, and certainly have little to no knowledge of herbalism, chemistry, physics, medicine, etc. – all of which was portrayed in quite staggering depth in this amazing story. So on the one hand, those particular parts of the story were slightly boring for me, but the amount of knowledge and understanding, not to mention research you probably did, was not lost on me. I was very impressed, and probably learned a thing or two. It was certainly fascinating to read as entertainment.
You've also probably educated a lot of people on cultures – the Native American culture with Professor Littlehorse, a bit if Orthodox Judaism with Judith Long, and in general I liked the cosmopolitan nature of the teaching staff and student body of Avalon. (Israeli girl here, so you got a big thumbs-up from me the moment you introduced Josepha Ben-Ari and mentioned Tel-Aviv :) )
One thing I felt was mentioned early in the story but was then missing from the rest of it was Hermione's faith. I think a few good paragraphs were devoted to her disillusionment with God and turning instead to the Goddess, setting up a shrine with flowers, candles and crystals – the whole shebang. And then, we never heard of it again. I think there were even a few occurrences where Hermione exclaimed 'Oh my God'. It bugged me because at the beginning of the story it seemed like A Big Deal, and then there was no mention of it at all.
Another thing that I didn't get – in fact I hated it – (sorry but this is going to be a long, honest review, lol) was the name for the Happy-Sleepy Potion. I liked the snake calling it that, it was a fun detail (you're REALLY good with finding the balance between serious and comic) but I felt Hermione and Snape letting the name stick was seriously out of character. I'm sure Snape would have found a very severe, medicinal-sounding scientific name for the potion, and Hermione would have given it a more of a layman's name for the Order to use. Even calling it plain old 'crack', 'crack cocaine' or something with the firebladder extract in the name would have worked much better IMO.
As for what's in store: I'm most waiting for the hilarious moment when Hermione and Snape both try the charms for a man to last longer during sex – each on themselves – it'll be so mortifying for them both when Snape just DOESN'T FINISH and it's been hours and they're both like WTF IS HAPPENING WHY US and Snape is all WHY ME FML. :)
Also really curious to see some final resolution with addicted, magic-deprived Voldemort. The near-possession scene at Azkaban was… chilling.
So to sum up… wonderful story. I've read your reasons for discontinuing it on your profile. I feel for you and was sorry to read about your loss. It's understandable that you've lost the drive to write this, especially since it's fluffy and you aren't exactly in a fluffy place in life right now.
I'm not going to be one of those reviewers who pressures authors to write. Goodness knows I hated receiving those reviews myself; "pls update soon" and "you HAVE to post MORE like NOW" aren't exactly friendly phrases for the muses to hear. So I'll just be adding this story to my Alerts, and who knows, maybe in a few years I'll get an email from the F F Net bot system with good news :)
All the best,