Reviews for Looking for Magic
Gemini969 chapter 18 . 2/9/2006
Thank you for the update! I'll be waiting to see the next one!
PheonixFlight chapter 18 . 2/8/2006
Lovely chapter, perfect for the transition between school and Uni. I especially enjoyed Hermione's feeling and relationship with the Goddess aspect of creation, it was simple and to the point and gave a strong sense of deeper understanding for her character. Funnily enough, I have a pendent very like the one you described. Will you be bringing more of the Goddess religion into this story?
severus-fan chapter 18 . 2/7/2006
I really enjoyed this chapter - how you described how each acted while drunk was amusing. If I were Hermione, when Charlie said, "We really, really love you too Hermione." I would've bat my eyelashes at him and asked him just how much he loved me? And then I would've laughed. And if he dared say anything else, I'd steal his tea from him and (joking of course) refuse to give it back. Then I'd cackle madly and leave the room. But I'm know for my eccentricities. I really loved this chapter, but I'm a little worried. When Hermione does leave for Avalon, will that be the end of the Severus/Hermione interaction? I sincerely hope not! Anyway, I hope you update very, very soon! Please? For a cookie?
Vennela chapter 4 . 2/7/2006
This is an awesome story... quiet gripping... you write like a professional... I'm surprised that there are very few reviews... anyway this is one of my favs :-)
evil-mastermind666 chapter 18 . 2/7/2006
awesome chapter!
brotherchaos chapter 2 . 2/7/2006
hypnobarb:

i wanted to write and tell you how much i am enjoying your superbly written story. i'm on chapter six now, but i had to come back and submit my review to chapter two, which was the first point at which my jaw became unhinged at your terrific display of subtlety, pacing, and verbal skill. i was astounded at your theoretical wanderings into the vagaries of potion-making, and it's so in-character for hermione to border on the compulsive when taking all the different factors into consideration; the complexities you drafted up here comprise by far the best rationale i've ever seen in a fanfic for hermione to evince such an aptitude and voraciousness for potions. which, of course, is fabulous foundation material for a snape/granger ship.

i'm sure i'll review again, hope you don't mind multiples from your readers, i just get so happy when i come across a fanfic author who is faithful enough to know canon and write in character, but who still retains the creativity and innovative nature that you've shown here to write a gripping and satisfying fic. hats off to you.

until next review )

brotherchaos
more secrets chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Oh my word, what a treasure this is to have found! I'm definitely putting you on my alerts list. You've got a great, dry sense of humor that really catches the reader at the most unexpected moments.
rinny08 chapter 18 . 2/7/2006
hm, this long fingered man hermione is invisioning wouldn't happen to have given her his hankerchief, now would he? ;-)

i was absolutely thrilled when you said this story was going to be longer than 60 chapters. i need a good long story to latch on to right now, as the last long one i was reading (Of Debts and Debt Collection...good story, i reccomend it if you haven't read it) is ending in a chapter or so.

update soon

rinny08
lady-rhian chapter 18 . 2/7/2006
Wonderful! Lots of insight here - the progression of Hermione's now-adult status, the eventual relationship with Severus, and the closure of her spiritual issues all fit in tightly and nicely here. The part about vibrators was particularly inspired, if I do say so myself. You really delved into Hermione in this chapter; her experiences actually came to have emotional connection & content ... very well done. :)
princesssfiona chapter 18 . 2/7/2006
Great chapter. It was good to see how Hermione has become an adult and realised that her parents death wasn't her fault.

Looking forwared to the next installment.

Cheers

Fi
duj chapter 18 . 2/7/2006
Long fingers and a non-fiction library; who could that possibly be?
Aldara chapter 17 . 2/5/2006
Nice chapter, Snape is very good at consoling Hermione. _

You know, for a moment when Hermione explained about her "deal with God" and how to better deal with Ron and Harry, she sounded very American to me. I'm German and spending a year as an au-pair in the US, everything American kinda jumps into my face right now... *g*
rinny08 chapter 17 . 2/2/2006
this story is fabulous! i like that you don't have snape and hermione just falling into bed like a lot of the others stories do, this is more natural.

please update soon

rinny08
Bjornsdotter chapter 17 . 2/1/2006
A very insightful moment with Snape; and will probably be the very begining for the two of them towards a relationship down the road. It always the little things that seem to matter the most. As always looking forward to the next chapter.

Cheers!
Bjornsdotter chapter 16 . 2/1/2006
O...a cliffhanger, how deliciously evil! I love it!

Cheers!