Reviews for Looking for Magic
PheonixFlight chapter 23 . 3/1/2006
The last two chapters were amazing. This chapter especially was a joy to read. The pace seems to be picking up now and I loved how the Malfoys are begining to feature more heavily. I can't wait to read the convrsation between Lucius and Severus::grin:: Loved the cooking and compliments::hehe:: Harry and Ron still manage to come across as totally immature which is very believable, it would have been strange if they had just suddenly matured. I love how Dumbledore had decided to take an attack stratagy towards the war,it makes a lot more sense than sitting around waiting for the shit to hit the fan. Severus lines and responses were priceless and very well written, I felt as though I were hanging on his every word. I'm wondering though if Remus and Snape will be able to restrain Harry and Ron from going after Malfoy, they still seem to act as though they know better than everyone else. Am I wrong in thinking they will do something that might put them or Hermione in danger in the near future? anyway, thanx again for a wonderful update and I look forward to more!
Jinxd n cursed chapter 23 . 3/1/2006
I really like your writing style and I like how things are developing slowly but not too slowly. However, I think you have a tendency to focus too heavily on details. There are certain things that (presently) don't make a lot of sense to go so heavily into detail about. (Ex. The roast beef) It's not to say you don't have a reason but right now, I question your reasoning.

And of course, that was the pot calling the kettle black considering I'm the queen of doing just that. I can't write my OTP for crackers. (But I write a mean DMHG if I do say so myself). Anyway... Do keep up the good work and I can hardly wait for the next chapter.
Siren34 chapter 23 . 2/28/2006
I really liked this new chapter.

I am glad that Severus is treating Hermoine more like an adult.

I wonder what will happen when Severus and Hermoine are setting up the lab.

Can't wait to read more.

Please update soon
Purplygirl11 chapter 23 . 2/27/2006
You know what would be amusing? Severus showing the leaf to Hermione and her knowing what it is, but acting like any moron would know what it was...hehe...he'd probably get all up tight and angry, lol. Anywho, update soon! ~Joani
snapedreamer chapter 23 . 2/27/2006
Now that explains a little about the leaf and very well thought out. I know i said this before, "Really you go into good detail on this story, explaining every single thing and making it sound right, unlike some stories i have read, that is made up but not very well thought out. But you have a covered almost thing, well not everything but you know. This chapter is nice and clear and easy to understand. You really do your homework on this. Very clever.

Edania ( who has to run to class and 20 mins late)
rinny08 chapter 23 . 2/27/2006
wonderful, as usual.

those sandwitches made me hungry. ;-D

update soon

rinny08
duj chapter 23 . 2/27/2006
The chapter seems a bit flat. I think it's becayse it's all "talking heads". Any dialogue more than a couple of lines long needs to be anchored in some activity the protagonists are engaging in. Some writers call this THAD, Talking Heads Avoidance Device. Conference meetings are especially prone to this problem, but you can solve it to some extent by paying attention to body language.
princesssfiona chapter 23 . 2/27/2006
Well, Sev and Hermione working together in the cellar - alone! next chapter - looking forward to it *grin*

I'd love to read Sev cooking dinner for the boys and them having to eat the meal - I can just imagine Sev terrorising them before I while they eat hehe

Cheers

Fi
lady-rhian chapter 23 . 2/26/2006
This is big, huge, oh my goodness - such a deftly handled turn of plot is to be commended. I love the scenes with Severus and the Order - it lends so much reality, dare I say even insight? into the characters. It also, of course, indulges all of our crazed curiosities about what JK does with them! The handling of the Malfoy family right now is just superb. I have virtually nothing constructive to say about this chapter, save that I cannot wait for the next one - which, I hope, is the scene with Hermione and Severus with the potions!

All the best,

L.R.
severus-fan chapter 23 . 2/26/2006
Another fantastic chapter. I'm really enjoying this story, and finding a brand new chapter in my inbox was wonderful. It made my night. Making Lucius into a spy is a bit of a risk, but hopefully everything will turn out okay. What I'm worried about, is if it looks like the Order is losing the war, will Lucius switch sides completely? But Voldemort would have to find out he's a spy first. Otherwise Lucius could just sit on the fence. Yep...Yeah...anyway, awesome job, and UPDATE SOON!
MiMschi chapter 22 . 2/26/2006
this is a very good story. in my opinion you have every right so make up ur own characters even if that does not go well with canon. its fanfiction after all and you do a great job there.
Siren34 chapter 22 . 2/24/2006
Great new chapter.

I feel so bad for Severus, taking 2 Crucios so that Draco can remain safe.

I like Lucius so far, I am hoping that he will remain a loyal friend to Severus.

I can't wait to read more of this.

Please update soon
OzRatbag2 chapter 22 . 2/24/2006
Thank you for the compliment! :)

I do like the way this story is progressing and i can tell you're having a lot of fun writing it too. It shows as you explore the characters in a new setting, and let them unravel aspects of each other. There is still a sinister undercurrent, but it's tempered by a healthy dollop of hope.

I love Hermione's graduation present to herself - and I can see her using her tried and true study techniques in her...explorations. The idea of Draco hunting out the adult sites is just a gorgeous counterpoint and one that he may well slip up on at some stage. I daresay if he had any idea of your unique initiation practice for the DE's, he'd be running very swiftly in the opposite direction.

I'll be avidly watching to see how you get Severus into the picture in the US. I do have a theory as to how you're going to achieve it, but I'll stay mum for now and just wait for it to wander out into the open (as it were). :D
rinny08 chapter 22 . 2/23/2006
i'm liking it more and more with every chapter. keep up the good work

rinny08
princesssfiona chapter 22 . 2/23/2006
Woohoo! I came home from work to find 2 chapters waiting for me - You marvellous woman!

I loved Hermione and her vibrator - great scene! I also like the way Draco and Hermione are interacting. I am enjoying where you are taking the characters - even Lucius. I'm getting quite fond of the man who is caring for his family. I wonder though what he will do with the info about Hermiones safety that Sev let slip - hmm, could be interesting in the future.

Love Sev - he rocks!