Reviews for Looking for Magic
Siren34 chapter 20 . 2/16/2006
Great new part. I love that Severus thinks he got Hermoine to do what he wanted without her knowing, of course she knew he was up to something.

I am glad that Draco seems to be so willing to try and start over with Hermoine.

I can't wait to read more of this.

Please update soon
rat-gal2000 chapter 20 . 2/15/2006
great sory so far. I think its going to turn out great
Purplygirl11 chapter 20 . 2/15/2006
I love the way this story is going! I read right through it so fast without meaning to. I hope you'll be updating soon! ~Joani
Amrun chapter 20 . 2/15/2006
I'm too busy to read through the other reviews and such at the moment, but MAN, am I catching a lot of errors I missed! Oh well. Such is life.

Something I meant to suggest before now, but didn't - have you considered submitting this to Ashwinder?
Purplygirl11 chapter 12 . 2/14/2006
I like that the story isn't being rushed, but hopefully soon there'll be more Hermione and Severus. ~Joani
OzRatbag2 chapter 19 . 2/14/2006
This is such a good story, that I really can't understand why it doesn't have more reviews. *perplexed*

I love the detail, the weaving of a story out of everyday occurences and then adding a new slant to things to flesh out the characters. It works very, very well and I can see this is going to be a long story, even without your author note a few chapters back.

I think the thing that resonates most is, that I really am hooked enough to want to see how it all works out. Sometimes, stories that place the lead characters (S&H in this instance) outside the bounds of Hogwarts can seem stilted, but I think that you've formulated the characters so well in the opening few chapters, that I'd be very surprised if that was to occur.

I don't think there was to much descriptive detail initially. There was a lot, but I think you needed to get the characters set in the universe you've extrapolated from - and that takes time. :)

I can't help wondering why you've not posted this to Ashwinder, for you'd surely get a few more reviews for your story there (I would hope).

As it stands, i love the tentative interaction with Hermione and Severus, the subtle manipulation to stir Draco away from his upbringing and obligations, the way the teachers operate as individuals and interact as a cohesive team, and most of all, envy at watching it all come together through some stellar writing and descriptive passages.

I'm looking forward to watching you unravel each thread, for there are many to choose from. It promises to be one hell of a good journey. :D
PheonixFlight chapter 20 . 2/14/2006
I'm running out of adjectives to describe how great this story is::grin:: Another wonderful chapter, I loved the meeting with Severus, it was really believable. I also thought the first meeting with Draco was excellent, he's really trying to be nice::snigger:: I can't wait to see how you develope their friendship, and I also wonder how long it will be before Severus ends up teaching at Avalon, am I wrong in thinking that he will go there sooner than expected?
CathRakka chapter 2 . 2/14/2006
Awesome story!
Toto chapter 6 . 2/13/2006
In regards to Chapter 6, if I remember correctly the Dark Mark is located on the left forearm. It would, therefore, be difficult to press his left had to it.

Aside from that - wonderful story so far! Keep it up. :)
Edania chapter 20 . 2/13/2006
Well here i am again! lol

Again a good chapter, i can see that Herm, got a little shocked but they both seem fine..hm but what next? Any plans from the dark lord? I have to say this chapter was very real , and made really believe that they were college ( which i am so they act a bit is somewhat i see all around)

Till the Next chapter!

-Edania
duj chapter 20 . 2/13/2006
"Malfoy ... said he wanted the journal to end up in Arthur's hands ... using innuendo and suggestions to send the Aurors his way ..."

Impressive suggestion, though I don't believe it can be supported in canon. There was no mention of Aurors raiding the Burrow, though the car incident did get Arthur in trouble. on the other hand, it can't be ruled out. Perhaps he tried, but the Aurors didn't listen.

"Malfoy has always treated Hermione horribly..."

Naturally they wouldn't notice that Hermione was the one who started with him, not vice versa. In first year canon, he feuded with Harry and Ron and picked on Neville, but he never did anything that was directed against her. (It was Ron he was trying to get into trouble about Norbert.)

Their first confrontation came in CoS, when she pushed her way in to a confrontation between the two quidditch teams, with a very damaging (and ultimately unproven - the new team brooms could have been a celebration or sponsorship gift after he was chosen) insinuation that his place on the team was not deserved, but bought. He then responded to her insult with one of his own. He had never previously called her that; she'd obviously never even heard the word before.
rinny08 chapter 20 . 2/13/2006
ah yes, pizza. there is nothing better than pizza.

update soon!

rinny08
Mrs. Touchstone chapter 20 . 2/13/2006
WOW, i really like it...first time ive ever read your story and im hooked. Glad i found it...cant wait for you to update...toodles
severus-fan chapter 20 . 2/13/2006
Another awesome chapter. I'm glad Hermione realized Severus was manipulating her. I hope Draco doesn't screw this up - him and Hermione could become good friends (I'm not saying best friends, but good ones). I love pizza...and now I have a craving for some. I loved Anita..she seems very nice. Please update soon! Very soon! :o)
lady-rhian chapter 20 . 2/13/2006
I love the idea of Hermione being on the clock, Anita is delightful, and Draco and Hermione trying to start over? Definitely great!

I do, of course, differ in your opinion on what constitues the best pizza in Chicago. Give me Unos & Dueys or Ginos any day ... :)

Great update! Can't wait for more.
5,918 | « Prev Page 1 .. 378 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 .. Last Next »