Reviews for Bride and Prejudice
Elf from Downunder chapter 6 . 10/26/2014
My English class just watched Bride and Prejudice for our film topic (looking at Bollywood production), and I really enjoyed it! I haven't read the original book, although I am considering it. :) I like reading your story from the POV from Lalita and Darcy - the awkward lap scene you made up was very funny.

I loved the movie, and I enjoy your story! I know it's been years, but it would be nice to see an update one day :)
anonymous chapter 6 . 1/2/2014
um just saying but aren't u basically just writing the movie? its not a fanfic except for the lap part
and uh the british were taken to be imperialists because of oppression in india with the war during mahatma gandhi's time. so darcy was running around like a tyrant saying oh hey i wanna take over this place and make some big bucks and turn non india in india into my money making factory. [goa is a western settlement so it's not really indian, darcy was ignorant to that part, lalita told him that] so because of lalita telling him that this pretty place is not indian, she said that he wants to have ppl come into india the country without experiencing indian people or culture, which is kind of tyrannical and imperialist for the fact he is taking over. So that's why she called him and imperialist. He said he was not British because of British oppression in India, and when he said he's American and she said Exactly! I'm not that's my translation which i think makes sense.
lovingyouisbest chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
I read pride and prejudice a loooong time before watching this movie. I actually found out bride and prejudice even existed becouse I looked up the pride and prejudice movie in netflix and this one was the second option that popped up, Bollywood isn't really all that popular where I come from, I did love this movie though, it gives a different perspective to my all time favorite book.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/11/2013
i thought we got rid of imperialists like you.
also in chapter 2 balraj tells kiran to stop being such a coconut not a cobra (i watch with subtitles lol. that way u dont miss anything) um...its kind of a joke in the culture cos coconuts are brown on the outside and white on the inside eg. too westernised
:D
Allie chapter 6 . 12/18/2012
Loved it! REALLY well written :)
IslandGem chapter 6 . 3/28/2012
Pride and Prejudice is one of my fave books and the BBC film adaptation of it (with Collin Firth) is the best one in my humble opinion. I watched Bride and Prejudice and loved it. The contemporary and Bollywood style mixed in with the classic tale retold..loved it! I recently saw it again and then wanted to check out the ff written on it and came across yours. It's really well done and I sincerely hope you're going to finish it someday soon :) Cheers for sharing!
Fred's Spirit chapter 6 . 1/18/2011
What the hell? you haven't updated in 4 freaking years? update NOW before I kill you! I love this story and just watched Bride and Prejudice for the third time. Yeah, not as obsessed as you, but whatever. UPDATE!
K8Y chapter 6 . 11/6/2010
Kholi is SOOO much funnier! Mr. Collin's was just annoying, but Kholi is amazing! And "No Life Without Wife"? FANTASTIC! :D oh,on a side note this story is brilliant. :P lmao! Continue it?
k8yxx chapter 4 . 10/11/2010
Wow. Very dramatic. Wats nxt
k8yxx chapter 2 . 10/11/2010
The characters are put in reallyg well. If there was ever a book this wud be it.
k8yxx chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Wow. Iv neva managed to watch the film but 4rm ur writing it seemz like awesome. This is great so far.
B.E.W chapter 6 . 1/12/2010
the answer is “I don’t you turning India into a theme park. I thought we got rid of 'imperialists' like you!”
BP fan chapter 6 . 1/2/2010
Great fanfic! it respects what happened in the movie.

You're giving details about what the characters are thinking and it's just great. Bellathedisenchanted is right, your fic is too good to let go.

When I saw the movie, I hadn't read Pride and Prejudice yet but I am right now (for school).

Hope you'll update.
bellathedisenchanted chapter 6 . 12/22/2009
That was one fantastic fic! I've just finished watching Bride and prejudice and lo, I think I'm getting the movie craze once more.

Anyway, I love the way you've kept everything the same as the movie but added new bits here and there.

I'm a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice, its definitely my favourite classic and book, and I reckon Bride and Prejudice is a fantastic adaption. I read P&P before watching this movie (in answer to your question at the end) but it was after I caught a glimpse of the dvd Bride and Prejudice in a store that the name Pride and prejudice sort of stuck with me and curiousty made me go find out what it was all about. Ironic, isn't it?

Anyway, I think its been a few years since you've updates, but I do hope you try to continue with this , its too good a fic to let go!
a.leeZ06 chapter 6 . 12/15/2009
I love this movie and I like that your making it readable as well. Afterall, it's hard to know what the characters are thinking and feeling in a movie at all times. You're doing a really good job and I hope you update.