Reviews for Lying Eyes
Jenndifurry chapter 23 . 3/14/2014
I so thought it was Angel... But now I see the signs book of slayer lore never made it to england... Duh *smacks forehead*.
Saving People Slaying Things chapter 50 . 3/30/2013
At first, I was hesitant about this fic. Good thing I stuck with it! It's original, funny, sweet, and just plain amazing! I absolutely loved it!
chase3136 chapter 50 . 10/26/2012
Brilliant story! You had me worried there for a minute when Angel turned up, I knew that it was him on the phone to Faith! Grr. That vamp gets my blood boiling I tell ya! As soon as he turned up at Buffy's front door I got all growly, seriously. But I loved how you handled it, how Buffy handled it. She didn't forget Spike like she does in a LOT of other fics and I felt so triumphant when she peiced things together on her own, and so quickly. Yey! I almost didn't mind that she kept him alive so long. That creep really should have just stayed in hell after season 2, but then I suppose there's got to be an evil bastard (who acts good and decieves the hero) in every story. Unfortunately. *grumble*
ANYWAY! Off topic. I LOVED this story and the suspence and the build and the angst and the, well just everything. You got it down, mate. In character, the whole shebang. Xander surprised me with his easy acceptance of Buffy and her decisions which he didn't do, and was a total wanker in the series. But I loved your Xander, lovely surprise and I'm really glad.
I always get so het up when it comes to Buffy and her drama with men, but this was almost soothing once I got over Angel's appearance, haha! And I always felt sorry for Faith in the series but in this fic I loved hating her!
Brilliant! I say.
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Neat! I like it. :) Very awesome, as well as very well-written, too - especially this part:

There were times when the whole world didn't seem worth the sacrifice she had made.

And with that thought, she remembered why she had volunteered to work so many extra hours. She hated working at the diner. She hated the smell of stale grease and fried foods and cigarette smoke.

She despised the disgusting, lecherous overweight middle-aged men who frequented it and called her "Baby" and "Sweetheart" and "Doll" affectionately as if they actually knew her, and then checked out her backside the moment they thought she wasn't looking. She hated not doing or saying anything about it when she knew that she could, just because she had decided it was best to keep a "low profile".

She hated the long, hard hours of difficult, fast-paced work for what little she made in tips. The diner was busy, and hectic, and rushed…and left her no time to think. And that was the single reason why she stayed, why she asked for extra hours until her back and feet and head ached and she was too exhausted to think of anything but sleep.

Thinking…well, it was not so much of the good anymore. She knew too well that if she stopped to rest, even briefly, if she gave her mind time to reflect on all she had done, all she had left behind…then, then her past would catch up with her.

Wow. This implies to me that Buffy has been thinking over a lot of things - her past, her running away to Los Angeles, her working hours that are long and hard ever since she started her job as a waitress at Helen's Kitchen. Then there is the having to deal with the middle-aged male customers who frequent the restaurant and, upon seeing Buffy, would refer to her as "baby", "peaches", "sweetheart" and "doll" among other things. In my mind, those men are the type of guys who are insecure, but instead of being upfront and honest about their insecurity, they try to cover up for it by hitting on (and sometimes sexually harassing) girls and women. A good example of that is the two roughnecks in the diner scene from "Anne". They eye Buffy lecherously before sexually harassing her. Then, when Buffy turns and begins to walk away, one of them reaches out and slaps her rump. Of course Buffy stops and starts to turn back to them, wishing she could tell them off. However, Buffy stops herself before she can do so, as not only is she in a position where she is unable to do or say anything about her being harassed in that way, but she has made a decision to keep a low profile - a decision that she now regrets and wishes she hadn't made at all. Oh, if only those men knew who they were harassing sexually. They wouldn't have done that, because if they somehow knew she was the Slayer and could teach them a lesson the hard way, they would treat her with respect, like a gentleman of old times would do with a lady.

Anyway, keep up your super-neat, very creative and phenomenally beautiful writing! :)
YuliaLeafhill chapter 50 . 4/25/2010
Hello,

I loved the story. Thanks for writing and sharing it.

~ L.C. WinterHalter
Sharon chapter 50 . 10/9/2009
I just re-read this story. I'd forgotten how much I love your Spike/Buffy stories. I miss them so much. I do enjoy your new muses, but the B/S muse will always be my favorite!

Thank you again for writing, and I hope you keep going for years!
Doni chapter 50 . 2/13/2009
Late to the party on this one, but just had to tell you this was a great story! I really loved what you did here!
thesafetypinking chapter 50 . 1/2/2009
i love buffy and spike together. i cried several times, yet found myself aroused several times as well. it was an amazing read, and the arrival of giles before angelus had me doubting my own thoughts. i always wondered why faith didn't do more with herself concerning the whole semi-rogue slayer thing. probably too dark for the show. excellent. i hope to read more of you in the coming days.
RedCloud13 chapter 50 . 11/27/2008
Brilliant, Well done. I loved it.
guitarbabe2005 chapter 50 . 9/4/2008
beautifully written love
Kemurikat chapter 28 . 3/8/2007
That was superbly, deliciously naughty!

Had to commend you for that chapter, had me in stitches, laughing. Oh, and not to mention twistedly aroused. Ahem.

Anyway, thought I'd drop a quick note of praise at how wonderfully this story is written so far. You've got Spike playing both sides of the line very well. Great dialogue and the plot is exciting.

Can't seem to tear my eyes off, even if I desperately need sleep right now.

Gotta read more chapters...snicker...
OccasionallyRestless chapter 50 . 2/18/2007
I love this story! You're a really good writer, kept me guessing 'til the end! I'm glad I stumbled onto this story!
Shallow-Misha chapter 50 . 2/12/2007
Wow...I'm speechless. You have completely destroyed the persona of Buffy that I have in my head and I do not have a problem with it. Haha this is a really good, well written story. Great job.
starzstruck-1 chapter 50 . 8/2/2006
Well, I'm not going to lie and say I LOVED the story... but I did enjoy it. You had a pretty good plotline going on, but a few things detracted from it. Mechanics and grammar,for one(but please don't take that personally; I have a fettish, lol), and Spike's character for the other. I guess I just couldn't see the Big Bad as being so... well, whiny is the only word I can come up with off the top of my head. I don't think it fits the best, but I haven't the patience to try to find a better term, lol. I also thought the relationship between the two blondes was kind of rushed. Other than that, though, I think you did a great job, and I hope my comments didn't offend you, because overall, I really like your work.
ilovelobsters chapter 50 . 7/22/2006
So, so, so perfect! I absolutly loved the whole entire perfect story!