Reviews for Merlin the B
Aerist chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Wow this was awesome , I've only just read the crystal cave and they are my new fave collection this was well written and in line with the story I felt I was reading it , fit perfectly
Adelina Le Morte March chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Wow! Very, very good! I recently read -and just plain ADORED- The Crystal Cave (I'm reading The Hollow Hills now, and thus far I love that one, too... How anyone could leave bad reviews for this series on amazon calling it "Too wordy" or "Too flowery" is beyond me!), and was delighted to find there was fanfiction for it.

What I like about your story is that it fits so perfectly with the original, like a puzzle piece. In fact, I honestly believe a scene like this WOULD have been in the book had it been told from third-person. I think there was just no possible way Mary Stewart could have managed it since she did the whole thing from Merlin's POV and he wouldn't have been present for such a conversation. I mean, she COULD have had him have a vision of it, but it would have been sorta pointless.

Anyway, great story, adding to favorites!
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Most excellent. Pleasantly in character and with a very natural flow. But for the change of perspective it would fit in most masterfully with the books.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Like most of the other reviews I see here, I come to this story years after you wrote it. I wish I'd seen it earlier, for you do a splendid job in capturing the characters and mood of the original novel - a long-time favorite of mine. You capture Ambrosius's stillness and self-command, his growing affection for his son, the conflict of that affection with his long-term love for his brother who is also his closest ally, mixed with the necessity of distrust in a complex political situation, and the inevitable challenge to the established order of succession that Merlin's very existence poses. That's a lot to balance in a short story, yet you do it all just beautifully in this strongly emotional scene. Many thanks for this gem of a story!
iris fibonacci chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Great story, well-drawn characters, and beautifully written. I really enjoyed this. Thank you.
JoAnn Stuart chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Well written! What a delight to read your missing scene. You kept Mary Stewart's voice and the characters intact except for one word that jarred. Stewart would have said "think with his head and not his body"-in fact, I'm sure she did. :) I love the way she writes. Her description is so vivid and lush. As is yours.

The Merlin trilogy is my all-time favorite read and has been for many a year. I am pleasantly surprised to find a delicious little tidbit here. Thanks for sharing what the muse prompted you to write.
anf600 chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
don't know if you still get reviews. stumbled across this and this 'addition' sounds very true to the story... well done.
Prevoyante chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Great work. You definately captured the idea of Uther and Ambrosius together. ...particularly Uther's way around thinking against Ambrosius'. Enjoyable read, nonetheless 3
Raisins-and-Kleenex chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
I love this story! It's a nice fit in the rest of the novel, and I love the way you got Uther's character. It is interesting that this scene wasn't in the novel, isn't it?

-R&K
goddess of all daleks chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
So I was rereading the Crystal Cave and thought I'd come online and see if I could unearth any good fic of it. I know that it's been years now since you posted this story, but I just wanted to leave a review to let you know how much I liked it! I thought it was very well written, and a great interpretation of how that conversation might have gone. Thanks for a fantastic read!
Heptagon chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Very good. I like it. This is the first 'Crystal Cave' fanfic I have read, and I can only hope the others are as good as this. Well written, and realistic, good portrayal of characters, too. :)