Reviews for Abraham's Son
CheetahLiv chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
A fascinating take on what may have happened after that episode. I thought your insight into Winn's complicated relationship with the Prophets was fascinating. And the parallel between what the Prophets asked of Sisko and what God asked of Abraham were chilling and very real. "I will live for them and die for them and teach their story for the rest of my days, and I will never forgive them." This line just perfectly sums up Winn's relationship with the gods who never spoke to her and the anger she surely felt at being ignored. To make a long review short, this was brilliant and perfect and an excellent coda to "Reckoning". Thank you for sharing this incredible piece of fiction with us. Well done!
TimeTravellingBunny chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Another great story! You said some things I've thought about the Prophets that I wanted someone on the show to utter at some point.

""The kind of Gods," Winn said, and her quiet voice was so low that he almost could not hear her, "who test the faith of their chosen people by leaving them at the mercy of a cruel enemy for more than sixty years. Do not speak to me of sacrifice, Jake Sisko. We gave our sons and daughters for decades before your father even knew how to spell our planet's name, and the Prophets were silent. They still are. I will live for them and die for them and teach their story for the rest of my days, and I will never forgive them.""

With that, you did the impossible: you made me actually like Winn.
Deljuj chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Pure Perfection
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
A great story. Very good.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Wow. And Ouch.
Tharin chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
I like this. I never thought much about Jake's feelings after this episode, but I guess he must have felt betrayed. The idea that Winn is the one who can perfectly understand him, is interesting. Once again, well written.
Nontacitare chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
This is an incredible story, and beautifully captures the spirit of the entire series.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
I love how your write Jake and Winn.
JadziaKathryn chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
This is really enjoyable. It's easy to see from here how Winn could end up turning against the Prophets.
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Interesting. Making me think about the Prophets thing again, which always makes my head hurt, but not necessarily in a bad way...

Totally spot-on Jake, I think.