Reviews for Tortured Truth
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 13 . 7/3/2006
ok, how did you get that amity park is in oregon? i live close enough to visit! that would be so cool!

i'm happy for danny. he has it so bad sometimes, and his family is always there for him. it makes me feel all happy! *smiles*

i love this story! WOOT!
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 11 . 7/3/2006
that's so sad! darn it! poor danny, i feel guilty when i run into my friend when i'm not looking, he could have killed them!
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 10 . 7/3/2006
crap. that's bad.

please don't tell me that this will become a danny and valerie fic, i don't like her. i don't even know why i'm worried, it doesn't make sense. still love the story!
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 8 . 7/3/2006
well that would present a freakin' huge problem.

i love this story!
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 7 . 7/3/2006
wow! i love this story! who would have thought that this world is so full of brilliant authors? i sure didn't! yipe!
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 6 . 7/3/2006
THIS. CHAPTER. ROCKS. MY. SOCKS! and i'm not wearing socks, so that makes it even better! you should be a professional writer, you have a real way of captivating people. just look at your review count and you'll see why! this story is going into my favorites!
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 5 . 7/3/2006
i'm gonna almost cry again! this story is so sweet! i have two quotes from it going into my profile soon! YOU ROCK!
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 4 . 7/3/2006
this chapter almost made me cry! and that's extemely hard...i somewhat lost that ability a while ago. so if you can almost make me cry, then you have a great chapter! *hands out cake*
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 3 . 7/3/2006
to tell the truth, i feel the worst for danny's parents. like you wrote, they tortured their only son almost to death. that's gotta be leaving mental scars...
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 2 . 7/3/2006

crap. TT_TT
Kyasarin-Maarukeehii1 chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
i can't even begin to imagine the pain he must be in . great first chapter!
Ohka Breynekai chapter 16 . 7/3/2006
OMG! Is there going to be a sequal? Was that Valerie opening the box? Oh, please let there be a sequal!

I loved this story! You did a great job on it!

Sequalsequalsequalsequal...

O.B.
WWMTgirl chapter 16 . 6/29/2006
was I in that mass of thanks?
kdm13 chapter 16 . 6/29/2006
You went to Wisconsin, what'd you do here, where'd you go exactly, Wisconsin Dells, please tell me. I think you ended the story beutifully. And commenting, it's not that hard, you just type.
SummersSixEcho chapter 16 . 6/27/2006
I've been writing this review since... err... two or three days ago? Sorry for the long wait.

I'll follow your standards when it comes to reviews simply because it's the logical way to do it: chapter first, whole story later.

Chapter:

What a perfect way to wrap it all up and leave it open at the same time. I really enjoyed this conclusion. Not only did the conflicts get the closure they required but you also set everything for the sequel, from the new alliances to the possible confrontations.

My favorite part is definitely the conversation between Jazz and Danny. It was both emotional and funny. (“Wow, that didn’t take long to get to.” - I could clearly imagine his tone and expression... loved it; “Did you write ‘wait for response’ after it?” one of my favorite comedic lines and a perfect example of a sibling talk/discussion; “Oh, you didn’t think that was actually true, right? I was just, you know, caught in the moment.” loved this one as well, absolutely in character).

The new partnership between the Fentons and Danny Phantom was a very good point to consider. I bet it will be hard for them to fight together since Jack and Maddie will be constantly worrying about their son and vice versa, but it would've been worse to keep appearances as rivals for the sake of his secret.

The invasion (which I almost forgot about, heh heh) was another great way to set everything for the sequel: Valerie blaming Phantom, the Fentons helping the ghost boy, Plasmius being officially blamed by Jack and Maddie on tv, and such. I also loved the fight between Danny and Skulker, I mean... poor kid, he needed to vent and he finally had a chance to do it without remorse (as opposed to the battle against Vlad, in which he felt somewhat sorry for him).

(I think I'm just jumping scenes, hehe)

As for Danny's final musings, it's really an awesome way to let it all sink in, to 'summarize' all the crazy events that followed something as simple as 'the mystery of the goo'. Just like this title states it: he got all he could ask for. He knows his family will be with him through it all and now feels more secure, comfortable, and free around them. With no more secrets, no more tension, and only a bright future ahead...

...or so we thought until we saw the last bit that prepares us for a sequel.

So, now that we're talking about the product as a whole, I guess I should move on to review the full fic.

Story:

Revelation fics are probably the most popular ones in any superhero-based fandom. However, it is rare to find one that's actually both good and realistic. And it is even uncommon to encounter one that is so thorough in each character's reaction -in this case Danny's parents- as in this jewel of fanfiction.

You explored every aspect of his fears and doubts, as well as the different scenarios Jack and Maddie went through: from hurting their own son, to facing the truth; from acting natural and comfortable around him, to genuinely accepting what Danny has become; from learning about the possibilities (an evil future, powers going awry, getting hurt), to willing to deal with the consequences; from helping him out, to fighting and working together.

I know that 'A Secret Uncovered' deals with Danny's revelation as well, but this one goes to the core of the way he and his family grow after the boy's secret is unveiled. When it comes to being realistic, analyzing every action and reaction psychologically, and showing that unbreakable bond between the Fentons, this is THE revelation story. Seriously, (going a bit off-topic) the two takes you've written on the same situation are phenomenal. While this journey is more home-centered and we knew that he would be accepted one way or another by his folks, you show another angle in ASU: genuine rejection, which is a great way to complement each other.

Anyway, (returning to this fic) like I've said on several occasions before, your descriptions and just your writing in general are excellent. You always kept everyone in character and never limited the comedic moments (a great example of this is precisely in this final chapter during the brother-sister conversation), you even paced everything perfectly with the action/fights and drama/angst.

This is definitely one of my favorite stories of all time. It had a great plot, it was thoroughly developed, it constantly showed a great depth in each circumstance, not to mention the awesome twists you inserted every now and then.

Thank you for writing such a stunning story and for spending so much time in it (who else would make a graphic with the time and distance that it would take for the Fenton RV to intercept Danny?).

And thank you for mentioning me, though I didn't really do anything. Also, you know I'll always support your work since 1) you're a wonderful and terrific writer, 2) it's the least I could do after all the support you've provided me.

Well... that's about it. Thanks for everything (again) and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next (including the sequel) ) Keep up the incredible work.

Your friend,