Reviews for Wit of the Raven
Regretti Spaghetti chapter 14 . 5/2
I gotta say, I'm really loving this story, your world building is my favorite part but the rivalry between Harry and Hermione is a close second. I like the different takes you have on the characters as well, nice change.
tanithlipsky chapter 14 . 1/24
I think that this has some potential but I am ignoring the jesus thing as it rubs me the wrong way.
aherm chapter 14 . 11/1/2016
Hey, pretty awesome unfinished fic here. If you ever come back to read this, feel no need to work on this man. Just read what's been created since you left. There's been some good shit.
DeiStarr chapter 14 . 10/21/2016
This is incredible! You've altered the Magical World - and the characters - so completely that this isn't even AU; it's AR - Alternate Reality. (Alternate Universes are essentially the same universe as canon, but with one or more different choices or circumstances altered that result in a butterfly effect of changes; Alternate Realities are just that - a world where reality itself is fundamentally different from canon.)

I am completely blown away by your creativity, and entranced by the incredible world you've created; enthralled by the characters, their interactions, and the storyline itself. This is so well-written, so interesting, and if it was a physical book I'd say that I couldn't put it down - I couldn't stop reading it; desperate to know what happened next and hungry for more.

Will you ever consider continuing this? It's beyond perfect; leaving it unfinished is a tragedy, and a crime against the fandom for depriving the world of fanfiction of the rest of your brilliance. I can't even begin to tell you how much I adore you for writing this, and I'll do almost anything if it will convince you to continue it.
Execute13 chapter 14 . 10/3/2016
I LIKE this Hermione. Very down-to-earth. Speaks with all the colours of a vomit-clad mosaic wall covered in gang signs.
Books85 chapter 14 . 9/21/2016
This Hermione's backstory had GOT to be a lot different than the canon Hermione. She seems to be a better representative of an abused child than Harry does.

It would be nice to know what you intended to do with her, but I am a realist and know the chances are nearly nil.

It was a great read while it lasted.
Books85 chapter 13 . 9/21/2016
The headaches that seem to steer Harry towards or away form specific actions is starting to worry me, assuming that Harry's scar still contains a sliver of Tom Riddle's soul in this AU.

Nicely spun tale. Thanks.
Books85 chapter 6 . 9/21/2016
Hi, I see that you wrote this some time ago (2006-2010) and it is excellent albeit unfinished. No, I am not going to nag you because it's unfinished. You were a student when it was started and people have this tendency to change a whole lot over the last years of education, so your ability to finish what is obviously a pretty involved reality is limited.

I want to say, Wow ! That is different, and intriguing, and original. I hope that creativity is having some expression neaarly a decade since the story was started. I also would love to know if you are still writing; if so what and where. It would be worth buying the book to see more of this inventiveness.

Thank you for sharing.
Hephaestus Grimalkin chapter 14 . 7/5/2016
hope you return soon its a good story
Guest chapter 5 . 5/15/2016
CHORUS
Two households, both alike in dignity
(In fair Verona, where we lay our scene),
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life,
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children’s end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage—
The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/27/2016
Snape is a muggle surname. Snape's mother who was a witch, her last name, and the line he is the Lord apparently if, is Prince.
Calmzone1 chapter 14 . 2/3/2016
very interesting read. Granger's character is a bit grating, it would be interesting to get more of her story so we can know why she swears like or worse than a sailor :) Also, curious what will happen with the Potter/Longbottom alliance now and will he ever discover Daphne's secret?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
Interesting
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 14 . 9/8/2015
Damn, that was good. Actually, the more the story advances, the better it gets.

For example, the first chapters before getting to Hogwarts Express were filled to the brim with exposition and theory. All that is good, but by itself it can get tiring. Very very tiring. Actually this is the second time I picked up this fic and, given that it was suggested as reading material from a trusted source, I had to power through these first chapters to see what it is all about.

Anyway, when we move past that hurdle and get to the next part of the story, all I have got to say is 'wow'. You have painted a magical world with dystopian qualities and ideas, a fact that enhances your storytelling. It is just so different than what we usually see. And in this case, different is good.

Also, good job with the dynamics and interactions between the protagonists- if I find myself getting angry at Neville or annoyed with Hannah it means you are doing something right.

Finally, I love what you are doing with the competitions. It gives your fic a similarity to Hogwarts Battle School ( I know, not fair to compare with something that was published later, but HBS could be actually classified as a genre, so there). Very interesting stuff.

I know it has been ages, but I strongly believe that this is one of the few stories worth updating. Nice one.
Catharmel chapter 14 . 9/8/2015
Best thing I've read in a long time.