Reviews for Wit of the Raven
Books85 chapter 14 . 9/21
This Hermione's backstory had GOT to be a lot different than the canon Hermione. She seems to be a better representative of an abused child than Harry does.

It would be nice to know what you intended to do with her, but I am a realist and know the chances are nearly nil.

It was a great read while it lasted.
Books85 chapter 13 . 9/21
The headaches that seem to steer Harry towards or away form specific actions is starting to worry me, assuming that Harry's scar still contains a sliver of Tom Riddle's soul in this AU.

Nicely spun tale. Thanks.
Books85 chapter 6 . 9/21
Hi, I see that you wrote this some time ago (2006-2010) and it is excellent albeit unfinished. No, I am not going to nag you because it's unfinished. You were a student when it was started and people have this tendency to change a whole lot over the last years of education, so your ability to finish what is obviously a pretty involved reality is limited.

I want to say, Wow ! That is different, and intriguing, and original. I hope that creativity is having some expression neaarly a decade since the story was started. I also would love to know if you are still writing; if so what and where. It would be worth buying the book to see more of this inventiveness.

Thank you for sharing.
chad.a.lichtenberg chapter 14 . 7/5
hope you return soon its a good story
CHORUS
Two households, both alike in dignity
(In fair Verona, where we lay our scene),
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life,
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children’s end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage—
The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.
Snape is a muggle surname. Snape's mother who was a witch, her last name, and the line he is the Lord apparently if, is Prince.
Calmzone1 chapter 14 . 2/3
very interesting read. Granger's character is a bit grating, it would be interesting to get more of her story so we can know why she swears like or worse than a sailor :) Also, curious what will happen with the Potter/Longbottom alliance now and will he ever discover Daphne's secret?
Interesting
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 14 . 9/8/2015
Damn, that was good. Actually, the more the story advances, the better it gets.

For example, the first chapters before getting to Hogwarts Express were filled to the brim with exposition and theory. All that is good, but by itself it can get tiring. Very very tiring. Actually this is the second time I picked up this fic and, given that it was suggested as reading material from a trusted source, I had to power through these first chapters to see what it is all about.

Anyway, when we move past that hurdle and get to the next part of the story, all I have got to say is 'wow'. You have painted a magical world with dystopian qualities and ideas, a fact that enhances your storytelling. It is just so different than what we usually see. And in this case, different is good.

Also, good job with the dynamics and interactions between the protagonists- if I find myself getting angry at Neville or annoyed with Hannah it means you are doing something right.

Finally, I love what you are doing with the competitions. It gives your fic a similarity to Hogwarts Battle School ( I know, not fair to compare with something that was published later, but HBS could be actually classified as a genre, so there). Very interesting stuff.

I know it has been ages, but I strongly believe that this is one of the few stories worth updating. Nice one.
Catharmel chapter 14 . 9/8/2015
Best thing I've read in a long time.
xvector chapter 14 . 7/3/2015
Undoubtedly one of the most creative and intriguing fics out there, with exceptional writing. Sad to see it abandoned.
HaleyD95 chapter 14 . 1/5/2015
I love your story and the way you changed so much about Hogwarts and the way magic works. I wish you would continue this story because I think it could end up to be a really great story to read.
dragonelfe chapter 14 . 12/15/2014
Amazing :)

I don't have much else to really say to be honest other than that it was amazing

Please update soon, it's been awhile since I've read something this good
Pattonatom chapter 5 . 12/10/2014
Ughhh. Why do you ramble so much, and your dialogue is so underdeveloped. You put all this effort to change Hogwarts and you just let all that potential slip through your fingers. There are too many lines of speech and dialogue in this one chapter( chapter 5) that make me cringe due to their redundancy and rambling. Cut the ridiculous speech and you could potentially have a story.
dragoncreators chapter 14 . 9/21/2014
Wow, Hermione is a potty mouth in this one - I love her!
Harry's inner advice giver sure is hostile, and doesn't seem to either like rain, or like that harry likes something...

Please keep going! :)