Reviews for Looking Back
Kitsune1818 chapter 7 . 4/26/2013
Oh God, this chapter was like a brick trowed to my head. I love the end. Poor Dean... and Sam.
zeroichi chapter 21 . 12/31/2012
Dude! Seriously if i havent watch the show i might thought all of this is real.. Such an unexpected twist here but nice story :))
slystir chapter 8 . 4/13/2012
I'm really glad you wrote this piece. I'm enjoying it a lot. Always wanted a glimpse of Dean as a kid where he could let go and show his emotional side. You can see that either the writers or Mr. Ackles decided that Dean is a deeply feeling man who has to keep a tight rein on his emotions to prevent them being in control of him. Always made me think that I'd like to get to know the soft center of the character.

Oh, you might want to have a look at this sentence: "Unfortunately, it was becoming clear to Sam that Dean wasn't even ready to take care of himself, never-the-less his twenty-two year old brother." I think you mean "nevermind" not "nevertheless".

Great writing. I love the character voices so far.

Sly
slystir chapter 21 . 1/28/2012
Okay, I've never read the Dune series, but I've got to say that you telling us that "Dark Angel" basically stole the plot, gave me all the knowledge I needed. That said, I must tell you that this was a GREAT story. I could have used a little more Dean Angst at the end because we both know that if he had powers all his life that he tapped into when he needed, didn't ever really abuse and was a total loner as a result, there would be a lot more self-recrimination, sorrowful looks and of course that "one perfect tear". You wrote it all well enough that I was wanting to turn it more chick flicky at the end...just as I do with each episode of Supernatural. Gotta say I like the subtlety (sp?) with which you demonstrated that Dean was really the most sensitive of the Winchesters and rather than needing to "investigate" his feelings like Sammy, he needs to keep them from overwhelming him. To quote Jane Austin, "Perhaps a man who felt less could have said more."

Loved this story...Just noticed you posted it like five years ago. LOL. Hope you get this review. Better late than never.
HAMUCHA chapter 19 . 7/9/2009
(Biting his lip, Sam drove as fast as he dared in the suburban neighborhood.

Please God, he thought, please let it just be one of his migraines.)

What's with the migraine anyway? And I didn't read about Dean taking any medicine also. He should've if he's not going to the hospital to have it checked out.
HAMUCHA chapter 16 . 7/8/2009
(John frowned at Dean’s tone. “Dean!” His voice was sharp, “You didn’t do anything. I know that your head hurts, but you need to suck it up and stop acting like a baby! Be a man!” Dean was so startled that if it wasn’t for Sam, he would’ve fallen off the bed. His momentary panic and fear was covered quickly by a mask of indifference. Sam recognized it—the perfect little soldier.)

There he went again. Being an asshole.
HAMUCHA chapter 13 . 7/8/2009
(I’m working on the next chapter as we speak. I am really hoping to be able to post it tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed this chapter—I really liked it myself. It was lighter than my other chapters and I had a bit of fun with the “Barbie dolls” myself. (Oh, the memories))

Yes! I like this chapter too!
HAMUCHA chapter 12 . 7/8/2009
(There was only one person who could answer that question. And he could only hope that Dean remembered her.)

Missouri?
HAMUCHA chapter 10 . 7/8/2009
(Their routine centered on Dean and how bad his headache was that day. It was, as far as Sam knew, almost constant. He couldn’t remember a single moment of the day when Dean didn’t squint at the bright lights or touch his head when he thought Sam wasn’t looking. )

Unbelievable! 3 weeks of headaches and Sam didn't bring him to the hospital? I thought it's Dean who had brain damaged!

Interesting story though. Especially about John mad at Dean when he was nine after he came home in tears and can't stop shaking. That John was ... one incredible asshole.
HAMUCHA chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
(He walked behind Dean, a hand against his back to guide him back into the bed. It seemed that ever since they’d left the hospital, all Dean could do was sleep. That was—excluding his little trip to the corner store. Sam could just hope that he’d be okay after a good night sleep.)

Stupid Sam. He should've bring Dean to the hospital to get checked out. Dean might bleeding in his brain or something.
HAMUCHA chapter 8 . 7/8/2009
(His eyes seemed to fade, and he pulled himself into a tighter ball. “Dad says that only babies cry, Sammy. I’m not a baby. I’m not, I swear it. Don’t leave.”

Suddenly, Sam knew exactly why Dean was so terrified.)

Oh, no. Did John do something to make Dean like this?
HAMUCHA chapter 7 . 7/8/2009
(Okay, I know Dean’s not the emotionally stunted 27 year old hot-head anymore and I really didn’t want to make him a ‘cry-baby’, but the poor guy’s been under a lot of stress, both physical and emotional, so I think he’s entitled to cry when he wants to.)

Naah. I like your story. Though it just seems that instead of brain damaged, Dean just lost his memory. His adult memory. Cause he's just acting like a normal boy. A normal 9 year old boy. A distressed 9 year old boy. Brain damaged would involve, I don't know, "slow mind", if you know what I mean.
HAMUCHA chapter 6 . 7/8/2009
(Yeah, there’s really no ‘author’s note’ this time. I’ve got nothing to say—maybe a little bit disappointed by “Faith”. The writers really left out the things that I wanted to see. For example, if Dean had a ‘heart attack’, how did Sam get him to the hospital? )

So true! They're too focus on the "supernatural" issue that they missed the little details that the fans want to know about.

(Also, a transplant was not mentioned at all, never mind the fact that even if you’ve had a heart attack, there are many medicines and treatments (including mechanical pumps) that hospitals will use on an otherwise healthy individual. Actually, he’d probably be a perfect ‘research study’ patient. He has no other health problems, making him perfect for experimental treatments and pharmaceutical (drug) therapies.- Okay, obviously, I should stop taking my work home with me, huh?)

You mentioned some great points ! Are you in medical business?
HAMUCHA chapter 5 . 7/8/2009
(Dean stared at him, “I can’t drink. My dad will kill me. And I don’t like girls.” Sam waved at him, trying to get him to stop.

Chris got offended, arguing, his hands tightening into fists, “Hey, man. I didn’t know you were gay! What the fuck? Were you coming on to me, asshole?”)

I think you need to change Dean's line, cause I just can't see it to be the reason the clerk suddenly felt offended or even think Dean to be gay.

And Sam so should've hit that asshole.
HAMUCHA chapter 3 . 7/8/2009
(The doctor was off to the side of the room, flipping through Dean’s medical reports. “Dean, can I ask you a question?” He waited for the young man to nod. “How old are you?”

Sam closed his eyes; he didn’t want to know... He wanted to wake up from this nightmare in an old tacky motel...

“I’m nine years old.”)

That's the twist? Sorry, I got this fic from spnstoryfinders, so I knew that already. Hehe.

Interesting story. Can't wait to read how John and Sam would handle this.