Reviews for Looking Back
Kiera chapter 15 . 8/1
Did I understand that, you ask? Sorry...was too bored to read it...(looking upwards at text)...wait...WHAT THE..."Bene Gesserit"? WTF?!
How did this suddenly become "Dune"?

What next - are the spice-making WORMS suddenly going to lift out of the ground in the back yard?

Is Duke Leto going to be knocking at their door? (hopefully laden with bags of Spice...yum...me *really* wants some spaced-out Spice, right now...)

Wait a sec...wasn't STING in the movie version? Crap, yet *another* STING message from the Universe - 9th STING message in just 1 week.
Kiera chapter 12 . 8/1
What the self-serving idiot SHOULD have done, was return to Stanford with Dean, find them a place to live, and resume his studies (and hopefully, scholarship)...and get some free financial aid from the campus for caring for a handicapped 'dependant'.

Then get his lousy law degree, and with the shitload of public-extorted money that makes up his insane lawyer salary, buy a ranch and get some horses for Dean to look after, to start a Rehabilitation Horse Riding ranch...for handicapped people and veterans (just like William Shatner/Captain Kirk does with his horse charities).
Hell, Beam me up, Scottie...

THE END
"so I waited until I got my muse back".

You mean, your "Higher Self".

No such thing, as a "muse". It is always, for everyone, merely their Higher Dimensional Self (or other aspects/physical incarnations of your Higher Self)...that you are channelling. Through your current physical form. (aka meat suit)
"that last paragraph rocked!...But it turned out awesome."

It most certainly *did*.
You kicked-ass, and it turned out freaking AWESOME.
Kiera chapter 6 . 8/1
̶s̶h̶i̶n̶e̶d̶ "shone"

Past and past participle of shine.
Kiera chapter 5 . 8/1
The only thing here that you sacrificed believability-wise, for the sake of immense plot convenience (g)...was the "child-lock", on the car door.

I'm sure you are very well aware, that old cars don't have any "child-locks". In fact, child-lock mechanisms in cars didn't even enter this reality until the 1990s. Or later.
One of my favourite physical-shock childhood memories is of sitting in the back seat of my Dad's 1970-something Chevy, and my door flying open as we sped down a highway. My very shocked old grandmother next to me, had to rescue both me and door by grabbing/shutting it - pretty damn fast, for an old Russian broad. Heheheh.

So yeah. Your child-lock introduction...THAT was non-plausibly, and irritatingly weird, and I would rather that it hadn't interfered with the story at all.
sunshine102897 chapter 21 . 2/20/2016
OH MY GOODNESS. TALK ABOUT DROPPING A BOMB HOLY CRAP. This was awesome!
Kitsune1818 chapter 7 . 4/26/2013
Oh God, this chapter was like a brick trowed to my head. I love the end. Poor Dean... and Sam.
zeroichi chapter 21 . 12/31/2012
Dude! Seriously if i havent watch the show i might thought all of this is real.. Such an unexpected twist here but nice story :))
slystir chapter 8 . 4/13/2012
I'm really glad you wrote this piece. I'm enjoying it a lot. Always wanted a glimpse of Dean as a kid where he could let go and show his emotional side. You can see that either the writers or Mr. Ackles decided that Dean is a deeply feeling man who has to keep a tight rein on his emotions to prevent them being in control of him. Always made me think that I'd like to get to know the soft center of the character.

Oh, you might want to have a look at this sentence: "Unfortunately, it was becoming clear to Sam that Dean wasn't even ready to take care of himself, never-the-less his twenty-two year old brother." I think you mean "nevermind" not "nevertheless".

Great writing. I love the character voices so far.

Sly
slystir chapter 21 . 1/28/2012
Okay, I've never read the Dune series, but I've got to say that you telling us that "Dark Angel" basically stole the plot, gave me all the knowledge I needed. That said, I must tell you that this was a GREAT story. I could have used a little more Dean Angst at the end because we both know that if he had powers all his life that he tapped into when he needed, didn't ever really abuse and was a total loner as a result, there would be a lot more self-recrimination, sorrowful looks and of course that "one perfect tear". You wrote it all well enough that I was wanting to turn it more chick flicky at the end...just as I do with each episode of Supernatural. Gotta say I like the subtlety (sp?) with which you demonstrated that Dean was really the most sensitive of the Winchesters and rather than needing to "investigate" his feelings like Sammy, he needs to keep them from overwhelming him. To quote Jane Austin, "Perhaps a man who felt less could have said more."

Loved this story...Just noticed you posted it like five years ago. LOL. Hope you get this review. Better late than never.
HAMUCHA chapter 19 . 7/9/2009
(Biting his lip, Sam drove as fast as he dared in the suburban neighborhood.

Please God, he thought, please let it just be one of his migraines.)

What's with the migraine anyway? And I didn't read about Dean taking any medicine also. He should've if he's not going to the hospital to have it checked out.
HAMUCHA chapter 16 . 7/8/2009
(John frowned at Dean’s tone. “Dean!” His voice was sharp, “You didn’t do anything. I know that your head hurts, but you need to suck it up and stop acting like a baby! Be a man!” Dean was so startled that if it wasn’t for Sam, he would’ve fallen off the bed. His momentary panic and fear was covered quickly by a mask of indifference. Sam recognized it—the perfect little soldier.)

There he went again. Being an asshole.
HAMUCHA chapter 13 . 7/8/2009
(I’m working on the next chapter as we speak. I am really hoping to be able to post it tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed this chapter—I really liked it myself. It was lighter than my other chapters and I had a bit of fun with the “Barbie dolls” myself. (Oh, the memories))

Yes! I like this chapter too!
HAMUCHA chapter 12 . 7/8/2009
(There was only one person who could answer that question. And he could only hope that Dean remembered her.)

Missouri?