Reviews for It was a dark and stormy night
connollyt chapter 1 . 9/28/2016
Enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2016
That was fun and sweet and funny.
aruvqan chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
Wonderful ) I come from Bavaria [my first 5 years] and small town southern tier Western NY. My brother and I used to sled out of the 3d story of the house and hollow out that huge snow bank to make a fort. To say I am accustomed to winter is an understatement [*cough* Great Lakes weather band *cough* 3 meter snowfall storms were common back in the 60s and 70s ) ] It got to be habit to always rent a place with at least a fireplace. I bought a $3000 woodstove for our house deliberately, it has a bake oven in it so when the power goes out I can still cook dinner [or just cook dinner in it when it is cold out] and our preferred form of heating in the winter is that woodstove because hot water baseboard heating sucks ass ) We have had more evening in the winters with our friends eating and playing games than I can think of ) and we always have at least a couple cats and a few dogs flopping around as well!
Jade Mahoneysuckle chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
NNNOOOOOOO DONT END IT! THINGS WERE JUST ABOUT TO GET EXCITING
carrotmusic chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Great take on the famous opening line. Wish I had been there - it sounded like they had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing and take care.
glynnall chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
i liked it
Jordana Babe chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
nice job
iouliaioulia chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Love, love, love your story!
You're right, it's like nutella!
Looking forward to reading it again this winter when it's cold outside...
Rebecca and her Pancakes chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Dawww that was adorable! 3
CTBabe1202 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Very cute- there game made me laugh! Would have loved another few days at his house to see what happened...you have a real talent for writing!

-R
Retrdtchr chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Just stumbled into this story and I am very glad I did. It is a delightful tale. I love how it shows a "normal" side of the characters minus the day to day mayhem. It is easy to visualize every scene of your story and each conversation seems genuine. Thank you.
Mumofpicklegirls chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
What a great story!
sonomom chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Found this by accident and enjoyed it tremendously.
Wanda517 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Fun... stopped a little short of HEA, but still a start.. :)
Atlanta Babe chapter 1 . 11/14/2011