Reviews for It was a dark and stormy night
That was fun and sweet and funny.
aruvqan chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
Wonderful ) I come from Bavaria [my first 5 years] and small town southern tier Western NY. My brother and I used to sled out of the 3d story of the house and hollow out that huge snow bank to make a fort. To say I am accustomed to winter is an understatement [*cough* Great Lakes weather band *cough* 3 meter snowfall storms were common back in the 60s and 70s ) ] It got to be habit to always rent a place with at least a fireplace. I bought a $3000 woodstove for our house deliberately, it has a bake oven in it so when the power goes out I can still cook dinner [or just cook dinner in it when it is cold out] and our preferred form of heating in the winter is that woodstove because hot water baseboard heating sucks ass ) We have had more evening in the winters with our friends eating and playing games than I can think of ) and we always have at least a couple cats and a few dogs flopping around as well!
Jade Mahoneysuckle chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
NNNOOOOOOO DONT END IT! THINGS WERE JUST ABOUT TO GET EXCITING
carrotmusic chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Great take on the famous opening line. Wish I had been there - it sounded like they had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing and take care.
glynnall chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
i liked it
Jordana Babe chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
nice job
iouliaioulia chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Love, love, love your story!
You're right, it's like nutella!
Looking forward to reading it again this winter when it's cold outside...
Rebecca and her Pancakes chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Dawww that was adorable! 3
CTBabe1202 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Very cute- there game made me laugh! Would have loved another few days at his house to see what happened...you have a real talent for writing!

-R
Retrdtchr chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Just stumbled into this story and I am very glad I did. It is a delightful tale. I love how it shows a "normal" side of the characters minus the day to day mayhem. It is easy to visualize every scene of your story and each conversation seems genuine. Thank you.
Sophiepicklegirl chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
What a great story!
sonomom chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Found this by accident and enjoyed it tremendously.
Wanda517 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Fun... stopped a little short of HEA, but still a start.. :)
Atlanta Babe chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Fun little short story.
Vulcan Rider chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
What an amazingly wonderful, perfect story. Such a comfortable night with the guys, and wonderful of them to think about her freezing during the power outage. I loved your idea of how the guys' home lives were and the "take your time" house. It was all so absolutely ideal for all of them. I could visualize everything you wrote perfectly.

I loved the playfulness of each of them, and the way they are so close and know each other so well. The game was hilarious, and sounds like something my kids would enjoy. They love those "Magic the Gathering" games and other ones.

You've totally pulled me into the characters' lives with your writing, and that takes great talent. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Maggie