Reviews for Child of Destiny
Guest chapter 25 . 3/4/2014
This was a fun read! I appreciated that you gave us clues about things that would happen later on, without being too obvious about it. Also, teenage Laura reminded me a bit of Dawn Summers (from Buffy, if you're not familiar), which I really enjoyed.
liferscove2118 chapter 24 . 10/19/2013
I don't know whether to love you for writing something so lovely or hate you eternally for making me cry?

You've written a wonderful story. Nice job.
K chapter 16 . 8/6/2013
That's the second story I read in this Fandom where I have the feeling of reading an argument rather than a story, I means that there are ideas that are be pushed forward; forgiveness, cooperation between Cylon and Humans and many more I won't bother to mention but that belong to the same "field".
And the characters are twisted around and put in situations fitting this agenda.

It's not uncommon, in fact all stories are kinda like that since they are tales told by people with specific scenarios in mind, but to me the mark of a great story is when things appear to work organically. When events and character actions simply appear natural and make sense-fiction is much more accommodating than real life for that.
Here it's too much slanted toward one side and one argument :
- Laura the president, or Kara, or Laura the little Half-Cylon, talk down the skeptics Adamas and make them see reason or accept that they need to make a leap of faith. And this happen in the whole story in different variations, either in the Kara/Lee/Laura relationship or with the other characters like Racetrack, Cally vs Pegasus crew or other "disbelievers."
It's just too heavy handed to me. The other story that garnered this reaction from me-I forgot its title-I didn't comment on because it seemed even more apparent, and having nothing nice to say I just chose to make no comment.

On the other hand here I can say that for the first chapters, I actually could believe in the way this story was going, so for that, the author must me commanded.
cilepe chapter 24 . 12/3/2012
Evil Gaeta! Poor guy.
handshakesandheartaches chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
im totally impressed with how long this story is! i'll have you know that its actually longer than Twilight, one of my favorite books.

i loved the entire story, and i commend you for have a real plot line throughout the whole thing. you were also able to make lee and kara have a real relationship that included sex without making it graphic, and you were still able to keep the rating T. not many people can do that and not have the readers feel like they lost an aspect of the story.

great job again, i find that it would probably be easier to go though your stories when i have a bad day and need to read something instead of going through the archive :o)
Serenechemnerd chapter 25 . 4/29/2009
I love this story! Thank-you for writing such an imaginative story
NotYourBusiness chapter 25 . 3/18/2009
Ever consider writing a vignette about Anders, Boomer, and Caprica?
NotYourBusiness chapter 23 . 3/26/2008
Wonderful story! I read it before I had an account. And you got two of the Final Five right, isn't that great? My guess is Dee for the fifth one, but who knows?
StarSplit144 chapter 24 . 12/30/2007
Did you actually just HAPPEN to guess Anders and Tory? That's hilarious. Great story, very amusing, and interesting, and nice and shippy. And I was actually sad when Dee "died"...as I would be in the actual show if they made her awesome again - ie no LeeDee

~StarSplit
TamSibling chapter 25 . 10/26/2007
I have to admit, at first the premise of this story seemed really far-fetched and I didn't know if I could go with it. But then, I started reading and gave it a chance (because I am a diehard K/L shipper) and I am so glad I did! This was just wonderful all the way around. Sad and angsty and funny and touching. Beautiful.

I really love your stories, so thanks for sharing!
Kitty Invictus chapter 25 . 9/6/2007
I probably did enjoy reading it as much as you did writing it. This story, although long, was very good. At first, I wasn't sure if I was gonna read very far in. It seemed kind of far fetched. But then, in the same way that people came to love Laura. I saw it for what it really was. A very touching and well written piece of fan fiction. Great job. I've just started to write a BSG fic. I can only hope that it can have such a great feeling to it. I really liked all of the mythology that was scattered in the prophecy. I know a little bit, so I recognized the things being mentioned. You must have had some sort of plan. because you revealed things at a perfect pace. Until the last couple chapters, you only gave us enough to keep interested. And the last couple chapters were so good that I couldn't stop reading.

Wonderful Just Wonderful.

kitty.
Kitty Invictus chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Ok saw that comming, but I'm gonna hang on for a few more chapters, and if I get hooked, you'll get a shiny new review at the end of this long story. there may also be a few reviews in between if I see something I want to talk about. Well this is looking good so far. To the second chapter and beyond.

-kitty
Naitch03 chapter 25 . 2/26/2007
I just wanted to say that I really loved this story. You made an OC character that I really started to care about (and felt sorry at her passing), and your interpretations of the show characters were dead-on (though I felt that Zarek was just a bit to psychotic). This is one of those stories that, although it was finished up really nicely, I wouldn't mind reading a sequel.

Great story.

-Naitch03
The Creeping Spleen chapter 25 . 2/8/2007
I hope you know you made me cry? Here I am, a grown man of 36 and I was in tears by the end of chapter 24, and could barely see the computer screen to read chapter 25.

Your story was simply beautiful, you've a good grasp of the characters and their individual voices.

However, my only minor criticism - and it's something that a lot of BSG/ Star Trek/ Star Wars etc. fic writers seem to forget - is that space vessels (such as the Galactica or the USS Enterprise etc.) do NOT have floors, ceilings, walls, or doors. What they do have is decks (floors), deckheads (ceilings), bulkheads (walls), and hatches (doors).

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future. Just - try not to make me cry any more, it'll rui8n my tough-guy image.. ;)
Mereret chapter 25 . 12/28/2006
I almost, accidentally, read this one sitting. My body kept telling me I was exhausted and I kept telling myself that I was going to stop at the end of the next chapter but I couldn't seem to do it. The story was great and thanks for writing it. It's a shame that Apollo and Starbuck's relationship can't be this uncomplicated in the series but I guess it wouldn’t be as much fun then. Oh well