Reviews for Camberwell Beauty
Consulting Time Heir chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Beautiful. Sad. Awful. Too believable, honestly. Yemi is never going to have a normal life, and this whole scenario is painfully realistic. My only question is: If children lose their magic when they reach adulthood, how are Rachel and Heiki still magical? Or do humans only lose their magic if it's not discovered before a certain age?

On a whole different note, I'm trying to write a Sherlock/Doomspell Trilogy crossover, but I've only ever read the books in Dutch, and I can't find a lot of things I'm going to need in English, like certain terms such as 'shifting' which I'm still not sure is the right word for Doomspell-style apparation from HP, and the song that prophesises Rachel as the Child-Hope, and its dark variant. I hate to be a bother, and feel free to ignore me, but it would really help me if someone could send me information on the original version of the translation I've read.

Please keep writing. This was lovely in a 'I didn't need my heart anyway' catharsis kind of way. *Sob* Truly brilliant.
LeyLey92 chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
A truly amazing story, very saddening, but I still loved it :)

Keep writing stories :)

Ley x
Marbalous chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
I've never looked at Yemi in that way before, it's rather dark. But it was still a good short story. I enjoyed it, I was in the mood for darkness.
Self-Stirring-Cauldron chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
This is very well-written but very, very depressing. I saw you mention that you had a fan-fiction here in your message on Ask him to read it and tell you what he thought. He'll be nice about it. Honest. He actually posted my one on his website. It's in the news section there if you'd care to take a peek. Or it's here as well. Promise Fulfilled. ave a look. Please. I did think this was very very good even if it's not something I'd dare to attempt writing myself. I wouldn't be able to pull it off. You have.
Tsuryuubi-chan chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
Wow. That was kinda upsetting, but still good. If you can write like that with characters already made for you, then I see writing in your future. A sad story, but still really good. Could do with being a little more poetic though. Ah well, we can't all have what we want.

Poor Minty. Didn't she realise that the best way to forget about something is just to accept it? I used to have nightmares about spiders(my worst fear) until I began to accept that they were just as scared as I was. I still won't pick them up, but hey, I can stand being in the same room as a spider, just as long as it's no bigger than my fingernail.

But still, this is a good story. And it shows really well what can happen to people. I like it, it's going on my faves list. Which can take quite a lot, let me tell you.

Anyway, good story, hope to read more from you. Bie!
aiden chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
hm,it was sertainly dramatic great discription i just was alittle consernd but only because i love yemi(silly i know)hese awsome and i know he wouldnt do that sort of thing

besides yemi could of saved mintey and given her some power