Reviews for One Last Smash
Circuit's Dead chapter 9 . 1/25
I know you're long gone from this website... Chances are you'll never even look at my review. But I just want to say... The past few days have been rough for me. I can't even begin to tell you how I found your story. I'm not even sure how I found it. This is by far the greatest story I have read on the site. I have no words for the feelings coming from me right now. Thank you. I bet nine years ago you would have never guess you'll impact someones life many years later. But thank you. I feel inspired again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Carnage068 chapter 9 . 1/3
I just looked over the whole thing again and don't really fully understand the second to last part. About Star Haven. Was Mario really alive the whole time? Whatever, no one cares about this great story anymore most likely. Lol.
Carnage068 chapter 9 . 3/8/2014
Read this masterpiece on one day. My right eye is all blurry and i have no life. I LOVE how you made Giga Bowser keep coming back, and even taking out Link and Zelda in the process. I also like how you kept Giga Bowser alive, even though he's in the minus world and won't be getting out anytime soon. I've never played or even seen the game Doshin The Giant, but i know about it from the SSBM trophy. You really thought of everything in this awesome fanfiction. Giga Bowser is my video game character of all time, and i even used to be obsessed with him as a kid. At the time i wrote this, it was 1:39 AM. But i know for sure you've inspired me to go get my action replay and start playing as Giga Bowser again. Thank you for this wonderful fanfiction!
Carnage068 chapter 6 . 3/8/2014
Love the ending.
Carnage068 chapter 4 . 3/8/2014
Wicked plot twist! Mewtwo's mind is so corrupt. I also wish Donkey Kong could have survived, that wasn't very necessary for him to die.
Carnage068 chapter 3 . 3/8/2014
Bowser is my favorite. It's a shame to see him go, but they way you did it was great. Same with Ganondorf and Donkey Kong. Mewtwo too, but to a lesser extent.
Carnage068 chapter 2 . 3/8/2014
You have all of the characters' personality down perfectly. Even if the story is a little slow paced, I love it. I especially liked Mewtwo.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
It's been a while since I've read this fanfic, and I would probably not do a very good job at pointing out all the things in this story that make it awesome even if I had read it recently. Therefore, I will make it simple:

This is the best Smash Bros. fanfiction. No other Smash Bros. fanfic comes even remotely close. The only reason I have not reread this fanfic multiple times is because it contains many tragic elements, and I'm not a fan of tragedy.

If I ever write Smash Bros. fanfiction, your fanfic would be the standard I try to best. Although I'm not sure I'll ever be able to write Fawful as well as you.
JayDeeDubya chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
Now, I know this is ancient, and you probably haven't even been to this site in years now. It really isn't much, but still, I have to say SOMETHING.

Reading this was easily the best investment of time I've had all week. And for that matter, it's at least one of, if not the best Smash Bros piece I've read in recent memory. Very heavy stuff all around, I love it.

Basically what I'm saying is, thank you for writing this. 'One Last Smash' is amazing, and so are you.
pheonickx chapter 9 . 6/4/2011
Normally for fics as old back as is, I would just favorite, but this when I finished was too good to NOT review.

I just read the entire thing today, and just wow... I don't think I have enough words in me to say just how much effort and time, and just pure awesomeness in this... I now I problably would have never gotten past the first 2000 word mark, let lone past two characters.

But this? It's just... It seems so totally possible, and while I never gave a thought on how it would be like if everyone grew up, if everyone in games could grow up, this just astounded me!

I think every character was portrayed in character to their full extent, even if thye basically have no personality because to be quite honest, they're not real.

Said point above brings me to say that was the best part, giving every character who bascially had no complete interaction like this a personality and making it all so human and touching and well...

Just to lighten this up, I'm gonna say I loved Roy in here(he's my favorite character) with his complete loyalty to Marth. I mean it just borders on some MarthxRoy fluff, but not really since it's more serious and realistic than complete fluff.

You have my utter thanks for writing so awesome of a story...
Rusen 'Kiwi' Redhex chapter 9 . 7/18/2010
Bravo. I can honestly say that among the absolute craphole that is the SSB fandom, you have given rise to this masterpiece.

Even though I'm not always fond of SSB fics taking place in the future, and even less fond of character death, you really make it work. Certainly nobody who survived was unscathed, but you didn't leave any giant freakin' loose ends either. Everything made sense.

... I think I said all I wanted to say.

...

Banjo-Kazooie forrrr the win!
Dark Marx Soul chapter 9 . 7/15/2010
Well, I'd just like to say that I was only just recently introduced to your fan fiction here, and just finished chapter 9. So, I'd like to give you my thoughts.

I'll start off by saying that I absolutely loved every single second of reading it. I've written my own fan fictions and read plenty others, but I realize that I'm gonna be hard pressed to find one that beats this one.

The romance was just great. You kept the characters in perfect...uh, character, even when cold-as-ice Samus Aran had fallen for loner Captain Falcon and vice versa. The latter's death was awfully tragic, especially after the exchange between the two. Link and Zelda were portrayed really well romantically as well. I was really impressed, and the scenes made my heart warm. Romance is good to read. I'll never get the image of Kirby and Jigglypuff out of my head though. That was a shocking one. XD

The action scenes, holy cow. They were excellent, always giving a clear picture of all the fighting going on, the desperation of the heroes in their struggle against Giga Bowser, and just made you wish you could see the butt-whooping in a movie or something. It was excellent in the first action scene when Marth and co. were to free Altea how you touched on all twenty-five of the characters in the battle. It was nice to see how all the different fighters fought in your mind.

The sad and/or death scenes were so beautifully written, they really tugged at my heartstrings. You wrote the lines and descriptions of all the things happening so well it was like I was there witnessing the moment. They made me sad, but were really well written and affected all the characters as they should. I especially liked when Luigi had his one last smash with the Mario projection. It was really, really perfect. It couldn't get better than that.

The way you portrayed the characters themselves was great too. You had all their personalities down, even when they didn't really have them to begin with. Mario's calm, collected, brave leadership. Luigi's aspirations to be as his brother had been, despite being afraid. Samus' cold, emotionless demeanour. Captain Falcon's arrogant and cocky attitude. They were all done beautifully, and I especially liked the way Link, Zelda, Marth, Roy, and Young Link spoke, just like the medieval knights of old.

Finally, the one thing that really makes this fan fiction the greatest one I have ever read: the way you brought them all together from absolutely nothing. Super Smash Brothers and Super Smash Brothers Melee had absolutely no storyline. None at all. All it was was several Nintendo franchises fighting in a new, unique way. You wrote a fan fiction from no story, no plot. You just made your own, perfectly canon way to bring all 25 characters together and yet still be able to have their own adventures in their own worlds. It was brilliant, everything about the story, the settings, the background to it all. THAT is what makes One Last Smash soar above the rest. THAT is what makes your fan fiction, your masterpiece, the greatest fan fiction I have ever read.

Also, you've inspired me to try harder. I think, personally, that my fan fictions are really good. I've got a lot of followers on DeviantART and a few on FanFiction. But this is just really good. I silently hope that I'm going to go above yours...and one of my friends is there to judge, having read this as well as reading my fan fiction trilogy. He also maintains that yours is the greatest fan fiction he's read. The same applies for him.

That's all.

~Dark Marx Soul, of dA and FF
graystripe2 chapter 6 . 6/25/2009
This is probably the best fan fiction I've had the privilege to read. Thank you, Rabid Wookie Yankovich for a surprisingly unique experience you don't get in a lot of fan fiction nowadays.

It had just the right amount of drama, well thought out action sequences, and just the right sprinkle of humor.

I loved all of the shocking twists, and how it's just chock-full of ingenious writing, with a plot, writing style, and certain taste that will make any reader hooked from beginning to end.

I'll admit the death in Chapter 6 and Samus's subsequent reaction followed actually brought tears to my eyes- and I'm a dude! It was just THAT well-written.
Sarifina Filth chapter 9 . 2/16/2009
Wow, I feel stupid. I googled this fic cause one of my iner-friends told me it was a good smash fic. It sent me directly to the last chapter. There is practically never a day I don't go on to read my bff's new chapters, and yet somehow I failed to notice I was all the way on chapter 9. I read it, with a small bit of confusion, (seeing as though you explained everything I needed in this chapter, minus the details) and loved it. But then I realised there were 8 previos chapters! So I went back and read it, the whole time thinkin;

He dies.

He dies.

She dies.

And couldn't even focus on anything! I betcha if I had started this from the begining I would have loved it a ton more, but right now, because of my own stupid mistake, I"m annoyed at it. BUT IT IS GOOD, DO NOT FEEL DISCOURAGED MY FRIEND,

WRITE ON!
HAL-9001 chapter 7 . 9/27/2008
I like your characterizations of the Smashers, with one exception: Meta Knight. He might be an antagonist in the games, but he is a Smasher! But it is unfair of me to hold this against you, as he was still an antagonist in 2006 (when Brawl was barely known to be in development).