Reviews for Athanasia
HexZeroRouge chapter 11 . 3/10/2006
I really liked this story, alot. Your story of Amarant's past is better than mine, I realize. Anyway, I'm going to have to read your other stories.
eyeoffcenter chapter 11 . 11/29/2005
Awesome story. You really pulled off his attitude, but he was somewhat out of character with the wholw romance between him and Freya. Other thatn that, It was really good.
Myshu chapter 11 . 3/6/2005
Like the last reviewer, I couldn't walk away from my computer until I read this start-to-finish.

Most epistolary fics I've encountered are lame (and grammatical nightmares to boot), but all the scratch-outs and run-on sentences here made the style more complete and the narrative believable, rather than turning the fic into an unreadable piece of crud. It's been an entertaining and insightful trip into Amarant's character and I thank you for it. Very creative!
Vixen2004 chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
I can't believe I read that in one sitting. I just got out of the hotel pool and am freezing my butt off as I sit here in the confounded air conditioned lobby. I have goosebumps going up and down every single body extremity I own and my teeth are chattering at the speed of a red bull addict. My stoumach is screaming for food but I REMAINED DEVOTED and finished this FANTASTIC PIECE OF WRITING anyway. Go me! *Pause* I mean, er, go you! That was well written, and that's really saying something coming from me considering the fact that I usually detest stories completley lacking in diolouge. But I managed to develope a true appreciation for yours reguardless of the latter. I especially like how you ended each entry, it was rather powerful. I think I got a dent from the emotional impact. It's always refreshing to see an author drive their point home by closing with something meaningful. After reading Katharine Frost's fic and yours, I am now a true and loyal Amarant/Freya fan. . .which is odd since I originally hated the blue mutant. But now I love him. That's when you know you the author has talent; they make you change your opinion about a rather dominant character. Well, since everyone else said hats off to you, I guess I'll throw it in their for good measure. *Tips hat*
Akimekura Amura chapter 11 . 6/14/2004
Atheis: Wow that was an amazing story... its kinda funny how some people think you know...

The idea of Amarant kinda being a slave in his past is one of my little daydreams I have too when I think about writing something... Which I still haven't done because I like starting things and then get sidetracked with a new idea... yeah..

I like your style its very amusing... not in an offensive way. It had me laughing alot. I can see him hunched over writing in a tiny book.

Some sentences being crossed out just added to the whole thing _ made it very fun to read.

Ahh I stumbled upon this by scanning yahoo images for delicious Amarant pics... found one of yours and the All the World's Sorrow thing down there... so I copied the title and saved it in a txt doc for later usage... And today I decided to read it.

Your pics are amazing by the way. I wish I could draw like that. _

Well onto the fic I had originally came here to read... seeing that that one was a sequel I had to read the other one first... you know how that is, kupo...

Aeris: Yeah... She's my sister... she likes gloomy guys... Severus Snape (And that Crucio fic was good. Gave me goosepimples _), Amarant Salamander Coral... Vincent Valentine... You name it.. she's probably got a picture of it somewhere...

I prefer Zidane.. _ Naturally.. He's the hero... Reminds me of my beloved Harry *sigh*

Atheis: Stupid head...

Aeris: *glares* Whatever... Anyways, Atheis always gets her way and I always have to read the fics she wants to read.. not what I want to read... And then she gets all mad when I start liking the characters she likes and says I am stealing HER man... what nerve...

Atheis: You are getting off the subject... This is a review box. Dolt! Not a psychologist box!

Aeris: Don't inturrupt me when I am talking! You always do that.

Atheis: Not listening...

Aeris: Then you go and plug your ears! Because you know I am right...

Atheis: Oh what's this purple button do.. Submit review? Oh let's press it and find out!

Aeris: Don't you dare!~!11!one I'm not fini-
Middy chapter 11 . 9/5/2002
Whoo-hoo! *cheers* That was great! A splendid finish to this marvelous little piece of work, if I do say so myself. *applaudes* And a wink-wink nudge-nudge to Amarant. lol! Great work Amanda!
Middy chapter 10 . 9/5/2002
*gasps* Zidane's a damn genius. Give the book to Freya! . Yeah, embarrassing for Amarant but at least she'll understand...hopefully. Eee...he said some things in here that a Lady shouldn't hear, eh? Especially when they're all about her. Then again, Freya's a Knight, not a Lady. Ooh, the suspense!
Middy chapter 9 . 9/5/2002
...Wow. THAT'S what made him run away? Ugh, God! How... crude and savage of those bastards! Wonder what Freya's thinking about all this. Is she really scared? Most likely, but she, I mean, it's Freya, c'mon, can't be THAT scared. Wonder if Amarant will meet Fratley or something? Mmm...probably not, eh? Ah well *reads on*
Middy chapter 8 . 9/5/2002
Grr at Caleb! Yay he's dead! Sorry little bugger, he shouldn't have done that to Sust now, should he? Tsk tsk, didn't think it through, think of the consequences, and look where it got him? Anyways, Amarant loved someone? *is shocked* never thought the guy had it in him. Woo..
Middy chapter 7 . 9/5/2002
*cocks head to one side* Would blue eyes look out of place on this guy? *shrugs* Not for me to judge I guess, never did see his eyes. Well, I did sorta in that one picture, but that's beside the point. What is the point exactly? *shrugs* You're welcome to tell me. It's 3 am in the morning and I'm surprised I'm still in the conscious world. Great chapter! *winks* Oh wait, I have a face for that: .~ Hee! Poor Amarant! I _AM_ screaming at the screen 'go back you idiot and declare your love!' but yeah...not like him, ain't gonna happen now is it? Poor Freya!
Middy chapter 6 . 9/5/2002
Wow...Amarant's ...deep. That was almost poetic for him, wasn't it? I've got to keep readig..
Middy chapter 5 . 9/5/2002
Now that was some serious writing. Honestly, why hasn't this gotten more reviews? It's simply marvelous! Amarant really is a deep character, and you've gone and made him even deeper, while keeping that cynical, no-bull sort of attitude I love about him. A kudos to you! .~
Middy chapter 4 . 9/5/2002
*gushes with aw-ness* Awwww! Amarant's all embarrassed! How cute! . *coughs* I mean... he's a big tough man who don't take no bull... *nods* think he'd hurt me after that first comment?

Amarant: ..Yes.

Me: Meep! *flees*
Middy chapter 3 . 9/5/2002
*falls off chair laughing* This is great stuff! He can be so cynical I love it! . You're really good at this, ya know? Especially that "I'd have laughed at your ass and then smacked you one." bit. *wipes tear away from eye* Oh...priceless..*Ahem* onward!
Middy chapter 2 . 9/5/2002
Yay! Zidane is back! O.o...already knew that but seen through Amarant's eyes just makes the whole situation seem more...'yay'-er. (?) Anyways, loving it! *bows* Reading on!