Reviews for Lament
This was... Beautiful. And depressing. But it was fabulous. It even brought tears to my eyes.
OnlyTheBeginningOfTheAdventure chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
This is a very beautiful poem. Bravo! :)
GoTeamSkipper chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Honestly, this is my favorite Narnian poem I've read! I love how it is worded and how it sounds. Each of the siblings verses are perfect, thank you for writing this, that is how much I enjoyed it.
GoTeamSkipper
marble-fire chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Usually one doesn't find a good poetry fic here, but that was incredible! Loved it!
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Dear Amberle:

Nice little blend of Lewis and Tolkien there. Just one thing: in the first line of the third stanza, I think it should be "the sky *o'er* Lantern Waste is red".

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
lovesFanFic chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
WOW. I don't normally go for poetryfics, but this was beautiful. Thank you so much.
Metonomia chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Wow. Wow wow wow wow. Love and Rock Music recommended this fic to me, and I have now read it three times over. It is nothing less than the most beautiful piece of fanfiction I have ever read. Beautiful, emotive, a true lament, Romantic, gorgeously poetic (well, duh, it's a poem - but it's particularly poetic in the lyrical sense), canon-friendly (not a necessity, but a plus for me), and again, just achingly beautiful. The call-and-response form of the lament is perfect - it gives me a sense of the old Greek chorus harmonized with the main questioner. And the story told within these short lines! It captures perfectly the sense of loss, confusion, fear, honor, and remembrance of the Four that would run rampant after the Return. And - because I just cannot say it enough - it is SO beautiful. Thank you so so so much for writing this. Beautiful,wonderful, amazing!
ARM chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
This was wonderful, and it really sounds like a Narnian lament of old. So cool!
May Eve chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Absolutely beautiful.
snowstargirl chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Oh my, that was beautiful! That may be the loveliest poem I have ever read!
BittersweetSummer chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Ah, this is beautiful. Now, you've probably heard that phrase plenty of times before, but you deserve it.

I say, my favorite lines would have to be the last two in the stanza about Peter. So powerful. And so bittersweet. I literally felt shivers when I was reading.

Now, I'm sad to say I don't read poetry as much as I would like to, but this poem may change my habits.

:D
Certain Velocity chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
So many people have probably already said this, but this is absolutely beautiful.

It's heart wrentching, once you realize that the poem isn't all praise. Alas, I have not yet read the book inwhich Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter leave, (Although I may have, and just don't remember.) but I have read enough.

I think what really makes this poem leave an impression is that you have each monarch's 'area' of Narnia 'responding' to when asked, sharing their final memories of the four. (Or maybe it was just the fact that I was listening to sad music whilst reading this.)
ilysia chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
This evokes images that are lovely but also terribly, terribly sad. Even if we ignore what the four must have felt, what of Narnia? Tragic and beautiful in its tragedy. Bravo.
Mase992 chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Oh... spectacular!
Petraverd chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Oh wow...

This is an amazingly brilliant piece of poetry. Words just simply can't describe it. There is so much feeling in this, every single word was excellently chosen to evoke the longing and the utter tragedy of the Pevensies leaving. The meter isn't strained in the least, the rhymes flow without being strained... a fine example of Narnian poetry. Wonderful, wonderful work. Simply beautiful.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »