Reviews for Into The North
snapify52 chapter 19 . 3/23
Lovely! I thoroughly enjoyed it. One tiny criticism is that you seemed to introduce a plot element with the Ojibwe magic and then it seemed to be abandoned; I was interested to know where you were going with that. Thanks so much for writing and posting!
snapify52 chapter 8 . 3/21
I just discovered your story and really enjoy it! The sense of place and the pace is beautiful. I am hooked!
Gr33nT3a chapter 19 . 12/14/2013
One of the most successful stories I've read where characters in the Harry Potter universe move over to North America.

I could almost smell the pine and the bite of snow at times in this story.
Aubrey Mishel chapter 19 . 10/7/2013
It was delightful to read a tale set in the cities and towns that I grew up around. Not trappers bay but thunder bay and Winnipeg there area many remote cabins on lakes that are only available by float plane and tourism is a way of life up here. Many people survive in the off seasons by what they make during the summer. This is a delightful story, and i didnt find any part of it hard to swallow, im glad u kept Remus and Fred alive. There were many times when I appreciated your writing style as well.
CaramelMonkPA chapter 19 . 9/5/2013
Wonderful story!
Elysia1 chapter 19 . 8/18/2013
Awwwww... really great story. I was in tears and laughing and read it all in one go. Thanks for sharing :)
rivruskende chapter 19 . 7/23/2013
I loved this fic! Thank you so much for sharing!
GiuliettaC chapter 19 . 7/3/2013
I've seldom seen emotions intuited and articulated as skilfully as they are in this clever, poignant and charming story. Well done indeed, and thanks for the pleasure.
GiuliettaC chapter 14 . 7/2/2013
Your Snape and Hermione are perfectly drawn. They fit so easily into the completely original context you've created for them - and that's saying something, considering how far removed your setting is from Hogwarts (and not just geographically either!). The plot's a gentle tour de force. Every nuance and expression of the characters' reasoning rings true. Even the minor figures spring off the page. This engaging story is clever on so many levels: psychological, cultural, emotional, comic. What's more, I think you've done a great service to JK Rowling's characters by bringing them into the real world and setting them free.

This story's given me such immense enjoyment (and still more to come - haven't quite finished yet!). Thank you.
GiuliettaC chapter 8 . 7/1/2013
Am enjoying this so much. What an inspiration to include the Native American angle.
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Woo! Intriguing. Got to read this one.

Congrats for:

"Yes." Snape forced the word through dried lips. Saying 'please' was not in his vocabulary. He saw no reason to include it now.

LOL
Arime Setta chapter 19 . 5/28/2013
Wonderful story - I usually get annoyed with stories that take place outside of Great Britain because they usually lose something in the move but this was a great example of combining an enjoyable location and a well developed plot :)
Dimac99 chapter 19 . 5/27/2013
Fantastic fic, great setting, and wonderful characterisation of Snape post-war. The Hermione/Ron story was quite moving and really original. I liked the reminder of the bizarro Dept of Mysteries sucker thingie too.
pottohipamus chapter 19 . 4/14/2013
Thank you, that was lovely.
I know just what you mean about the ages. I think a lot of fics are written by young authors who, understandably, cannot comprehend the difference in maturity level and the significance of the impact therein. And that's okay - it's fanfiction, not an instruction manual ;)
Anyway, I enjoyed your story, and I am jealous of the setting your characters are enjoying.
El Reino chapter 19 . 2/21/2013
So I'm not really a huge fan of Snape and Hermione. I always have the same problems you to. Teen Hermione with an adult Snape? I know she's mature for her age, but she never seemed mature enough. I really just read fics about them when the longing was one sided.

When I read your story, I immediately appreciated how you characterized everyone. Ron, while not in the story was handled with respect and not like the village or the oaf that needs to get out of the way. I really liked the whole thing. You even managed to explain the woods of Canada in a way that felt like it was a real place, and not just some place holder for the story. Their relationship was mature, it wasn't all about sex (like most fanfictions tend to favor) and even though this was posted in '06, I thought I could send you a line.

Thanks for writing,