Reviews for Here Comes The Bride
KODfreak chapter 7 . 2/21/2013
wow! What an awesome story.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
Lol I always feared Bill might kill Sophie himself, maybe even as a mercy. Because having your arms sliced off like that really is not just painful but also absolutely humiliating. Never again will she be able to defend herself. Never again will a moment go by that she does not miss her forelimbs and remember their dismemberment. Its a cruel punishment, one must admit.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
What the Bride did to Sophie was, like you said, a really twisted version. Like this so far!
4. Black Queen chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
I really like your stories! Have you ever considered writing about O-Ren and Sofie? I trully believe that there was "something else". Especially, when O-Ren chopped off Boss Tanaka's head, Sofie looked at her with a burning look.
skgroupie chapter 4 . 8/8/2012
Am really enjoying this story, I really love the way you portray the characters and especially Elle who I love :)
No Face chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
You have a lot of excellent thoughts and ideals going. This is seriously among the better caliber Kill Bill fan fictions not only because you include and consider the entire cast, but expand on em.

I feel though you go overboard with Elle. Everyone loves to hate her. I see her as being temperamental, rude but more subtle.

As a suggestion, try to show more rather than tell. A lot of the internal monologuing gets many points and ideals across but they would be far more vivid with some sort of imagery or distinct memory spark with them especially in Bill's case where he is talking of Elle and love.

Please continue to write! Thanks.
Digital Tempest chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Hey Steph, I'm -finally- getting around to reading this. :) I think you did an excellent job of painting Sofie's pain, fear, and anger in your prologue. I love how self-righteous villains are when they finally get their comeuppance - as if it really isn't deserved

"Before her vision blurred and finally blackened, Sofie hoped there was a God out there who would send Beatrix Kiddo, that stupid blonde, into an everlasting burning hell…" It's sort of ironic really that she would wish that on Bea. What about the Bill and the rest of the vipers? I'm sure in her mind they don't "deserve" Bea's wrath.
Mr Pollo chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
You are VERY talented. Keep writing and I will keep reading.
TsukinoSora chapter 7 . 2/25/2006
My only critiques: Rawr; still wish you would put your character's thoughts in italics.

In this paragraph towards the end: "She knew all the secret spots where she could hide a tiny handgun where Nikkia wouldn’t be able to reach it. By the time he came back from his strenuous workday, he was so tired, that Vernita thought it highly unlikely he’d ever discover them." Er... I'm guessing by the last line you're talking about Lawrence, but it was kind of confusing since we went from Nikkia to him with no mentioning of his name.

Also, in this sentence: "They had went there for Nikkia’s fourth birthday, all three of them getting dizzy on the rides, taking hundreds of pictures, and eating until their bellies were full." Isn't it supposed to be 'they had gone there' instead of 'went'? Just wondering.

I don't know what to say. I cried at parts of it, laughed at the Tembo mentioning and other parts, I was scared and sad all at the same time. Your dramatic irony is perfect. Oh wow, the part that made my stomach churn was hearing that Nikkia's favourite cereal was called 'Kaboom', and then you talked about the name later in the fic too... Ah.

Everything you use to describe Vernita and the events before Bea's appearance give more to her character that we sadly don't get to see in the films, but at the same time, after reading this, every single 'happening' in this story shall appear to me when I rewatch the movies.

Oh, and don't worry about writing about the Elle part... if anything, it *proves* your love for kids because you make us become utterly repulsed with Elle's words about harm coming to children. I know what it's like, to write about stuff that's... odd. For me at least, it's hard to write stories about gay, lesbian, or bisexual love / relationships because I'm not any of those things. Really, I would like to hope that writing about what you may not agree with or have experience with can only help one grow as a writer. You write well, even at parts you might not like such as the images of Nikkia being harmed by Bea.

But on the whole... This was... it was so good. There really aren't words good enough to describe it at all. It's the closest thing to perfect! I loved it. :) Sorry this review is so inadequate... but really, anything I say would be inadequately phrased when it comes to this. .
SenshiAlchemist - Ge Kailin chapter 6 . 2/19/2006
Ah I love this so much! Let's see then...

You don't leave me much to critique! Rawr. Hmm... Sorry to be annoying, but I *still* wish you would put your character's thought's in italics or quotes or something... it just kind of throws me off, when I'm reading and suddenly it's switched from the narrator's view to a specific thought... eh.

Also, the part where Bill was explaining his views on God made sense, but I wish you had put something else in, like Vernita 'giving him a perplexed look' or something... 'cause it just seems like he dives right into it. I dunno.

Lastly, the part that I both liked and didn't like was the part where you had the Superman allusion. It makes sense, and I like that you tie in another thing from the movies... but somehow I feel like his speech to Bea was... only meant for her. But perhaps that's just me.

But! Now for the good stuff:

YAY YAY YAY YA YAY YAY I LOVE THIS STORY! Hehe. I liked that you put in the parts about Vernita not feeling comfortable in church. Even though there's not much about their views on God in the movies... Bea DOES mention it, (that revenge is 'doing God's will') and now that Vern's a 'normal' person... I like to see that issue dealt with. And you dealt with it well. :P

I also loved the part where you said that any person, assassin or no, would kill or do something else extreme for their child. SO true! That's what makes so much of KB so believable and for me, what makes me sympathize with Bea all the more even though I wouldn't kill someone myself... it just makes sense! And you explained it eloquently.

It's really interesting how so much of Bill is explained through Vernita. Her observations delve into his and her own personalities, and it's all one big circle... Gah that's worded poorly, but hopefully you know wat I'm trying to say. Anyway... and of course, the parts with Elle are great. I love Vernita's disgust with her and Bill's relationship, as it mirrors everyone else's, in a way. .

Anywho... this was great, as usual. :P Sorry for the strangely worded review, and for taking so long to review it in the first place... (and I used far too many ellipses... gah, there I go again!). Shmeh. I'm off to read the next [amazing] chapter!Ja ne, and good job! :D
ciberloco chapter 7 . 2/18/2006
Wow! This was like a car accident, you slow down to see what just have happened.

I love Verns alias D . And specially the Tarantinos new truck! Eventhought this was a tragedy, I loved the touch!

I enjoyed this fic!
hey chapter 7 . 2/18/2006
Hm...after reading those mother-daughter scenes, it becomes clear why Beatrix invited Nikki to avenge her mother afterwards...
jellyfish959 chapter 7 . 2/18/2006
no its over! :[

what a finish ... wow. you are a really great writer! I hope you write something else soon, theres not that many new (& good) Kill Bill fics out at the mo, this is a nice rarity! But I agree with you, its a better idea to keep this short & perfect than lengthy & getting worse. Not that the uber long fics are bad, cuz I love them too! Anyway. I think I made this clear but, write more! :]
Holly chapter 6 . 2/13/2006
Update soon! I'm dying to know what is coming next. I'm so glad that Bill would never put Elle before his daughter. I love how Vernita said to Bill that he should not Elle with B.B. That was dead on! I'm glad someone finally told him. UPDATE! This is a great story so far.
jellyfish959 chapter 6 . 2/9/2006
hey, another great chapter! answers the mysterious unknown question of "does Elle sleep with the eyepatch on" :P

& hmm well i thought id give up on the story ive released coz im planning to write a better one when i have the time. i dont really like the one i wrote. :[

well im off to watch The Good The Bad & The Ugly so ciou, update soon this story is one of the best on here!