Reviews for Highway 97
Sparkiebunny chapter 7 . 5/31/2011
Fantastic story! :)
spnMom chapter 7 . 6/1/2008
You do like your whumpage, don't you... Me too! Thanks for another great story!
twinchaosblade chapter 7 . 4/4/2008
Now that was an extremely suspenseful and nicely written story! Your characterizations of the boys were fine and in character, how much Sammy cared and showed his emotions while Dean desperately tried to hide them. Reading that they failed to save the couple in the first car really broke my heart and I was suffering along with the brothers. Loved the note Sammy wanted to leave for Dean! And it was a beyond brilliant idea to have them rent a car in order to save their precious Impala from having to tangle with the phantom truck.

Having the phantom truck driver uncharacteristically come after their victims was a wonderful twist and provided an extra amount of angst to the story. What a mean trait of the spirit!

But to be frank, despite the great writing for the rest of the story, I have to agree that the ending was weak. The epilogue wrapping up the aftermath in what... three sentences wasn't nearly appropriate in comparison to the rest of the story. I can fully understand if you didn't want to go into detail with the recovery but I'd honestly skipped the first part of the epilogue and just returned for their recovery of the Impala. That would have totally sufficed to conclude the story and give it a fitting end.

Anyway, I still deeply enjoyed reading your story, and I'll make sure to check out more of your fanfiction.
Twinchy chapter 7 . 4/3/2008
Bravo at the tight pacing and the imaginative story twists. The driver coming to finish what he began, was something altogether new and increased the tension loads.

Sammy writing a good-bye note for Dean - heart-breaking. *sniff*

One tiny thing: the epilogue about the aftermath could have been a few sentences longer. And even though I'm not trained in medicine, discharging the boys after merely five days with those bad injuries seems a bit early, even to me.

Great job (despite my grief for the couple in the beginning)!
Twinchy chapter 2 . 4/3/2008
Oh no, Christy! That was so very sad. *sobs uncontrolably*

I know Dean's right they couldn't have done anything but it still broke my heart. Maybe they could have done something to spare the poor woman THAT fate at least when they knew what was going to happen. *sniff*

BTW, great writing and brilliant idea to not use the Impala for this gig on the road. Extra ensurance... LOL.
sammygirl1963 chapter 7 . 6/30/2007
Awesome story Christy, I was holding my breath when the car went over the cliff with Sammy in it. And then when the phantom driver came back to finish the job-oh mercy I had goosebumps!
SamaStar chapter 7 . 4/17/2007
WOW... thats all i have to say, great job
sentarla chapter 7 . 4/3/2007
there you go, another good one. poor sam, the story ended quickly, but then i don't think poor sam could have handled anymore attention :-)

Best part in the fic...

“Why didn’t you just kiss it and tell it how much you love it?” Sam said grinning as they walked to the rental car.

that soo sounded like them. thank god you did not use the impala in this fic, I think dean would have disowned you if you did.

supernaturallylost chapter 7 . 7/10/2006
Can I just say wow. This story has so many twist and turns that it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading it. Yeah I know I'm reviewing at the very end but I just found it and decided to read it all the way through before reviewing. Anyway like I said wow.
abby chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
I love that you love angst.
keb1991 chapter 7 . 1/25/2006
Wow! That story was really good. I just couldn't stop reading it. Your ending was really good despite what you may think it didn't suck. If you keep writing stories like that I'll keep reading them. Good work.
Ghostwriter chapter 7 . 1/24/2006
Ha ha ha ha ha. Great ending. Catch ya on the flip side.
Kaewi chapter 7 . 1/23/2006
What an exciting story! I'm sad it's over, but i'll forgive you because you started a new story, haha. Thanks for sharing this one!
DreamShadows chapter 7 . 1/23/2006
That was really good, I loved it... Write a new story soon!
Applegrape chapter 7 . 1/23/2006
you had to end it! . (silently crys)