Reviews for Tis the Season
ilovemanicures chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Even though I'm still getting used to reading "serious" stuff from you, I think you did a magnificent job at balancing the humor and the emotion you wanted to portray in this.

I really liked all the different sides of Valon you showed throughout the story as well as hitching Mai and Joey. There were a lot of fun surprises in this one and it was a lot of fun to read. Especially your special little twist on the game of life. I died laughing at all of Kaiba' careers! xD

Either way I really enjoyed reading this from you and I once again thank you for sharing ;D
CBA to login but I'm Hanhula chapter 5 . 3/28/2011
'Not the full quid' is English slang, I thought. Same goes with 'chunder'. I'm an english girl who moved to aussie and I've only heard that slang being used in England! Especially cuz 'quid' means 'pound'...

Anyway, GREAT story! I'm reading it at 3:50am so this may be an unintelligable (did I spell that right?) review! So glad I finally found a fanfic that is good, and doesn't ship Seto with Jou!
KedakaiOkami chapter 5 . 11/27/2010
For auld lang syne, my dear, For auld lang syne, We'll tak a cup of kindness yet, For auld lang syne!

I thought it was good for Valon to get to see the nicer side of Seto, hence my particular quote from the traditional Scottish song (hooray) which you used as a title for the chapter
KedakaiOkami chapter 4 . 11/27/2010
the attack pony is classic lol
KedakaiOkami chapter 3 . 11/27/2010
such a fun chapter, the whole sleepover comments thing was such a laugh, and the game was hilarious, especially with the play arguments.
KedakaiOkami chapter 2 . 11/27/2010
Valon's such a bubbly character that it's easy to forget he's a fighter
KedakaiOkami chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Seto's "plotting" to kill Valon is really amusing
Shadow over Egypt chapter 4 . 9/9/2007
I don't think anyone in the mansion would hear the end of it if the inconceivable actually happened and Seto -lost- at Monopoly. I wonder which piece he'd have ran off with and claimed as his own though? Everyone seems to have a Monopoly piece they identify with in some way - you think kaiba stole the little car?

...Kuriboh the attack pony. (chuckles) That'd make for an interesting warning sign on the gates.
Shadow over Egypt chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Dense, thy name is Seto Kaiba. (laughter) Honestly, he's got to be the dumbest smart person in all of Japan.

This chapter made me smile. Though it only has minimal holiday-ish-nes in it, it still radiates the christmas vibe, and that leaves me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

...The fact Yami so liberally scattered the mistletoe around the mansion made me grin though...
animesoulxD chapter 5 . 3/6/2006
oh a wonderful ending! -claps hands- JOU AND MAI ISH GETTING MARRIED! XD And they're having an egyptian themed wedding! (so kewl...*.*) and I absolutely loved the way Jou proposed to Mai...! Blurting it out right then and there in his favorite place in the entire world! D That's definitely a JOU thing! XD

The part with Valon, Pegasus and the rest of them...just soo...yeah...] Makes me even more happy to know that Seto has Yami...and that Yami has Seto D

Okay, I'm prolly gonna sound like some sappy fangirl but...AW! I WURVE THE LAST SCENE WITH SETO AND YAMI OUTSIDE! It was just full of...HONEY! XD My favorite lines ever:

"To you, my Kai-baby – the most selfless person I know. Despite your ‘flaws,’ I wouldn’t change a thing about you, because that’s what makes you the man that you are. The man that I love."

"And to you, Yami. For putting up with my shit, ‘cause I know no one else would. For never giving up on us, even when I had given up myself. And for… being with me past, present, … and future."

Adored Kaiba's last bit over there. It's just so...HIM, ya know? Very to-the-point, blunt, and straightforward!

Hm...I think that if I don't stop now, I'll just go on and on! So, I'll just end with this! I wurveed this story with all my heart! -squish- (Reading this has made my day so much happier! XD) You are an awesome writer, yo!
animesoulxD chapter 4 . 3/5/2006
-laughs like crazy- OMG...this was too funny! XD I can't even begin to list all the things that made my laugh in this chapter! (the horse biting Valon, Kaiba's guesses on what Yami's tatto might be like, a pony named Kuriboh! XD) Pure awesome ness!

OH NO! I hafta go eat dinner now...O.o I promise to read and review chapter 5 asap! -runs off-
animesoulxD chapter 3 . 3/5/2006
heh heh heh! Attack of the PJ's! D Pink-red sleepshirt with bunnies! Hmm, I actually think I have a set of PJs just like Pegasus's! O.o meep!

Yami's a pimp! Kaiba's a stripper! (and all the other assigned careers were all very...interesting! XD) WHE! omg, this chapter was hilarious! You really do know how to write humor! D
animesoulxD chapter 2 . 3/5/2006
"...a huge, unusual metal sculpture of a Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon rising out from one corner as if guarding the door…" O.O HOLY CRAP, that's one chunk of metal that I really want in my house! And Kaiba uses it as a coat rack? O.o Well, it does indeed make sense, the ever practical CEO! (I'd prolly just place it in my living room for everyone to gawk and worship over! Make sure no one would touch it...gr polish it everyday! D)

"But with the proximity of their bodies and the challenging looks on their faces and the way their hands were positioned, it almost looked like they were about to throw down their cards and began tearing off one another's clothing." -snickers- Tearing off one another's clothes...Ah I can picture it so beautifully in my head!

Anyways, I really liked the interaction between Seto and Pegasus! (And praise to your ability to write Yami and Kaiba with such accuracy and IC-ness! XDD That's something I always struggle with and can never ever successfully do x.x) Pegasus has always been a "meh" character for me, but now that I'm reading your story, I'm starting to see him in a new light! D

LOL Valon's a flirty lil' Aussie aint he? XD

Loved the chapter! -throws bubble tea at you-
animesoulxD chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
LOL I knew right away that I would love this fic the moment I read the very first line...! "How Seto and Yami managed to make breakfast without setting themselves on fire no one really knew..." XD That takes skill, I tell you!

Anyways, awesome chapter! Seto not knowing about Pegasus and his buddies coming over was priceless! Things should get -really- interesting right now...3 (Mistletoe minefield! XD)

Btw...you have the most entertaining dialogue ever! XD I wanna post them all but that would take up A LOT of space...O
Nenya85 chapter 5 . 2/19/2006
Finally clear-headed nenough to review (lol). REally sweet ending. I liked Kaiba's discomfit when he can't sense Yami - it underscores just how much a part of him Yami's become. And I liked the way he still stiffens, almost involuntarily, at the L-word. The sense of connection between them was both strong and swet.

The scene with Valon was touching to - it was interesting the way, underneath the easy-going flirty exterior, he takes responsibility for his 'family.'