Reviews for Rise Against the Dark Tide
The L. MMonster chapter 1 . 3/14
Willow has green eyes, not hazel.
ADreamer chapter 29 . 3/11
Every so often I've come back and reread this whole story and felt utter disappointment that the story's hasn't been update. It is such a magnificent story, making me read it within a day, and though I'd love to see it continued, I completely understand that life is of more importance.
Whyhow chapter 22 . 11/28/2016
The translations of the spells at the bottom are useful, but it would be nice if you put the Latin or other original form there as well, so we could check what a spell means without knowing the order.
SnarkyBacterium chapter 29 . 11/21/2016
Great story, well-written, awesome characterisation of Buffy and Harry Potter characters. I'm almost certain that I stumbled across this sometime in the past, but I couldn't say when. All I know is I'm rather glad I found it again.

Largely speaking, you've been fairly original with the story beats and plot- rehashing certain Buffy episodes and Harry Potter chapters is necessary, but with the changes it's easy enough to get through. I'm a bit annoyed Ethan Rayne died (there are so few people in fiction with my name, dammit- I like the ones there are keeping their souls in their bodies), but it's forgivable. It's this latest (and apparently last, so far) chapter that I feel gets really off-the-rails, over-the-top and unignorably fanfiction-y. You go out of the way to detail the fate of the Dursleys (a fate which, in addition to being unbelievably bloody overkill, is entirely unnecessary for the plot or its progression), jumping forward eleven years in the future and kind of ruining any suspense that either Harry or Willow would die (permanently, mind you) before the story was done.

The Dursley's, as in canon, did not physically abuse Harry. They did not starve Harry- they underfed him, yes, but there is a great distinction between those terms. They neglected him a bit, and they tip-toed the line of emotional abuse, but none of this, if it would be triable at all, deserves eleven years of harsh slavery considering they exist in the modern world, where shit like that doesn't fly (Goblins or not). And it is also worth mentioning, because so many people don't seem to be aware, that Dudley being attacked by the Dementors and being saved by Harry caused him to realise he wasn't happy with his own life- it's why he became nicer to Harry in Half-blood Prince and Deathly Hallows for as little as we see him. He grows as a person in the maturity-sense after that point, not the physical one (he's also taken up boxing by this point, so he's already losing weight).

tl'dr: good story, Dursleys were unnecessarily nuked, and you screwed with Dudley's one chance at redemption and maturation as a human being.
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 8 . 6/5/2016
So gypsy magic, black/wicca magic, and witch magic are all seperate? At this pont, might as well toss in Dresden for shits and giggles.
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 2 . 6/5/2016
Just a thought, you might want to toss a comma after Ron in "the twins, Ron and Ginny" otherwise it reads like you are saying Ron and Ginny are twins, not that its the twins Ron and Ginny
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
Before I even start reading, I have to say I thought the same things. I mean, it fits totally, what with the years, Lily being a redhead, etc. Basically dug through the X-overs until I found this. Now, onward to reading!
gabofo chapter 29 . 10/17/2015
I powered through this when I should have been studying for my econ midterm. This is brilliant and good. The flow is natural, the characters feel authentic and like the book and tv series.

You did a great job.

I know it's been two years, but I'll wait as long as I have to for an update.

I'm so boned for my econ midterm. Which is tomorrow. And I haven't even finished reading the chapters yet. hooo boi.
b00kworm93 chapter 29 . 10/11/2015
This is one of the best stories I've read, I hope you update soon I really want to see harry and willow reunite
MariaClaire 24 chapter 23 . 9/28/2015
Wow !

I am a recent reader on harry potter and buffy crossovers. The way you have integrated these to universes to construct your story is superb. Really looking forward to seeing the next chapter, update when you can.
Kara chapter 1 . 8/12/2015
Pretty please update
rrrpv chapter 29 . 8/1/2015
oh...my god...that was a serious head rush. it's definitely near the top of the spectrum of "long-lost harry potter sibling" fics i've seen in a long time! i know this hasn't been updated in like 3 years, but there's at least one person out there holding out for an update. thanks for sharing!
titan616 chapter 29 . 7/15/2015
This story is incredible. I hope it is continued, I'm really looking forward to Harry and Willow meeting, and Willow and Tara too. I absolutely adore the trio's friendship with Lorne and their stay at Caritas. And it was fun watching the three of them on the run together. I also loved their battles with "Wolfy and Hart" lol. Buffy was getting seriously pissed at those guys. And the Dursley's fate was great, I always enjoy it when writers punish them in creative ways.
wickedmythos94 chapter 29 . 2/27/2015
love this story! but harry and willow need to be together, like now!
Danny Stormrider chapter 27 . 1/6/2015