Reviews for To Be a Man
Jesper Arratay chapter 14 . 12/22/2014
Awwwwww! I know I didn't review the rest of the chappies but that's just because I was too anxious to see what would happen next! :D this was an adorable incredible amazingly well-written story. FABULOUS job! :D I cant wait to see Halith again. I always love a good bad guy. :P
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 14 . 1/8/2013
awwww!
LisaG16 chapter 14 . 12/14/2009
Wow...really exciting and heartfelt story! Really good!
asdfjkl chapter 14 . 12/2/2008
woot! go aragorn.

he kicks ass.

and so do the twins. and legolas.

lovely story.

well, maybe not LOVELY, persay, but...you know what i mean.

keep writing!
StarLight9 chapter 14 . 5/3/2008
I finished this amazing story yesterday and I stayed up to 3 am to read it - I just couldn't leave it! A wonderful reading, and a very original one. And it is much more than a simple torture fic. Emotions are very well dealed with, and you have really shown what it takes to be a man. I will most certainly read both sequels. And I have to say I'm glad you kept Halith alive - he is a rarely intelligent baddie and I look forward to see what more trouble he is going to cause :)
StarLight9 chapter 10 . 5/3/2008
I started reading this extraordinarily good story today, and the only reason I haven't reviewed so far is that I just could stop! It is original, with well developed and believable plot, and very, very enjoyable to read. Thanks for a great story, and I'm sorry my review is so short but I just have to go and read the next chapter now...
Tirnel chapter 14 . 6/5/2007
yay!
Tirnel chapter 13 . 6/5/2007
When dwarves dance ballet! XD XD XD!
Tirnel chapter 12 . 6/5/2007
aaww! sweet!
Tirnel chapter 10 . 6/5/2007
"Lovely. This was just the extra special treat he needed to make his day. A monologue from an obviously deranged and sadistic person" I like that line..."the look he was shooting at Daeion could have fried a mumak." ha ha!
Tira Archer chapter 14 . 5/18/2007
how absolutely vile, those little wands. you're good with the torture/angst bit, you do know this?
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 14 . 4/3/2006
Ohmygoodness!

I only just found out that you had reposted this after it went all * #$ # and so yay! Joy to the world!

And oh! You finished it! I'm so glad that Aragorn got home and everyone is okay and Legolas is alive and yay! But Halith is still at large...can we possibly anticipate a sequel? *looks hopeful*

It's been a pleasure reviewing for this awesome story!

WoOt!
Deep Sorrow chapter 14 . 2/10/2006
Aww...what a great ending. It's so bittersweet, very Tolkeinesque. And I can think of no higher praise than that. Well done.

So many things happened in this chapter. The action was awesome. I loved seeing Glorfindel as the enraged elf lord. His fight scene rocked.

And the part with Legolas confronting Halith was so angsty. I remember in the planning stages of this story that was like one of the first scenes we talked out. And it was worth the wait. Yes, we'll definitely have to come up with some way to use your ubervillain since we spared him from a painful death in this story. :)

But I think that really my favorite part was the last conversation. It really was just the perfect completion to this story.

Also, I want to thank you for reposting all your stories, and having the courage to basically start over. I know you thought about not doing it, but I'm so glad that you did. To quote Elrond, "I am proud of you."

Thanks for all the fun, and I hope you'll do another story sometime soon. Until then, may the stars shine ever on your path, mellon nin. :)
Deep Sorrow chapter 13 . 2/10/2006
Aah yes...the ever necessary filler chapter. A nice little relief from the tension filled angst. And still very well done.

I absolutely love the way you depict the twins. Their banter, flowing easily from mild humor to utter seriousness, rings quite true and never feels forced or fake. Also, the way you have of making them two very distinct and deep charcters, with their own individual strengths and weaknesses is greatly appreciated. And now on to the finish!
Deep Sorrow chapter 12 . 2/10/2006
Oh my sibling...this is, I think, one of the finest chapters you have ever set to type. I have read it so many times, and yet I still get misty eyed at the end. *offers authoress a watery smile, then breaks down blubbing completely* It's so beautiful! *sob* So sad, but happy at the same time! *howl*

*Heros glance at each other. Estel walks over, turns the beta's chair, delivers a ringing slap to each cheek, then calmly returns to the crate. Elves applaud politely*

Ow...ok, thanks. I needed that. Also, your portrayal of the elder twin is incredible. Even I found him scary. And I'm glad the awful ranger whomper got his just desserts.

(Ghost of Daeion) dessert nothin'! I got stabbed in the back! Confections had nothing to do with it!

(Me) Look, it was just a figure of...never mind. On we go.