Reviews for Nurture
sakuuya chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I liked this fic a lot. You did a surprisingly great job of making Palpatine complex without losing sight of the fact that he's pretty freakin' evil, and li'l Maul (a character, I admit, I don't like much) was so adorable that I ended up feeling bad for him. And for Palpy, even.
Abydell chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I really liked this story. I loved that little Maul drinks blood out of a sippy cup! Thats Awesome!
Jackie A. Mendez chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
It's well-written but the characterizations don't fit for me. Palpatine seemed too affectionate towards Maul, they're Sith but he treats Maul like a Jedi would.

Maul's early life was hard and cruel but he doesn't fault his master for it. He was even grateful for all he's learned under him.

Palpatine is also not so keen on sharing power, even if it is with his apprentice. Apprentices are more tools than anything else.

You should read Darth Maul's journal, it's really fascinating!
Leia Skywalker chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
I never gave much thought into Maul's training.

Great job!
nannon chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
this was an awesome fic. very well done.
Mornwey chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Aw, baby Maul! That's adorable!

*worries over the fact she has just described a Sith as adorable*

Ah well, I'm sure he won't mind

Peace out

TSD
CrazyPyroMan chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
I like this, shows a different Palpatine, very good

CrazyPyroMan
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Hello...

Very nice prose you have here, and descriptions evocative of a different era, when Palpatine was younger. I'm not sure that the timeline works out in years but that's ok.

Some of this I'm finding amusing, some of it very creepy. Your written training methods make sense... Very good characterization of Palpatine, more realistic than some canon things I've seen. Wierd..."There are always two Sith, he thought to himself. Never one." Excellent, in context.
Ed's Tomato chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
Oh that was so lovely and sweet and horrible. Beautifully written. I think you captured them perfectly.
LL chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
Oh, wow. This story is just BRILLIANT.

I had always thought Palpatine left Maul alone in the daytime, even as a tiny baby, so he could pursue his career, but I never thought of a droid. And Maul breaking everything - ha!

I love the uneasy affection between them, how Palpatine feels he has to keep stopping it. And the images with which they communicate - how perfect and well-drawn.

Well-written and just a great story. Thanks for writing it!
thustris chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
An excellent view into the world of a young Palpatine! Seeing him as both father-figure & Sith master to an infant Maul creates an almost tangible aura to Palpatine: it finally humanizes him in a way previous film & literature has never touched, yet still keeps that villainous touch to him that fans of Star Wars are intimately familiar with. Very well done!