Reviews for The Best of Mediocrity
dancing elf chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
interesting
Sora Kohaku chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
Beautifully written! I can definitely imagine Kaiba saying think that.

I can hear it now, "For whatever you're worth (instead of 'for whatever it's worth'), I admire your stupidity. It's the only thing that keeps you from staying down like the dog you are."
Cymoril Avalon chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
Yes, I'm reviewing another one.

/Among is us he is merely lucky to be qualify/ ...eh? What?

/But Jounouchi will never be a true Duelist./ ( Poor Jou, forever a bonkotsu duelist.

Kaiba is deliciously IC. I've come to cherish each and every fic where Kaiba's personality is not raped, and the Kaiba/Jou fics especially set my blood on fire. I especially like how grudgingly Kaiba admits to himself that he can admire even one trait of Jou's.

A lot of good points were made here as well, as to how Jounouchi became a Duelist and why Kaiba considers him unworthy of become a shin no duelist. /That braying jackass/ seemed a little out of place though, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Another good story!
expletive deleted chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
Brilliant. Even though it's from Kaiba's acerbic point of view, it portrays Jounouchi so well that I can see everything I love about the character, if from the opposite side.

"Mutou Yuugi shattered my path. Jounouchi Katsuya refuses to let me reshape it."

Ah! So cool. A few well chosen words that show everything that needs to be showed.
Growing Pain chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
A very good insight on why Kaiba holds such a well shown disliking to Jou. I think you did this very good aside from a few grammatical errors (but we all do those). I really liked this line

I don't know why, I just do :P Anyway, a good oneshot. You've got his persona in character.
MyAibou chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
YES! That's it! That's exactly why Kaiba is so intent on putting down Jou. He absolutely cannot conceptualize that someone could be okay with not being the best and that challenges everything he believes about himself.

Well done!