Reviews for It's Not Cricket
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 6 . 4/12
I really like it that it ends on this almost wistful note. There's so much we don't find out about the machine, but that's not really important. The important thing is the character study, which is charming.
tarmiriel chapter 6 . 10/24/2006
Hey, RoaringMice!

This is a really great story. I enjoyed reading it.

I especially loved the description of Malcolm trying to teach Trip about cricket. Coming from a cricket-playing nation myself, I know how it feels. :)

You do the characterizations of Trip and Malcolm nicely too, just like in your other stories, some of which I've read.

Cheers,

Tarmiriel
IchthusFish chapter 6 . 3/14/2006
Y'know, I didn't read this for ages because I thought it was going to be about, well cricket... and I'm not into cricket so I didn't read it. *shrugs*

Good story. I especially like the boys going off on a "camping trip" lol. And Archer posting security, lol. A bit O-T-T me thinks, typical Archer.

** "I don't know. I figure it would be interesting to try fooling around with someone I was linked to." **

Erm... you think like me... this is scary lmao!
M. D. Jensen chapter 6 . 2/2/2006
I absolutely adore this! You have their relationship down so perfectly.
Rinne chapter 6 . 1/24/2006
Great ending!

Love the use of the phrase.
Triptacular chapter 6 . 1/22/2006
Wow, that was fascinating. I couldn't stop reading. A really interesting idea with the two best characters serving as the linked pair. Trip's sadness over Lizzie really came through. I loved the way Trip teased Malcolm while "camping". Thanks so much for writing it. That was great.
Bamboo Pug chapter 6 . 1/20/2006
Intriging
WhtevrHpnd2Mary chapter 6 . 1/18/2006
PLEASE say you're going to write a sequel to this, with the two of them coming to terms with what occured, and what's missing. I mean, this is perfect pre-slash here! ::anime kitty eyes::
Hisster chapter 6 . 1/17/2006
I loved that story. What a great ending. I have such a soft spot for those two anyway. Can't wait to read your next story. Keep writing.

Hisster
firebirdgirl chapter 6 . 1/17/2006
Interesting fic! I love the camping part...Happy writing!
JadziaKathryn chapter 6 . 1/17/2006
I feel rather foolish about this, but I don't quite get the significance of Malcolm's final line. "It's not cricket." I'm missing something, and it's the title and all, so this bothers me.

At any rate, the writing of this is fabulous, especially the salt and grease line in the beginning.
WhtevrHpnd2Mary chapter 5 . 1/16/2006
Aww, now it's just gettin' cute and silly. :)

Is there going to be more to this after this story, or will it be resolved? I'd love to see some playing around a bit with this little link, you know?
firebirdgirl chapter 5 . 1/16/2006
Great fic, I can't wait to see what happens next, happy writing!
Hisster chapter 5 . 1/16/2006
Great Chapter! I love how you captured Trip's boyish charm. Love it! Keep Writing!

Hisster
volley chapter 5 . 1/16/2006
Oh, I missed this story on the week-end! Wonderful chapter. I liked the little bit of Trip being able to get released from sickbay without making a fuss like Mal, that was a great touch. And the ending was also precious. And them sharing a link, can't wait to see where that will lead... more soon?