Reviews for A Father's Anguish
:) Love, love the story... you have done a good job so far with the story... far more than good... :)
Aranel Mirfain chapter 43 . 1/29
Hope all is well. This never fails to make me laugh and cry. I hope one day to read it in its entirety. Until then I shall continue to read, and hope. Kind regards, Aranel.
maureen chapter 43 . 7/2/2014
what happened next? Did you write under a different title. I've enjoyed this story and wanted to know how it ends.
Guest chapter 43 . 6/12/2014
Well I think you've done a good job considering the circumstances... but I do hope the updates won't be too long like last time...
Up-In-the-Clouds1285 chapter 43 . 6/9/2014
I think almost a year qualifies for enough time to update :) great story! Estel is my favorite! The way you portray his emotions makes me want to run into the story to give him a hug. Please continue. I'm still wondering who Jobel is working for. And honestly even though I want Estel rescued, I think that Jobel kidnapping Estel would be fantastic. Ohh and after that have Raul and the elves team up bc he feels guilty. :D
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 43 . 2/10/2014
Really really good, no black and white morality :) Please please please update soon!
Anariel Goldenarrow chapter 43 . 1/31/2014
Gah! You can't leave it like that! Please, please, please update! This story is very well done, and I am attached to it! I really hope you update again, it is so very good.
TheScottishOne chapter 43 . 1/27/2014
I am going to do something I have never done on fanfiction before and BEG you to finish! Please for the love of all that is good and holy I have stayed up to half three in the morning to finished this story only to find the last update was 6 months ago :(

I am completely and utterly invested in this story now and i'll continue to check it as often as I can so PLEASE either post quickly or message me to say whether or not you are going to finish?

Please, please, pretty please? I asked nicely :P
wishingtree chapter 43 . 12/31/2013
Please please up date soon I'm keen to know what happens next :-)
kittyhawk09 chapter 43 . 11/28/2013
This has been an enjoyable read so far. I hope you update it.
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 20 . 11/22/2013
It's much nicer to have the translations in the text instead of having to scroll down to the bottom.
kissthis chapter 2 . 8/11/2013
Lovely lovely fic! Been a favorite of mine for years! Thank you for the update! Always lovely to read a little Estel fic. :)
Tirnel chapter 43 . 8/2/2013
A few things you may want to fix: Someone may have already mentioned this, I may have already mentioned it :p (been so long and I'm not sifting through those reviews to find out). BUT according to FOTR: Book II: Chapter 3: The Ring Goes South the 'typical' ranger garb is and I quote, "The company took little gear of war, for their hope was secrecy not in battle. Aragorn took Anduril but no other weapon and went clad only rusty green and brown, as a ranger of the wilderness." (I know his outfit looks black in the movie, but if you watch the special features on EE it is in fact green and brown).

Now, in ROTK: Book 5: Chapter 2: The Passing of the Grey Company: "A little apart the rangers sat in an ordered company, armed with spear, bow, and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey and their hoods were cast over helm and head...There was no gleam of stone or gold inther gear and harness; nor did their riders bear any badge or tokensave only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star." Halbarad says earlier in this chapter they were going to war, so the rest of their clothes COULD have been different.

Now to hair and eye issues: I know it can get tedous for an author and it can stifle creativity, but Tolkien usually describes (except for maybe a few like possibly Finduilas) ALL Numenoreans a.k.a Dunedain a.k.a. rangers are tall, dark-haired with grey/silver eyes. Sure you change one every now and then to say, sandy hair and green eyes, but I would not do it too often, especially in one story and especially if they are related to Aragorn (Halbarad is btw). Now if you are creating from an "Author's Universe" which I do see a lot of, like killing Gilraen. It's wise to post something in the summary or somewhere.

I saw a few spelling/grammar errors that were missed, but that's ok. I know my grammar sucks. But I do believe you use the word "Aye" WAY WAY too much.
Tolkien's world, the more I study it (always do your homework when working on a fanfic). The more I realize it is NOT a Medieval world persay. There are certainly medieval aspects to it, yes. But to just lump it into the medieval genre is wrong. There are several thechnological advances they had in Tolkien's world that are not found in M times. Also several idioms he uses and certain foods.
It is believed that T's world has some sort of indoor plumbing, though primitive. When I read Tolkien, I get the feel of late 1800s early 1900s with medieval aspects (swords, bows, lack of easy transportation, dragons) Keep in mind Tolkien's world IS fantasy.

I can give more advice but for now I have to go. we can pm about this if you wish and remember to do your homework! :)
Guest chapter 43 . 7/27/2013
Zammy chapter 43 . 7/22/2013
I am gonna cry if any more hurt finds Estel *hugs little Estel* Come one Elrond you can find them tracks and get your son back!