Reviews for Five Words in Winter
punky warhammer chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
i hail from Canada, about 250 miles north of Toronto- i've seen it get to -30 F. and the snow then makes that squeaky styrofoam noise when you step on it. (that's one of the ways i can tell how cold it is without a thermometer). i imagined the cold to be like that for your story, but now I think there would be an legolas-icle in the tree at the end of the watch.
liked the story tho- good job.
aja aron chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
I love the concept of a ritual like this, and that Legolas would undertake it easily at Gandalf's simple suggestion, though he feels doubtful, was nicely portrayed. I really enjoyed your use of character voice as well as the simple but effective prose - the setting, the descriptive interactions, the introspection and inner thoughts that rolled easily on page and didn't bog down the forward momentum of the tale - all nicely done.

And, I laughed out loud at the last line. Nice.
Pytti chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
This is my first time reading one of your stories, despite my friend's nagging about reading them since a loooong time ago (she's a devoted fan ;)). I love it! You've got a really nice style, and I like your depiction of Legolas and life in Mirkwood and... well, everything else! Definitely gonna read the others too... Thanks for this! :)
artgirl87 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
very well written and a beautiful short piece with just the right touch of everything(descrip., dialogue, humor, etc.) I wish you still wrote LOTR fanfiction!
Louiseoblique chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
LOL, I really enjoyed this, it really captured my imagination. LOL, Hope is definetly better than 'Fluffy,' though Fluffy is very funny. LOL! Very well written.

Best wishes,

Louise
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Ahh that was better than expected. His discovery of the words gave me chills..in a good way of course...and that squirrel and the idea of dozens of squirrels following him indoors is cute and amusing. Also liked Aignor; he was well done. Very good setup though i admit i probably would have been able to read it first even if i knew the correct order :P
Tari Surion chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Awesome story, quite interesting really.

Lol "He laughed at the thought of what Aignor would say when (if ever) he told him that he, the Prince of Mirkwood, was to be the follower of someone Aignor would have named "Fluffy."

Will there be a sequel?

Or is this a lone story?

Hope to read more of your work,

*Tari,
Firefly-Maj chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Hi,

Ive just read this story on the Teitho Page and really liked it! Now I want a squirrel like that as well, it was a very cute scene.

Legolas "foreseeing" his friendship with Fluffy is an interesting and different approach, and now Im waiting for you to write a story where the elf actually calls Aragorn by that name (if you havent done so already...)! ;)
Harriet Usher chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
*Falls out of the tree onto Legolas*

I HAVEN'T REVIEWED THIS AND TOLD YOU HOW YOU ROCK?

Ahem...

Okay, incredulous moment over, I love it! I think LOTR can be a hard epic to write FanFic about- I've tried and I never feel it lives up to Tolkien's work. I really enjoyed reading this, and your OC Aignor seemed to fit in so well with Legolas that I was half inclined to believe he would be Tolkien's own character.

(Turns solemn and serious) And I would truly love to see King Fluffy of Gondor. That, would be an unforgettable moment.

This story rules.

Isilthrar
sazza-da-vampire chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
that cold? ep. I've never even seen real snow in my life. Though my friends did on the year seven camp, years ago, WAY down south...

I think i might have skipped some in the middle, but it's a pretty good story! keep writing!
anarithilien chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
This story is exquisite! I'm putting it among my favorites and will look to read more of your work. Bravo!
Neko-Cat-Sama chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Aragorn being called Fluffy is just too funny and cute. Very good fic.
SiriusBlackFan2 chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Great story..interesting way for Legolas to learn of "his Destiny"
ziggy chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
I absolutely LOVE this. It is very beautifully written with that precise attention to language that marks the best writers. I mean that very sincerely. It is controlled and thoughtful, reflective and expansive all at the same time. Found it on Silvren Tinu's C" which i have now lost and am SO glad I saved your page into my favourites so I can check and see if you have added anyhting... which i hope you do...soon... hint hint not very subtle I know!
tarnishedgold chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
That was an incredible story. I loved everything about it, from the very begining to the last sentence. I've read a few of the things that you've written before but I will have to be sure to read the rest now. _

Keep up the incredible work.