Reviews for Between the Shadows
xHowlingWolfx chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Wow, this is totally amazing! One of the best fics I've read so far!
Isis the Sphinx chapter 11 . 7/29/2011
You know, for the longest time I simply wasn't able to bring myself to read this. It was the thought of Yugi being put through torture.

I had a hard time reading the first HP book too when I was a lot younger, 'cause of how the Dursleys treated Harry.

ANYWAY.

You're weaving a wonderful plot, and it's fun to play "spot the reincarnations!" I've caught 5, two of which you've frankly pointed out.

Looking forward to more, whenever you get back to it.

Keep writing!
Velgamidragon chapter 11 . 11/30/2010
Wow... I... am absolutely... ASTOUNDED by your work! Holy hell! How come it's taken me so long to find this absolutely AMAZING fic? ? ?
DarkManedFox chapter 8 . 10/15/2010
Wow. I may not have any idea of Rifts. But this story still got me hooked.
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Ha. Shoulda checked for a continuation before sending in that other review. Sorry.
Anzu Fan chapter 6 . 7/23/2008
I need to read the rest of this story...curse a short attention span.

This chapter is possibly one of my favorite in all of fan fiction history. Want to know why? It's that good sized paragraph in about the middle, when Yuugi and Yami finally meet up again. The sheerly perfect description, the comprehension of that emotion, the sense of being so IC...the moment when the two finally embrace is just about the best description of the two's relationship I've ever seen. No, not some hack job of being 'in love', just...love. The adoration, the friendship, the family, the trust. It goes way deeper than any story could ever capture, these partners, these -brothers-, but I think you come as close to capturing that sense in writing as it is possible to come.

Okay...gotta go read more. :D
MyAibou chapter 11 . 9/10/2007
I'd forgotten this chapter! Glad I had a chance to read it over again. Excellent work, as always. I can't wait for more!
MyAibou chapter 8 . 9/10/2007
VERY nice. I really like how you reworked everything. I loved the story before, but it flows much better now.

I really love this chapter in particular. I knew Kaiba instantly, even without him really being Kaiba. Well done!
MyAibou chapter 7 . 9/10/2007
The dots totally work, since it's not an elipses. Good choice! (And to those reading reviews, that might not make sense to anyone but the author, but she knows what I mean.) :)
Isis the Sphinx chapter 4 . 11/7/2006
Wow...Just like Shards, you have done a LOAD of research for this, and you've thought out each and every sentence(or at least it seems that way). You would think this fic slightly angst as well.

Once again, the Millenium Items are revealliong themselves. Rod, Puzzle, Key, Scales, amd Eye are out in the open. I can't wait for the Ring to reveal itself. Bakura's BACK! *snort* Can't wait for the next chap. This fic is just as enthralling as Shards. Keep writing, favorites and alerts(fic and author) for this one!
PharaonicWolf chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
Ah, Korwyn... *smirk*

Oh how I love this chapter. *hugs Gambit and Fenris close* One thing I saw this time that I missed during beta-ing though: The conversation between Jon - I mean Cool J - and Hank shifts really quickly from the Millennium Eye to a new topic. It might make more sense if there were an awkward pause, or something...

But anyway... REVIEW, PEOPLE! REVIEW!
Kirara-Elfkin chapter 3 . 7/13/2006
Excellent! Very good characterisation, VERY good storyline!

o

Please update soon...
helix chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Any day now...

..twiddles thumbs...

Any minute now... she'll update.
Helix chapter 2 . 3/23/2006
I read over this chapter again.

The style and pacing is as good as ever, and now ive come to better appreciate the detail and care that youve put in this story, the little sighs and groans that embellish a verbal response. The character descriptions give me just enough detail to visualize the character with out the irritating extranious (sp?) drivil that would detract from the plot.

I have some questions.

1. As I understand, Anghrist has several things to keep Yami bound to servitude.

He has Yugi's Physical body, the puzzle, The dish of silver Liquid that is the physical manifestation of yugi's soul, a black hematite stone, and a box the size and shape of his deck (mentioned in CH1). Right?

So what is the purpose of the stone and the box?

2. Yami seems a valuable tool for Anghrist, important enough for the objects that bind him to be kept in his (Anghrist's) Personal Quarters. But Yami's Status seems to be the lowest of the low with the social hierarchy of the compound, so much so that he is forbidden to say anything in his own defense when presented with the verbal barbs of others. Yet he answers directly to Anghrist himself. I find this somewhat inconsistant. Why?

H.
Helix chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
Im a very selective reader and I have to say this this is hands down the best extreme AU story Ive read.

I see alot of stories like this, where characters are dropped into some completely new situation, be it feudal spain, the post apocolyptic future, dante's hell, victorian london, etc.

One problem that generally occurs with these stories, is the lack of believable characters, poorly developed logic and unexplained plot elements(ie. Joey, the young ice slowly withdrew the scepter of elven alchemy from his blazer. "Giant Robot... ATTACK!" he screamed...)

With that said this story is a refreshing sucess, and a joy to read.

The situation and events leading up to it are well developed. Anghrist is given more dimenstion, as he is harsh, yet, fair. removing him from the role of the stock evil character. The original characters you have developed specifically lilia and pur'n kln are also well rounded, and speak to the reader in their own right, not just as backdrop objects. Pur'n kln especially instill as much sympathy as does Yami.

Pru'nkln seems to be the obedient pawn, accepting his role as a slave, yet we know from his scars that he was not always so compliant.

I think the best part of this story is the in character and intact relationship between Yami and Yugi. Ive seen so many out of characters stories that it's a refreshing change.

" Nakama means buddy in japanese"

Most people know that Aibou means "Partner", but did you know that it is equally translated as buddy, pal, accomplice or companion?

Alot of authors Ive seen take the connotation of the word partner in english to mean a romance, or spousal relationship.

But that's just not true with the original context of the japanese.

So finding a story that keeps the characters intact is always a rare find.

The only thing that I feel is poorly done is the powerful, cheerful, somewhat sugarhigh girl at the end of chapter 3. Her appearence seemed like a deus ex machina, and the her rattling off of the backstory, overall superficiality and the character's relative unconditional acceptance of her, make her seem like a mary sue.

Never the less, this story is a refreshingly well done AU and I wasit to see what happens next.