Reviews for Vigil
NoilyPrat chapter 2 . 6/6
Wow, that was emotional! Thanks for warning it wasn't a death fic. Glad you wrote it. Enjoyed it from Sam's POV, wanting to do anything to keep big brother D Dean. Enjoyed Dean's travel back, and the whole not breathing no heartbeat problem. Liked it!
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 8/30/2014
Brilliant story, you got Sam's emotions perfectly in this story, terrified he was going to lose Dean and unable to hold back the tears. And you got Dean's dogged stubbornness, defying Death and making his way back to his little brother.
Zinfer chapter 2 . 3/8/2012
Dawwwwwwwwww, loved it :)
LaedieDuske chapter 2 . 11/4/2010
Very nice. The fight against Death was beautiful, and I love that he could feel Sammy's comforting touch. Really lovely piece.

LD
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 2 . 9/29/2009
Wow, that wasn't as depressing as I was expecting; well, apart from Sam's chapter which broke my heart

Well, no food to crave in this one, although it's made me really want to rewatch Faith :)

Random, but Death reminded me of Gomer from Pied Piper :)

Oh, and I'm sure plot bunnies can be spawned - they are evil after all!
jensengirl4eva chapter 2 . 7/7/2009
Great story with a very touching ending...
Ann chapter 2 . 2/25/2009
I really liked this story. Especially how connected the brothers are and Dean's dogged determination to get back to Sam. I especially liked that he was able to defeat Death by sheer stubbornness. That is so Dean!
bhoney chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
You had some WONDERFUL descriptions in here: "A laugh like dry sticks rubbing together" and: "The cold in that hand was that of a million winter nights, of the far side of the moon, of the dark beyond the stars" were my favorites.

You did a phenomenal job setting the scene, with the wailing wind, and the mountain. It was really creepy. LOVED that Dean could feel Sam's touch while in there, and that it gave him the strength to get out.

And of course I loved this part: "A warm, fierce hug drove the last of the cold and darkness from the corners of Dean Winchester’s soul. 'Sammy?' He was nearly asleep, but he had to make sure. 'Stay, all right?' The hand was back in his hair, and the words drifted quietly over him. 'I’m not going anywhere.'" And it gave me a giggle that Dean thought about how much this would mess with his brother's head. :)

Very nicely done!
bhoney chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I really thought I'd read this story already, but I hadn't. It's a good one.

This plea from Sam was heartbreaking: “You can call me Sammy all you want, I’ll put up with your crummy taste in music, I won’t ask to drive ever again, I’ll eat at any and all greasy spoon diners you want . . . just please wake up . . . .”

Loved Sam thinking about those years he spent at Stanford, wishing he had that time with Dean back. And the glimpse of him during those years, sitting and looking at the pictures of his big bro. Nice to know he missed him. LOVED this description of Dean: "This is my older brother, my best friend, and hell, he even raised me after our father decided he didn’t want the job." Nice to know Sam recognizes that.

Really liking this story!
Scullspeare chapter 2 . 12/2/2008
Thought I'd read this first because it was your first post, and Faith was the first episode of SN I ever saw. Still ranks as one of my favourites because of that.

This was a great addition; a lovely study of each of the brothers.

I especially loved this:

"The warmth grew, slowly suffusing through his body, easing the bone-chilling cold that had so weakened him. His limbs tingled, all pins and needles. He groaned at the sudden sharp pain, but just as quickly it vanished. Heedless of his bleeding hands, he pushed himself unsteadily to his feet, knowing he had to make use of the gift he’d been given before it could fade.

Thanks, Sammy."

That really taps into the essence of what makes the brotherly bond such an integral part of this show.

Just yum!
drkstormynite chapter 2 . 8/28/2008
What a great story! Thanks for such a great read!

Love that Sam could bring Dean back...

Winchester brothers, woot!
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 2 . 4/29/2008
Breathtaking, amazing and totally eerie! This was a great fic!

*hugs*

Mandy
mouse8 chapter 2 . 8/25/2007
AW! So beautifully done - thanks!
HollyBush chapter 2 . 8/14/2007
This was just lovely! I'm still holding out for a moment like this.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Aw...I loved it, so sweet. Thanks for not killing my Dean.

Great story, love brotherly angst!