Reviews for A Telling of Other Worlds
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Lovely imagery! Amazing. I'm new to this whole Aoshi x Misao shipping business (and RK in general, and Aoshi x Misao is the only pairing I thoroughly like) and this fic helped me sail it further. Thank you for writing this.
Bonsoir chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
This was very lovely. I adore the imagery, and two lines were my favorites: 1.) "words only matter when he wants them to," and "he shakes his head and feels very human."

Especially that last one. Very pretty prose. Nothing feels resolved here, but I can sense that things are moving in that direction.
White Crow chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
magnificent in its simplicity. do write more.
Lady Mirabelle chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
I'm sure you know already, but this is beautiful. :(
dustbowls chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
The imagery here is very beautiful. Nice touch with the sub-titles, and showing how mature and thoughtful Misao has become. Aoshi is also very character and their interaction is very believable. It's short, but you got your point across.
Aliora chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Lovely writing. You have a fluid, whimsical style that was simply a pleasure to read. Beautiful work.
Plasmolysed Cell Membrane chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
This is quite something. It feels like I stumbled across one of the stories in my creative writing textbook. Which is a good thing! I mean. yeah. It's great.
Warg chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Lyrical, flowing...

Awesome read...

Such smooth symmetry and the vividness in the simplicity, rare..

Loved this...

Blue Jeans chapter 1 . 1/24/2006

Yup, the -only- author I would ever EVER read about Aoshi/Misao and adore!

Wonderful command of language! And glad to see you back, even if only briefly as the puddle that catches sight of the moon :)

- blue
Haidee chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
I liked this so much that I did not bother using a pseudonym (something I've never done before)!

I read this the day it was posted, but I hadn't been able to leave a review (even if I'd desperately wanted to) because I ran out of internet credits. *sheepish grin*

Anyway, this was, as usual, brilliant (I am so not doing you- or my extreme fangirl feelings- justice!)! This reminded me of this LoTR fic I liked (Altariel's Five Things that Never Happened to Faramir and Eowyn), and the fact that someone wrote RK with the depth and poetry usually reserved for more serious things like LoTR fiction pleases me immensely.

Blockhead that I am though, I still cannot grasp some concepts in this story (too much schoolwork, too little R and R). Maybe we should all go out sometime so we can discuss it more fully. Hehe. Its been a while since we did that anyway!

I'm so happy that you're still writing RK, and I am SO proud of you!
Mirune Keishiko chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
whoa. this is really nice! *slack-jawed*

seriously. i don't think you've written that much lately, but boy, you sure make up for it in quality.

i am especially enthralled by (3) and (4). the elegance and fluidity (if there are such things ;) of the language rips apart my heart with perfectly manicured, dainty hands.

"round and urgent like the world." the music of that just sends goosebumps all over me. it seems vaguely familiar... does it come from a poem or something? :)

all in all, magnificent work.

all of a sudden, i feel very human... :)
Espiirtus chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Another beauiful story.

I love it. Especially the Misao and waiting scene. It was very powerful. Keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, are you ever going to update that story you did with another person. I think it was called...Of Men and Pagents or something along those lines.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
This is as beautiful as a song, as lyrical as a poem, as poignant as evening.

I've put it on my favorites, and will re-read often. Thanks for giving it to us.
Neptune47 chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
Ah, that was absolutely fantastic. The set up, the writing style, everything. I think my favorite as definitely 4-watered moon. It felt so real to me-so Aoshi.

Thanks for writing!
Everything In Its Right Place chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
Once again you have done a wonderful job. You are definately one of the best writers on this site. I look forward to enjoying more of your work...