Reviews for Hindsight
xXDeviouslyInnocentXx chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
This is really really sweet!Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful story . Enjoy your day.
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
You characterize marvelously... Raito picking up hiragana so quickly doesn't surprise me at all, rather, your characterization does, pleasantly so. Amaterasu could have been integrated more fluidly, but the Goddess didn't detract overly much.
I wonder what Sachiko would have thought of Raito vs L tennis match, after Raito quit playing for high school.
You speak both literally and metaphorically, double-layering often. Skillful writing.
Sentio Infermum chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
This is fantastic. This snapshot of Light's family life is truly haunting, and that last line struck me to the core; even the summary was beautiful. Wonderful, wonderful work!
OCD chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
... Sachiko knew Light was Kira, didn't she? Or, at least, on some level she did. This is honestly one of the best fics I've seen in a LOOOOOONG time. Especially grammar- and spelling-wise. Seriously. I have seen so many fics with a great story but horrid grammar/spelling that I'm not entirely sure I know English anymore xD It's really rare for me to find an interesting fic that doesn't need spell-check or an extra beta. You, dear author, make the cut. I have no recommendations or revisions for you. At least, none that pop out enough for me to go back and look for something to correct.

I repeat, once more: You Are AWESOME!
Adala chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
"calling him Light would be massive overkill on the symbolism"

Well, Light's name is "Light Nightgod" - reading the story, I understand what you mean, but I don't think it would have been overdone. I mean, everybody knows his name is "Light" anyway :-)
Sonorous Serendipity chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
It's quite interesting how you portrayed Raito through the eyes of a completely underdeveloped character. Sachiko is one of the few pure characters of Death Note and all she really wants is the best for her son.
Therefore, I completely love this fic. :)
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
this was quite amazing 3
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
loved it.
Chocolate Pencil chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Wonderful job of portraying Light through his mother's eyes! You could tell that she was just trying to find theright thing to do and she just wished the best for her son, even if was at a high stake. All the example that showed that were great. It seemed so like Light to take a book and read it by himself at such a young age.

One line was particularily nice, about how Saichiko wanted Light to be a good boy, not one who looked down on others. Lots of irony in that.
May000 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
We don't see much of Sachiko in fanfiction, so it's interesting to see Light from the point of view of someone who loves him not out of awe or anything but because he's her son. His intelligence and beauty are just bonuses. Interesting to see a theory on what she thinks of Kira, as well.
Bibliophile0922 chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I almost cried.
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Aww, I loved the little childhood moments in this. I thought the portrayal of Raito as a clever child worked really well, and Sachiko's attitude towards him felt very plausible. I also really liked your reasoning for her being so complimentary to him in canon - it's a really lovely poignant one.

I'm not sure about the way you've written her attitude to Kira, but that might be a personal thing on my part! As an exploration of her connection with Raito, the fic really worked
SemperSomnium chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Oh, this is achingly, beautifully sad. Absolutely breathtaking.
Oportet chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
My Lady, but that last line struck me. And the title; I didn't even notice it until I reached the end, but it made me think. XD

I think you could've elaborated a bit more on post-Kira Light, but... I understand it was a long passage already, and I don't think there's any other way I would've handled it. XD
Killingmemory chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
This was truly wonderful. Very well written, and nice attention to detail. Faved.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »